1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Defense & Agility Rebalance(nets More Tankyness, Now Includes Elemental Defense),

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Cosomos, Feb 23, 2017.

?

Do you believe that this would "fix" Defense and make Defense as good as Agility?

1. yes

96.4%
  2. no

3.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosomos

Cosomos Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I added the Simplified Summary to the Main Post

2. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Bump

Cosomos likes this.
  3. Dohdo

Dohdo I'm back. Cancer in it's purest form.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    holy shit

Cosomos and Pokextreme like this.
  4. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    That about sums it up

Cosomos likes this.
  5. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    AddThisPlz

Cosomos likes this.
  6. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    I was thinking about this and was wondering if agility and defense should effect debuffs, knock back, and pulls?

I waited so long because it would drastically effect PvP, and I was not sure if it would be appropriate to suggest on this thread.

It would be effected by the Damage Reduction Multiplier and Agility. So at 75% Agility and 80% Defense, you would have a 25% chance to get hit and then take 50% of the damage and the debuffs duration/Knockback/Pull if you get hit.

7. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    I still want feedback on my last comment. Should Defense and Agility effect Kb and Effects?

Pokextreme likes this.
  8. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    Dodging should make you immune to damage knock back, but you can't really dodge push/pull spells. Defence is the opposite

9. motoki1

motoki1 The Damage Calculation Scientist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yea, from the point of realistic, you should take less knockback as much as you reduce the damage with Defense skill.

Pokextreme likes this.
  10. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    please understand, i didn't really read your post and i don't know if you pointed this out or not. it was simply to much to read, and considering i have a reading disorder, it was, confusing.
    anyways as of rn def does not work in the way it was meant to be. The actual def skill was meant to block all incoming damages, elem and neutral anyways. however your elem def was meant to subtract from the total dmg you are taking, and not, as it does now, subtract from the base damage of a weapon. this would make elem tanks and def considerably more balanced and fair.

as for agi, i only got you wanted to debuff it? i didn't read how, but ok? have fun with that.

Cosomos likes this.
  11. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    No Agility is not getting nerfed it self, it is just not going work so well with a "fixed" Defense to snowball into and immortal if you where too make Defense as good as Agility. You would take 1/9th of the total damage with 80% def & 80% agi with my system, and without my system, if Defense was only "fixed" to be as good as Agility, you would take 1/25th of the total damage with the same stats. However because Defense is in such a bad state you really would not feel a nerf to having high agi&def, and maybe even feel like it is a slight buff to high agi&def.

I guess in the end you could look at it as a "fix/buff" Defense thread with all the math included

12. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This isn't what I meant but ok.
    I was speaking of the way def was meant to be added.
    As for agi do as you wish, I simply stating, def was meant to work differently then it does now.

Cosomos likes this.
  13. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    I have been thinking more about Element Defense and why it is too strong and also why factoring in Attack Speed to it would hurt Slower Attack Speeds. The reason Slower Attack Speeds mater is that piecing Elemental Defense is one of the few things going for it.
    I am still kicking around ideas, but you can expect some magic formula to make it all better soon enough.

14. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i have already proposed one to a few gms.

Cosomos likes this.
  15. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    Yeah I guessed so, I know you are well versed in it. I have settled on that it if it uses the Attack Speed Multiplier it should use the original Attack Speed of the weapon(No Super Alkatraz).

16. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what in the world are you talking about, attack speed was fixed a very long time ago.
    also something else, slower weps have scaled base damage to do about the same amount compare alka and thunder. elem def is only broken because it goes by base damage, so slower weps have a huge advantage

Cosomos likes this.
  17. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    I am saying that If you use a Super Fast Alkatraz Build then factoring in the modified Attack Speed would be OP. So I said that it should use the weapon's original Attack Speed.
    I do not know if that is a bug or overly strong feature. So I want to preserve that to a degree.

18. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    its a bug, and it already does.

19. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    I have decided on a simple change to Elemental Defense that I believe could entirely fix it's balance problem.
    I am the OP, so I have the power revive my thread and not necro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.