Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Skill Point Perks [1764+ Supporters] [salted Likes It]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Nepeta Leijon, Dec 29, 2015.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes.

92.3%
  2. Yes, but change... (Please suggest)

5.2%
  3. No, you need to change... (Please suggest)

0.3%
  4. No.

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Likefilmsgamer

Likefilmsgamer Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    this is ancient but still is a good idea ;)

2. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    I'm not letting it die until it's implemented or I die first.

3. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Budget Wither

Minecraft:
    How is this not in the game yet?

4. CashorCard

CashorCard Apotheosis

5 years ago, this thread was made, it seems like a good idea, however it got better overtime, and even salted has said he liked it
    But that was 5 years ago
    The passage of time as crumbled this idea from ever happening and all that remains is our endless waiting as we wait for this change which could be great for many builds... how much longer must wr wait...

On a diffrent note: cool idea, hope it gets added soon

5. froge

froge Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As someone with this skill point layout on my main archer build, I would love to see this implemented lmao

[​IMG]

Nukewarmachine likes this.
  6. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How the heck did you get all those sp?

7. froge

froge Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  8. EvanOrizam

EvanOrizam Just your average Fruman supersoldier. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Very good idea! It gonna need some balancing tho, so this might come with the str and dex changes

9. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    You, know, after all these years I wonder how you propose the 5% dodge chance of the agility perk would work.

If it's added to your current dodge chance, you can get up to 85.8% dodge chance, multiplying EHP by ~7.0 instead of ~5.2. Even at 100 agility, it's the difference whether you get a factor of ~3.3 or 2.9.

If it's applied as a separate dodge chance, so it applies a 5% dodge chance to the fraction that isn't already covered by your agility, you can get up to 81.8%, so it isn't that unbalanced at high levels. At 100 skill points, you get 66.8% dodge chance which I guess it's pretty good also.

The latter is much more balanced, but at the same time - ignoring the fact that agility doesn't need to be more powerful than it is right now - kinda underwhelming. The thread doesn't specify. Please, I need answers.

10. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    It's meant to be additive to dodge chance, so having 50% dodge chance (for example) would turn it into 55% dodge chance.

I'm not super knowledgeable about the super specific parts of builds and minmaxing, I thought it'd be a good bonus for managing to max out your Agility naturally (since you'd need the boost with only 100 skill points to share into other skills).

11. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Honestly allocating 100 skill point into agility manually is probably not worth it in most cases, but in the event that you, having an added dodge chance like you describe is extremely problematic. I don’t think 85% dodge chance should be possible, regardless of practicality, for the reasons I already mentioned. 5% may not seem like a lot, but with dodge chance you’re essentially dividing by a smaller and smaller number, making your survivability skyrocket. Tanky builds can also be quite indulgent when it comes to spending skill points since the defensive skill points are just inherently better and as such they don’t have to spend anything on offensive skill points.

12. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is probably the most supported Wynn suggestion thread of all time, and it's only 7 months until this thread is 6 years old. This thread has been maintained for so long, and I'm sure Salted thinks about it sometimes. Maybe it will be added someday, but I think some rebalancing may be needed for it (just like the str/dex changes that will probably be in 1.20.3-1.20.4)

I really doubt the ideas suggested specifically in this thread will be added, because back in 2015 when elemental skills points had just been added, the game was a lot different. Things have changed, for instance major IDs. The ''second wind'' perk of having no fall damage would be practically useless now because of the Lightweight MID. Thus, I feel like the CT would make up more suitable abilities.

13. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    I don't expect my exact stats or a perfect replica of everything I've suggested to make it in game; it's more meant to be a concept of how the idea would work for interpretation. As Salted showed way way earlier, the stat boosts would likely be a lot more subdued.

The major ID-like perks are actually a more recent addition, and are meant to take after some of the major ID's in game to give you a permanent benefit; since they're limited to one or a few items only.

ThedumbOX, AlleonVera and Samsam101 like this.
  14. Potatus

Potatus Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bonuses when being in water and when your on fire are kinda redundant and very niche ngl

15. WoofAndGoodbye

WoofAndGoodbye Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Meh, his were cooler. I understand the necessity for balance but they are all the same. Also, what is 12 raw spell damage gonna do?

16. Qzphs

Qzphs Unskilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    players are already over-rewarded for high defensive investment. since additive dodge chance exponentially boosts this reward, it's adding fuel to the fire. the bonus can't be healthy for the game, even in theory, without some kind of change to the skill point curves (which is needed, but a separate discussion).

17. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Bump blump flump

18. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So this gonna get added in 1.20.4 salted? It’s abt time…

ThedumbOX and That_Chudley like this.
  19. Sar

Sar The Fire Archer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The idea of a mechanic like this would be amazing in wynn even tho the current buffs it gives would be broken af.
    Might be good to get together to form new/revamp old buffs

20. Sugo

Sugo Tired Tryhard CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Another great suggestion, lost in the abyss :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.