1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Xp Acquiring Improvements / World Events

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Abyeon, Jul 21, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which of these would you like to see added to the game most?

1. Boss escaping dungeon and possibly rampaging around nearby towns/cities

83.3%
  2. Corruption spreading through the world, requiring players to embark on a quest or something to help

16.7%
  3. Generic daily quests

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abyeon

Abyeon o no

Minecraft:
    Hi! Recently a friend (Atiro) and I have been getting back into Wynncraft, but of course we've come along a few challenges, as well as formulated some ideas for the game. We do realize that exp is not too hard to come by in the lower levels, but once you've reached 50+ it start's getting fairly grindy. Our solution to that doesn't seem too complicated to put into place, and would also bring together a much more involved community!

Now, what is it that we were thinking of? Well, for a lack of better words, "periodic quests". This could mean a variety of things of course, but here are some ideas:
    • Extremely generic quests such as:
      • Defending a merchant on their supply run (Daily quest which can be found at every (or some) major city(s).
      • Kill quests that are also daily (Could be a sort of bounty board found in some cities)
    • Server-wide events such as:
      • A boss escaping their dungeon with a notification telling everybody on the world, or people nearby at least (Could be rampaging through a nearby city)
      • Corruption spreading which requires players to destroy
    By now you should get the idea. Some small short event, or quest that is in large abundance, and offers a sum of exp in return for completing it. As it stands, Wynncraft is very static, and once you've completed all the quests, there's not much more to do. There is plenty of expansion to be done with this idea.

If you have any other ideas for this, please tell me! I'd love to hear them, and I'm sure the devs would too!

Nyam, Nukewarmachine, Muchwag and 7 others like this.
  2. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Cough cough 90-100

Doot (Trumpet) and Dr Zed like this.
  3. IreczeQ

IreczeQ Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    There were random kill quests before, they removed it as well as swarms.

NITEHAWKX and Dr Zed like this.
  4. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    No no no no no.... NO!!

A huge criticism of many quests is that they are too generic and uninteresting, making them forgettable. Why on Earth would we want more shitty quests?

I don’t know what you’re talking about when you say it’s hard to level up past 50. There are 64 quests between level 50 and 90 alone, not even mentioning the dungeons. I rarely, if ever, had to grind throughout the game until level 90, which even then you could just do CSST.

5. IreczeQ

IreczeQ Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Thats what I agree on. CTare trying to, do their very best to nit dodo "extremely generic quests". The amount of fetch quests is close to none, because they reworked them. The idea of adding those is because you see grinding as a problem. It really is not. As @Dr Zed said, you have many quests above 50. You rank up pretty easy. In addition you have csst and many places when you can grind in xp armor to rank up quickly. There is no need for more lazy quests

6. Shots

Shots A Masochist of the Jungle HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When I read this I just pictured Antikythera running around Corkus

7. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    50/50 on this.

Just when it releases, everyones going to be hyped, "oh my gosh exciting".

But these type of things are the things that get boring once you start to know EXACTLY what's going to happen with no feeling of surprise.

8. Theeef

Theeef Self Proclaimed Idiot CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The boss dungeon escape and corruption spreading ideas sound amazing. Having these, in addition to swarms would be both immersive and extremely fun. The bosses should be extremely hard and require large groups of people to properly defeat.

9. Muchwag

Muchwag Don’t call me Poliwhirl! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Make a poll pls

10. Shots

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pictures of Hashr running around Almuj intensifies

Oh god now I just pictured Corrupted Charon running around Cinfras
    Actually that wouldn't be as annoying cause he runs away when you hit him so unless you're trying to kill him he just kinda would be there

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Doot (Trumpet) and blankman like this.
  11. Abyeon

Abyeon o no

Minecraft:
    You're right about this lol, sorry, I had only recently started back up on wynncraft, so ideas are still mixed from years past. However, I still stand by my "world event" boss escaping dungeon idea :)
    Thanks for the input!

Dr Zed likes this.
  12. Shots

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I guess I need to address the problem with this. While not all the bosses are like this, a few of the dungeon bosses are meant to be unkillable by terms of you attacking them. 3 of these include Redbeard, Corrupted Garoth, and Corrupted Charon. These 3 bosses are meant to be killed a certain way without you dealing the majority of the damage to it (Redbeard by his cannons, Corrupted Garoth via lava, and Corrupted Charon via a reincarnated General Graken). Now let's take into account the fact that these bosses will now "escape". As I said before, I started imagining Corrupted Garoth just sitting inside Cinfras because he's "rampaging the city". It'd be extremely difficult to kill him since you are normally just supposed to make him drop in lava. The other ones such as Arakadicus wouldn't be as annoying on the other hand, since they're meant to be normally killed. However, it would be somewhat understandable for these things to "escape", such as Charon wanting to attack Nemract, Skylaar/Slykaar (or whatever the hell his name is) wanting to attack Troms, etc. For some people though, the bosses would just be extremely annoying and just kind of exist. Let's say you're riding to Nessak to buy scrolls for Tower of Amnesia at level 25. All of a sudden you get to a place which is supposed to be somewhat safe (a.k.a a city this one being Nessak) and then you just see Theorick teleporting everywhere shooting at you. I just see it as more of just an obnoxious thing after a while rather than something entertaining, and while it may be somewhat captivating at first, I feel people would quickly lose interest.

tl;dr some dungeon bosses aren't meant to be killed normally and it would just be pretty annoying after a while if you were sitting in a town and all of a sudden a boss runs full speed at you

But that's just my viewpoint on it

13. Doot (Trumpet)

Doot (Trumpet) Well-Known Adventurer

bumping this and +1

this would be like, ridiculous, but what if every time a world restarts there's a chance of another clone (there are multiple clones) of the world spawning, except it would have some kind of structure with the boss with it (or kinda block based boss like quartron) and you COULD go kill it, or the world would reset, and you would have to wait for another event as such

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.