1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Wynncraft Is Dead But I Think It Can Be Revived

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Splintered, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Will these additions help and be worth the staffs time?

1. Yes!

10 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. Eh, only the guild update would help.

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Only space age world! Woo!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No r u dumb?

112 vote(s)
    89.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuffAirSpear

BuffAirSpear Avos Air Assassin HERO

Minecraft:
    The IM team is always looking for very talented people that know the game very well and are good at balancing ;3 You should really consider applying if you think item balance and overall game balance isnt hard.

Ok but now in all seriousness.. from a balancing point of view i am quite confident that we could balance a new class and make the items during the time period between updates if that was our primary focus. However we keep finding more and more other things that we need to do right away as well because they fuck up the current gameplay that we wouldnt be able to focus on making items for a new class for an entire update and thus making a sufficient amt of items and getting the balance of the class right would be a lot harder than it seems (plus making a new class isnt even up to us. Salted is the one who would decide that).
    I think you would also care if it significantly held back other cool stuff that we could do in the meantime as well. We cant just work more so for every new thing we add to our list of stuff that we want to do we ofc need to push something else away.
    I have had a few cool things that i always wanted to see in wynn (even way before i joined CT) yet we havent even properly talked about those because there is just so many other things we need to do.
    I really dont think that adding a new class would spice up the gameplay. Combat currently is just plain boring extremely simple and very repetitive and adding a new class isnt the way to fix that. Adding a new class in itself is a fine and sound idea however it wouldnt fix the problem with the gameplay/combat. It would just be covering up the fact that there is a problem for a while. Id much rather fix the combat system problems than adding a new class because i think that fixing the core problems would make the game a lot more interesting long term.

Dr Zed and Tisaun like this.
  2. CubeChickN

CubeChickN Travelled Adventurer

I Think That Wynncraft Needs a reset But That does not mean making a new world. I think just making everyone level 1 would bring players back sence the game has nothing new to offer to the higher levels. The guild update Seems cool but would take a long time to implement. I would like to have 1 "Realm" for the old wynn and 1 "Realm" for the new wynn.

Theeef likes this.
  3. Burpcity

Burpcity Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Absolutely not, resetting everyone back to level 1 would piss off pretty much everyone.

BuffAirSpear, Tisaun, SUPER M and 2 others like this.
  4. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    That’s been brought up before and shot down before because A) We can already reset our progress B) It would be unfair to a significant number of people who would feel all there hard work would be for nothing C) It would do nothing except reset the economy until inflation inevitably runs rampant D) It would be a huge waste of resources because E) Most of old Wynncraft was buggy, laggy, and grindy. The whole point of updates is to enhance the experience. Besides F) There’s no way to do this anyway since they haven’t backed up the code or the old maps.

5. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All that would do is piss off all of the high level players. Also the old Wynn server would be cool for a bit. But after a while you'd drop your nostalgia and just think "Oh yeah this game used to be a laggy, boring grindfest."

Tisaun, Dr Zed and SUPER M like this.
  6. CubeChickN

CubeChickN Travelled Adventurer

I did not mean to take it back to years ago but to reset it and have 2 diffrent "realms" I said the old one because it will be the old one.

I'm replying to your reasons with what I meant.

A: That's what I meant but in a new world So one for the new and one for the people who wants to keep their progress but will have less people.

B: That's why I would want to keep the world that is active right now and have 2

C: Yes I guess so.

D: I did not mean to get the map from 3 years ago but to have 2.

E: D

F: D

7. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But do we really want to split up the community like that? Making resetting your stats an option is unneeded because you can already do that.
    Again, splitting the community like that isn't a good idea, I'll give an example now: Let's say I need help fighting Amadel, so I post a thread in Planning parlour. One guy responds but he plays on the reset server so he can't help me.
    So do you mean the Wynn after Gavel? Because most of the stuff in game now is the same as back then, but it was just a subjectively worst version, you had less content and most quest were just worst. Most of the nostalgia players have is about pre-Gavel. Back then most systems were more simple then the ones we have now so some people might prefer those systems. Though I'm not one of them.
    I doubt they have backups for servers from 2 years ago.

chopthetree and Dr Zed like this.
  8. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    He means to have 2 servers, reset server and not reset server. Still, I agree with the point that it will split the community and we don’t want that. Resetting stats is already an option anyways.

Dr Zed likes this.
  9. ghost of wynn

ghost of wynn Ghost of wynn

Minecraft:
    Housing suggestion :)

10. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Then it would just be a huge waste of resources since players can already reset their progress by themselves. The only advantage is that the market would be reset, but only temporarily. Having a small period with not as bad inflation is nowhere near worth maintaining other servers.

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  11. Elephat

Elephat hi HERO

Minecraft:
    uh thats a very strange & bold suggestion. Big thing thats wrong with this is how it could fit as a suggestion onto so many different games if you just take out the name "Wynn". What I mean by that is when you make a suggestion for wynn, it should be about adding onto wynn. You're asking to make a whole new game and it really doesn't belong here :P

12. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So guys Wynn is 100% dead like I'm not lying or being sarcastic at all and I know how to make it popular again so what we need to do is
    Wynncraft Battle Royale

so in order to do this we need to add a separate server where there's shotguns and rocket launchers for every class but they all have their abilities! Everyone also gets a special attack which triggers a cutscene and damages everyone on the map unless they use their BLOCK ability! You can also find the Rat's Crown and turn into the GIANT RAT and you can also find Qira's magical wand and turn into Doctor Legendary (Logic) so pick up your rank called "Wynncraft Royaler" for $200 today and get exclusive access to the realm of
    THE BATTLE ROYALE
    thanks for reading my amazing suggestion I'd like some feedback please

IreczeQ, chopthetree, Tisaun and 4 others like this.
  13. A Human

Minecraft:
    0/10 makes too much sense

Shots and Dr Zed like this.
  14. Splintered

Splintered dERN for ERN VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A lot of people have been saying these updates would be to big, just keep adding on to Wynn how it is, that Wynncraft is fine and definitely won't go down in player count *cough* even though it has already *cough*, and... housing? I'm just going to address this real quick. First of all real quick if you think the guild suggestion is housing I advise you to read the suggestion again and this time pay attention. The guilds would basically just have another world where they can build up armies and throw them at each other and try to achieve world domination. The other guild stuff would still be in Wynncraft to. As for just adding more content to Wynn how long till that gets boring? I know Wynncraft has gotten boring a lot of times for me and it feels as if the game is just dragged out so they can stuff content in. Player count? Whatever you want to think? Youtube content doesn't help the server? Sure. It's not like most people would find the server through Youtube or anything *cough*. Yeah server lists only really help the biggest servers that get on the front page if you think about it. And it's not like we have commercials for wynn... do we? And the space update. Some people seem to think that Wynncraft already has space themed stuff? For one this would already be a whole different world. Also people say all these updates would take to long. True they would take a while but why would all the content developers devote their attention to just these updates? There would still be updates, if smaller than players want.

15. A Human

Minecraft:
    That is because the game is unfinished, lacking a main storyline and a ton of other things. You’re suggesting they just leave it as it is and do something else instead. They’re ‘stuffing content in’ to finish the incomplete game. Also, people paid money for ranks and item bombs and stuff, should that all just become worthless with the new world?

Dr Zed likes this.
  16. Arata

Arata Salted's Husband | Runs an Ice Cream Van VIP+

Minecraft:
    Wynncraft isn't dead.

It's minecraft as a whole that's dying

Minecraft has evolved into a state of decay where it just doesn't have a very big playerbase anymore. All servers are suffering because of this. It's not just wynncraft.

It's other big servers like hypi*xel, minepl*x, mcc*ntral. All servers with what used to be a huge playerbase. But that's simply not the case anymore. Minecraft still has a community, sure, most of which is toxic, but yeah, it has a community. It doesn't matter what wynncraft adds in, or takes out, even if this server was perfect, it still would have around a 500 {average} playerbase. And this will be sure to go down even to the point where it doesn't average around that many 500 players. You have to understand, this game is an MMORPG, which means time has to devoted. Kids won't want to play this game for long. They'll join, they'll leave. But that's what everyone thinks. No, the true answer is kids just don't want to play minecraft anymore. It's more about Roblox and Fortnite now. Club penguin shutting down is what gave this server a good 200 player boost. Oh, and all these are free, so the kids love that. Wynncraft will never be revived, and will continue to die, but not to the point of full on extinction {or at least not when im around, or your around}. It's the devoted community that keeps this server alive.

so, what im trying to say is no matter what wynncraft does, it will never be bigger then it already is. it has reached its cap, and that cap is slowly going down every year

668/668 2018
    662/662 2019
    543/543 2020
    321/321 2021
    120/120 2022
    50/50 2023
    {end}

Dr Zed likes this.
  17. ____________birb

____________birb borpus Staff Member Moderator VIP+

Minecraft:
    you forgot housing

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  18. Burpcity

Burpcity Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Like you just said, this would be a whole new world, on the Wynncraft server. It just doesn't make sense to add a space themed world onto a server that is known for having a medieval theme. And plus, it wouldn't work out in the grand scheme of things, what would everyone fight with? It definitely wouldn't be spears, knives and bows, technology would need to go a long ways away before space would happen. In the end, a space themed world doesn't work out, there's just too many holes in the idea that would take way too long to do.

19. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Minecraft is still the 2nd most played game at this time, only behind fortnight...
    so?
    I think something is terribly wrong with your logic, just because large servers died off in popularity hasn't gone down.
    Actual at most you can say popularity has gone down from its peak in 2013, however, the game itself is still very alive.
    Keep in mind that RIGHT NOW it is still the 2nd most played game and 2nd in google screech list for video games.

Oh ps, its hit 1500 players this year already.
    Also the player base hasn't been going down, its been about the same sense maybe 6 months after gavel.
    And yeah, 700ish people at a time seems low, but that's all day around "minus most of the night for America, in which case its about 400" But keep in mind those aren't all the same people staying on all day, in reality, that's probably around 10,000 unique ips pre day. "that number is a guesstamint"

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Dr Zed, chopthetree and SUPER M like this.
  20. Arata

Arata Salted's Husband | Runs an Ice Cream Van VIP+

Minecraft:
    what ??? 2nd most played game? from when i search, most of the sources agree minecraft is around the 6-10th most played game.(newzoo, ranker, satisa)
    I think you might be getting mixed up or something, minecraft WAS the second most played game. Minecraft has continued to kill itself more and more after the 1.9 update, and even to some degree with the 1.8 update.
    You wouldn't know, because I'm assuming you're trapped in the ball that is just this specific server, and that I can understand, but I've been around. I've hopped from server to server seeing as they rise and fall. I've seen what used to be huge servers plummet because they weren't getting donations anymore. They tried, they really did. They updated, added, took out things that they thought people didn't like. None of it worked.

Also, I'm "guesstimating" just as you are. And until there's actual fact, I'm going to stick my opinion, just as you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.