1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Wynncraft Is Dead But I Think It Can Be Revived

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Splintered, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Will these additions help and be worth the staffs time?

1. Yes!

10 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. Eh, only the guild update would help.

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Only space age world! Woo!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No r u dumb?

112 vote(s)
    89.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reminiscently

Reminiscently The Clownfish Prince

Minecraft:
    Necromancer sounds like a life steal style of the Dark Mage, Just hyped on caffeine and has unlimited mana, no offense, and Light Wizard? What's that? The opposite of the Dark Mage?. Maybe they could add, I dunno... a VIP+ section where they have ANOTHER set of 4 classes... I doubt it... Bob's just Bob.

2. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    but i can

excuse me?
    no, we're telling you why you're wrong
    don't take my post as a provider towards your claim

first the server doesn't have a whole lot of coders.
    even then the current coders still takes many months to create items and quests

they were able to do it for the other 4 classes because they were added along with the game itself, which also the lore was written.
    As well, they took small steps toward creating what is classes now
    Back then, the highest level was way lower than 100, and not as much content was within those levels
    as well, it's much simpler to add something along with the lore than shoving it in 5 years later.
    also, it isn't as simple as creativity to make the class comply.
    Think of a large project where you need to make something or the nintendo labo
    Its really hard to add something in the middle of it when it's already completed without taking the whole thing apart.
    Sometimes, it's impossible without breaking it.

For this example, the project was the current game and it's lore, and the thing you're trying to add in is the new class
    creativity is already present, it's just the execution needs
    they would need to change many things in the lore, and as stated above is much more difficult

ALSO THE BOB TIME THING
    it would have to be completely changed to involve a new class

It took 5 years to create everything the class needed to be fun and make sense, and even then they're still adding things
    It's really hard to make a new class with it's progress identical towards the other classes, because they already had lore and items and everything.
    It takes a while to make a single item

They have to come up with the name that makes sense,
    then they have to create stats to make sure it isn't broken and has a comparable skill to other items of it's level
    then they have to discuss it with the other people of the item team to see if it will work well in game
    then they have to code the item into the game

although only being 4 steps, these steps take a while to do
    and that's for one item
    there has to be 600+ items for it to be comparable with other classes
    But they accomplished it for other classes BECAUSE they started off small, and worked their way to a goal
    they worked on all the classes together, because if they have one class lack in content compared to the other classes, it's not gonna be as well rated and used as mage or archer

aswell, most items have used the textures needed to make them look unique
    a new class would require a minimum of 20 items to be retextured
    not counting crate rewards + extra textures
    as well as the fact that the server still supports 1.8 (which means using retextured tools won't work for a classes base weapon)

it would infact take years
    please do research about previous events of the server and the coding team before making these claims
    you never mentioned the work put into making something as big as a new class
    why would you say a week
    the last update, dungeons and discoveries took 6 months since the previous update
    and it added a small amount of items, a few new quests and some extra small stuff
    nothing as big as a whole class
    this took 6 months (which is just since the last update, they may have been working on it for a long time before)
    and its not to a comparable magnitude
    not even to mention that gavel took a good amount of years since it's reveal to make it ingame
    and people knew about it for a long time
    along with dern, which has been atleast 4 years of it's reveal

please
    a week is imaginable for a goal as large as this

so i hope you can see now why a new class isn't that simple as a single week

3. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    even i don't want this one

Stag2001, hmtn, trex1611 and 7 others like this.
  4. Burpcity

Burpcity Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    @Locky u robbed my post REEE

5. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sorrriieeeeeeee

6. Wynn: The Anime

Wynn: The Anime Does not like anime VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    From the fact that OP has not responded to critism yet says a lot about this suggestion on top of what has already been said

trex1611 and ThomAnn100 like this.
  7. TeXCrafter

TeXCrafter Kingdom of Foxes (Page) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was playing back in 2014 and trust me, this is one of the servers that has stood the test of time.

8. Def

Def uwu CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you think Wynn is dead, shout that your server is hosting a CSST and people will be tping in like it's the ministry of magic

9. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:

Ok so I’m just going to throw my opinion into this debate.such a good idea

First, I’m not going to pretend I understand the coding, I don’t. So you’re probably right about that aspect.

Second, editing lore that they already wrote and is already ingame is MUCH harder than it looks. Have you ever tried to write a story? I’ve made some lore for an TRPG (D&D) once, and if I had to add in one new class (playing with limited classes), I would have to rewrite the entire lore for it to fit in. And for Wynn, editing the lore would require them to rewrite EVERY quest that mentions Bob or classes or such. That would take them a lot of time that could be spent doing other things.

And finally, you’re ignoring the biggest problem- adding hundreds of new items for that class, balancing its spells, balancing its stats,balancing the items, etc. I heard it takes a really long time for the Item Team to make a single item, and even then people come up with ways to make it OP in certain builds.

chopthetree and Tisaun like this.
  10. Xeodus

Xeodus Travelled Adventurer

Balancing isn't hard, adding items isn't hard. all it is, Is time consuming. same with lore. what im saying is you guys act like its impossible for them to add new classes but it isn't. Thats all im saying. IT would spice up the server and add a new playstyle for those who want to replay the story / who already do. Thats all im saying.

11. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Balancing items is really hard. Balancing stuff requires them to see how any combinations would affect the game, player experience, etc. And they often still look over small obscure combinations of items. Professional paid employees at video game companies mess up on balancing all the time, imagine how hard it must be for a team of volunteers to do that.

That is the main issue. It’s time consuming. That means that they spend lots of time developping something that only some people want as opposed to adding new provinces, quests, features, etc.

And on the topic of lore/balancing not being hard, I think you said it better yourself:

trex1611, Tisaun and ThomAnn100 like this.
  12. Xeodus

Xeodus Travelled Adventurer

Trust me having more classes will help, All i gave was a suggestion. Didnt mean to start a flame war. I dont care how much time it takes, If they added all they have to date. They CAN do it.

13. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's probably because you assumed it was extremely easy to add a new class, which is not. However, I do agree that the game would benefit from a new class.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    trex1611, Dr Zed and A Human like this.
  14. FreezeSpell

FreezeSpell Full-Time Idiot VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just giving ideas. Lore doesn't have to be as hard as it might seem. Also, I know those classes suck, they're just examples.

15. Reminiscently

Reminiscently The Clownfish Prince

Minecraft:
    It’s OK
    Also, Necromancer has been suggested a lot

16. Fred18295

Fred18295 Me! (Not You) VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Pokextreme a person needs to be educated on why the item team exists

Tisaun, Dr Zed and Pokextreme like this.
  17. NotAFish

NotAFish An evolved jungle slime Discord Moderator CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It'd be putting a bunch of castles on a server that'd have to be specially made for them.

Housing is putting a bunch of houses on a server that's made for them.

Yes it's not housing exactly but comes with the same issues as it.

Tisaun, Dr Zed and ThomAnn100 like this.
  18. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Should I add this to the thread then?

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  19. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    You haven't given any reason for us to "you". On top of it being extremely time consuming to code there would also be making the design, balancing the design and also making 280 or so new weapons.

20. Lucky_Creeper

Lucky_Creeper faithful bovemist at your service

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    now that I re-read his comment I can't stop cringing at the "PERIOD".

chopthetree likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.