1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds [coming Soon Partly, 95% Approval] Improved Guilds [ Includes... Trailer...? & Detail ]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Novalescent, Aug 1, 2020.

?

Do you support this idea?

1. Yes!

335 vote(s)
    95.2%
  2. Nope.

17 vote(s)
    4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PenLord

PenLord In the court of the Crimson King CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay, this is actually amazing! I joined PUN recently (but didn't get to help with this, even though I would really have liked to) and really looking at it the only thing worth staying for was the community, which is to say that the gameplay aspect of the guild was entirely boring. In fact, the only gameplay part I greatly enjoy was the event making, a part of the guild that was totally separate from Wynn. Some of the suggestions here I was unsure of at first, wondering what they would really add (the main one being guild halls which after reading what the function of them would be is now one of the things I want added most), but all but one of the ideas (that idea being about consumables that I heard the person making this post would change as they forgot a part of it) are extremely good ones and would probably not fully fix guilds, but would make them more then just community and instead actually make them fun ingame! Overall, these ideas are amazing and this person should be given a medal! Good fricking job with all of this!!

2. Vendenar

Vendenar The Alchemist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    First off, a big thanks to you Nova for contributing so much to this community through suggestions like these - I don't think anyone in the Wynn community has ever been able to capture the players wishes and needs as well as you do.
    It was a ton of fun (as always) testing and discussing your work and ideas!

Now, I think this suggestion, paired with the other countless threads and the recent "riots" from the guild community, will definitely influence the CTs decisions and hopefully bless us with an (earlier than anticipated) full-on Guild Update.
    Your suggestion has countless amazing ideas, but I see a problem when it comes to "Guild Emeralds".
    Obviously, if you make guild emerald prices/rewards for guilds, you can't just change them around whenever you like.
    This means, even if the prices are realistic according to the current state of economy, one small update (*cough cough* Loot quality *cough cough*) can flip everything upside down and since the values of guild emeralds aren't flexible, they can't adjust to the economic changes and potentially cause major problems.
    I'm not sure how to fix this problem other than with a guild exclusive currency, but that would bring countless other problems with it.
    Outside of that, all I can say is that I love this suggestion more than any other of yours before and I'm looking forward to what else you have in store for us!

TheOolong, Dr Zed, burble and 6 others like this.
  3. Makajoto

Makajoto Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Can we like.. add this

Mc_elfs likes this.
  4. Lucky32

Lucky32 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    That's soo amazing! Really nice work

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  5. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Finally read through it all!

Firstly, I am amazed at how perfectly all of your suggestions fit together when viewing them through this thread. They are all of such high quality and would all fit excellently into the game.

Secondly, with regards to guilds, I believe that your suggestions would really fix the majority of the issues. The only other issue I could see is that smaller guilds will not have as much motivation to exist and people may instead only want to join bigger, pre-existing guilds. This is a very small issue though when comparing it with how many issues this would fix!

Finally (unless I add something later), all of these suggestions are plausible, professional-looking, add so much to the game, fun and generally appear to be well thought out and crafted. As someone who has been playing Wynncraft for VERY long time and been a (small and quiet) part of the forums for a long time too, it always makes me happy seeing your suggestions. To me, it is as exciting to read your suggestions as it is to read the changelogs for a new update as I could easily imagine everything you doing being a part of the game.
    So, from me - thank you for all the hard work you've done :) (You can rest now!)

-That_Chudley

Mc_elfs and Ariconnie48 like this.
  6. TavinM

TavinM Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    This looks amazing and I hope the CT sees this!!

7. sandra

sandra sandra HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wynn guilds are what keeps so many veteran players around, and without wynn guilds i wouldn't have met some of my closest friends. im hoping this update or something similar is approved so that other wynn players are even more encouraged to join a wynn community because it's honestly so rewarding. ur work is insane btw

Hei and AmbassadorArt like this.
  8. Ingo

Ingo Class Building Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    :+1: nice suggestion

9. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    HOW ARE WE ALREADY AT 100 SUPPORTERS!??!!!??!?

Also thank you everyone!!

Dr Zed, burble, thepicferret and 2 others like this.
  10. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Extremely epic, love all of this, nice work!
    Because these are all god tier suggestions that will make guilds so much better and more fun lol, not to mention the guild community is pretty big because guilds are the end game content with the most longevity in my opinion

11. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    So, when are you joining the CT?

Dr Zed, Jbip, Xeabia and 3 others like this.
  12. EnderJay456

EnderJay456 Aphelion Immigrant CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nova for CT when *insert bongo cat smashing table*

Pally and Hei like this.
  13. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was actually complaining about how Wynncraft is too easy to a friend mainly because of how EO was made easier and they said that it was because most of the playerbase might not like it or be able to handle it, I think since guilds are and always have been optional and not a part of the wynncraft story like dungeons altars and quests are, it would be the perfect way to implement more challenging content for people who dont really find a thrill in playing anymore

14. Headid

Headid The guy who is crazy for fun

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice work, but I don't think they would be working and good features.. :P

15. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    I think they would be depending on how they implement them and the testing that goes with them. I am 100% sure they are all possible and could be good working features.

Dr Zed likes this.
  16. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Love how this got to triple digit upvotes before it even reached double digit downvotes. Not sure what the problem is with this suggestion as it just makes guilds better and more fun in pretty much every way, but to each their own I guess

17. AmbassadorArt

AmbassadorArt Protesting bad changes since 2019 VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Only t hing I dont like about this suggestion really is the banning of crafted consumable items: that's not fair to the ppl who have made war consumables and I think that the current "ez game" trend of spamming consuables could be fixed very simply: One food item, one potion, one scroll can affect you at one time, no more. Completely eliminating an option for players and rendering thousands of player-made war consumables useless would bring really bad reception. This subject requires a middleground, and limiting to one of each comsumable type active at one time should be plenty enough of a compromise.

Other than that, fantastic job by Novalescent and the contributors involved. I had the pleasure of testing some of the new guild wars and they are very exciting. One of the most expansive and cohesive community contributions I've seen, and I really hope this catches notice of the staff and they take at least some of the ideas here into consideration.

Pikacal, burble, OliviaLime and 4 others like this.
  18. sulphursmite

sulphursmite Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    #GuildUpdateIsOn party

we need salted to see this

19. Theeef

Theeef Self Proclaimed Idiot CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Cool suggestion and everything no comments yet (tbh I’m not even done reading it), but...

have you ever considered using less particles..?

20. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Wait, that's an option?

Vendenar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.