1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How To Apply For The Official Wynncraft Content Team

Discussion in 'Rules & Information' started by Grian, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Grian

Grian Map designer, Content MD & Wynncraft founder Staff Member Admin GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Hello everyone! Grian here!

I'm one of the owners and I design the map for Wynncraft as well as managing the every growing content team! As some of you may know, we're working on new content constantly, and to try make that happen faster - we're currently accepting new applications to join the content team!

The Wynncraft Content Team is a prestigious group of players who are very talented in building and creative writing and are passionate about Wynncraft, it is not an easy team to get into.

I must elaborate that only the best applications will be accepted for a Trial build/game master session (for which you prove your talents). So please do not be upset if you are denied.

If you wish to apply to the content team here is the link you need to follow:

https://ct.wynncraft.com/apply

If you want to join the team, but want to know more information on how things work, we have a public information document here:

BUILD TEAM INFORMATION:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_zbKnJNqWbFPRBw9kx_T6gcEtTtlqXLgOkGsFfDKs0Y/

GM TEAM INFORMATION:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Riy4CUpLLwHB4iS7qfnDR0sEAwyE8wEjaAk9NUFGRMw

I look forward to reading the applications and I hope to find some hidden talent! Make sure you have a valid forum account as we'll be contacting you through it.

APPLICATION STATUS:
    BUILD: OPEN
    GM: OPEN
    CMD: OPEN
    ITEM: OPEN
    (HOLD= You are still able to submit applications, but responses will be delayed)

Best wishes,

Grian

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2018
  2. Seth Flores

Seth Flores Skilled Adventurer

Nice Idea! :)

pogge5, Pom, Aura and 3 others like this.
  3. Sir Devastation

Sir Devastation 【✺I N E E D H E A L I N G✺】 HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's been reborn!

pogge5, Pom, pseudocraul and 8 others like this.
  4. matt_

matt_ The Shoutbox Revolution has begun.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What if I've already applied for GM, will my app be transferred? I mean, its the same website...

vulplus likes this.
  5. Rice

Rice :) VIP+

Minecraft:
    I never even knew there was a gm doc...

xNonstop likes this.
  6. DarkPineapple58

DarkPineapple58 Magic Fingers

Grian, anyone can edit the build team info.

7. Kogut

Kogut Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    looks like some people are going to have fun with the build teams info lol

Wynncraft Build Team Information

Welcome to the build server, the map development site for Wynncraft.

IP: build.wynncraft.com

Rules
    1. Do not leak any information or images of the unpublished work on the build server, or any chat related news that has been unannounced.

2. Act maturely and do not abuse any of the commands, additionally, respect other builders and their work, do not insult them or give orders or brag that you are better. But by all means, offer advice and help on their projects.

3. Do not use any commands that you aren’t familiar with, they can often do harm if you aren’t sure what you are doing, especially when working with large areas.

4. Do not build random stuff in places without thinking it through, or the permission of the Head Builder. Everything in Wynncraft is built for a purpose and follows a strict style.

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/Rk-t7Eew-6elWoz6CY19TpIU_EeUDbfQdGVe8HXxayX3ap6FuAz86kEs3PWe2X1T62O4q4SqpxZ4DNFER-xktAzyp54F08gFvC3w6bJX0XFi3ztRTH_Fv7jIEYVVe0aIzaj0ZbE[/IMG]

(note: if you aren’t sure about what to build, you can make a few “easy to copy-paste” builds in the “/warp practice” area, like houses, trees and even caves! But don’t expect us to necessarily use them)

Ranks
    There are several ranks used on the server to indicate the players skill and authority on the server, here is what they are and what they mean:

Head Builder: This is the top rank and is only given to Grian, the director of the builders and the designer of the map content. His word is final on all build-related decisions even if it requires the removal of something. All suggestions from the Head Builder should be taken seriously. He works closely with everyone involved and sets tasks to be done when he is absent from the server, while also building large portions of the map.

Project Manager: This is the highest and hardest rank achievable by a builder, they are assigned a project and a design is explained by the Head Builder, they then manage a small number of builders to see that the project is finished to the best it can be.[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/c3APqA7Ce2XiwKxBvniR8PolEHbMJ7QixnsvoUQ4n9wwwYcGEy5iP-9hbyL1aFODmeCRcgeii9YmCfBfXTJKhz_Li8ZtbdTvub4oBRo6rMENbvjBuV8tgOadqo_pbb-pyo86JA8[/IMG][IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/gc3_8ohLRxpUVqkI-f186IrZXTFylxKQeSxd-MQ8rd394h8q2mg5mKQDh9_Z8zUczRpj3rzMok7ZdcVjNjnphs4SykT0IoFS54jGAtbzuWHQtJkNcGOemmT0lmoY4vvfULByTqk[/IMG]

Elite Builder: This rank is given to the builders with the most dedication and skill, to get this rank you must be skilled in the art of world edit, voxel and building and show a variety of styles throughout their work. They are the most active and skilled builders, their suggestions on other builders work should be considered.

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/2YMTXYrbbjoyKDVuXbdAf4qZOvMCOynddBgC2BO5LPy1HL9OP_3Haj4wTbfhdJOatvBMqfkKQHo2z4KtgjYS94WVNmrAkkiuOHgnWBBtAzD-QhXIP4O9nTBDnDXTyCCjfTbjFGc[/IMG][IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/PZM0puKVkcowECdP3QdNshw82E8LolUUUsDDlNPyRWOHIxUlCsFnCrWSBVonuqDZ4oaTQ-rdVW2iJVTPf97nmQn-Q48rnBGLl45HdiCz4O5ojjIU-Sz4Dx7rT5BQzT3R6Xyb7CQ[/IMG]

Builder: This rank is the common builder rank, they are active builders that carry out the tasks set by the Head Builder and Project Managers. They are generally capable in voxel or worldedit, and have a good building skill level and are generally active. They should be open to suggestions from elite builders.

New Builder: This rank is given to a newly passed builder from the Trial phase. They tend to be fairly active but perhaps a little new to some aspects of the design and style process. They vary in skill level, but carry out the same tasks as a builder. They should be open to suggestions from builders and elite builders.

Trial: This rank is for the newbies of the server, they have passed the application process and are now to be tested to see if they can deliver what was promised in the application. They carry out a specific task from the Head Builder and assessment can be very swift or take more time. They should take all suggestions and comments seriously.

Guest: This rank is for non-builders, guests of the servers which include friends of the Head Builder, mods and other admins. Feel free to bully them.
    [IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uM8G0Ksh_M5arYM1Hp97m5EEwHyGkUlbU_FE8IHNR0Iat1R_uSfZWGrni0IoOty2HeSBm8TW_kMDamG9TSVlo3c1GcxuJ__nSN5U_r7fLjJME3sI5pdOl6Hb234Ocl-Tna4oidk[/IMG][IMG]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/RyMK75SZUHaNVzWUqYb14ph1G40puwBxw1EYVhTCV1P9XrPIy26vz-BPgjOMZck8ARHLqmjucWJuuvPNJ3e6nhC_ctgNCqi8TYYHynQrhpeAccKXgMjb1epc9c7PmCfmm77mPRA[/IMG][IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/zQJDTMfd2kti8VK-h6Q-Q0X9IDA7MXfhcLiyvJpMGU61XZFZLJwjOYPQIebqa4WTiqz2tChcoGlonqJz0G2_xbhiWKA6DmN6JYuLuUExFqsRYwKeJuhVUUuPbAXxWCxsMu1vs_Y[/IMG]

Commands
    All builders, including those on trial have access to all worldedit and voxel commands, but must be used in accordance to rule no. 3. If you are unfamiliar with commands, but want to practice them, you can do so safely in an area of the map that is far from the wynncraft map. To get there do /warp practice.

The build system works on a task-claim basis. The head builder will set a bunch of tasks that need to be done, and if there is someone specific for the job, he will specify, for example “Build an adventure cave here in the typical style [Preferably Kaasjen & Svennert]” If they do not claim the task themselves over a period of a couple of days, anyone can claim it. Once completed, it is the builders responsibility to mark it as completed.

If a task is claimed, but not completed, it is the builders responsibility to unclaim it if the task proves too difficult or they cannot complete it due to time constraints. Of course anyone can work on any task with any amount of players, since some prefer to build as a group.[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/S3FOl33XIxSjv8X8JMCiG3DdnNaL2ormOp1BHBU-vi49gNqaBtyL8fWlWFMIcCPgW0z03Ozh6yvjORAnqmMEOg7FT5gSy63jcpw6YhD_t3ewzvVXWVWu_vEznL9qJWP_zhPXjqQ[/IMG]

Here are common commands for builders:

/check & /check [id] - Let you check at the active build requests

/site [id] - Let you tp to a build site

/claim & /unclaim [id] - Let you claim a build request

/done [id] - Let you finish a build site
    /tp [player] or [coord] - Teleport to a player or a specific coordinate (X,Y,Z)
    /setwarp [warpname] - Set a warp to mark a location with a specific name
    /warp [warpname] - Teleport to a warp

We expect a high level of maturity, and if you break the rules or abuse power, or just be a jerk to people, regardless of your skill level you will be removed from the team. Builders receive free content for Wynncraft and their own rank in game & on the forum.

If you are a potential trial builder, we wish you the best of luck with your task, and look forward to you joining the team!

Best of luck and wishes,
    The Wynncraft Team.

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/5Kz0yBa-xGZEeKX1T7CQ4w8hVpQW_T3hPzqkqzEiHd9Vf72ASNFoxmDt10I0i9pJ4O9iCg7iXlHKhiCnpV76K2HkXZh1-06afOllYVNel04c4HdJaSYKuCQM5eCv1bCX4HbIbBA[/IMG]
    got a backup just incase

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  8. Pinto

Pinto Wynncraft's friendliest Boulder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Awesome to see that applications are being accepted again. :)

Kaelan~ likes this.
  9. Jamer_theGamer

Jamer_theGamer CraftedCitizen VIP+

Minecraft:
    Huh.

Neat.

So I'm assuming all the glitches are fixed? Hopefully?

Kaelan~ likes this.
  10. jailmaker

jailmaker if you're here, say hi

Hi Grian,
    Sorry to bother you, but if I sent a GM application on the old forum, will it be transferred, or will I be expected to create a new application? Or does this mean that mine wasn't accepted? (I won't be angry, just curious to know whether or not a new application is advised.)
    Also, on the first line you say "as well as managing the every growing content team!". I think you may mean "as well as managing the ever-growing content team!".
    Once again, on the GM doc, on rule 12, it reads "It make the world seem alive", and I believe you might mean "It makes the world seem alive"
    Sorry if this is annoying, it's is just that i'm a bit of a grammar bore.
    Thanks,
    Jail

11. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    This is still the same forums, and you made the application on katoa.ca anyway. Katoa is a different website, and was not affected by *ahem* coffee *ahem*.

12. McFuzzyChipmunk

McFuzzyChipmunk Knights of Gavel Guild Master

Guild:
    @Grian why did you put this back up now when you have said that no one will be taken on until after Gavel

13. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    Only GM applications won't be accepted until after Gavel, but you can still get accepted/denied as a builder!

vulplus likes this.
  14. McFuzzyChipmunk

Guild:
    oh ok

15. McFuzzyChipmunk

Guild:
    I really hope my GM app is passed it looks like so much fun to make everything mentioned on the google docs sheet and my background in coding will help with the .yml stuff.

16. Shtafjord

Shtafjord I have no idea what i am doing HERO

Minecraft:
    a new and fresh start, good luck to everyone applying!

Stag2001 and Kahlzara like this.
  17. matt_

matt_ The Shoutbox Revolution has begun.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    but probably not me >_>

because i applied for gm

and i don't think you're fond of me .-.

18. Shtafjord

Shtafjord I have no idea what i am doing HERO

Minecraft:
    i may not be very fond of you, but you still deserve a "good luck"

Kahlzara and matt_ like this.
  19. Svvery | Ehm Red

Svvery | Ehm Red Pixel Prince VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just curious, but how long does it usually take for a GM application to be accepted/denied?

20. Terezi Pyrope

Terezi Pyrope gallowsCalibrator I Former CT I dead

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    2 or so days
    But GM applications are not being accepted (I heard) until release of Gavel