1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Wynncraft Is Dead But I Think It Can Be Revived

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Splintered, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Will these additions help and be worth the staffs time?

1. Yes!

10 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. Eh, only the guild update would help.

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Only space age world! Woo!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No r u dumb?

112 vote(s)
    89.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlyamPoetry

SlyamPoetry dedicated pikotaro fan!!!!! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    actually, adding huge places IS easier.
    its much easier to add something that was originally part of the lore.
    grian said himself that all the lore has been written out and they're working on carrying that out and finishing it.
    they have an objective. they don't need to start from scratch.
    new content imo is a lot better than adding another way to complete the content.

Stag2001, NITEHAWKX and Pokextreme like this.
  2. PikaLegend

PikaLegend Shocking VIP+

Minecraft:
    I think I would rather wait for another guild update from our coders. I am also pretty sure many of us have played the story so many times that we need new places / content, not grinding a new class.

3. Xeodus

Xeodus Travelled Adventurer

? if you played the story so many times wouldn't you like to do it again with a new class, new moves etc and have fun with it? you cant tell me you only want to have 4 of the same classes forever and never have any others added. Anyways my opinion,

4. Lucky_Creeper

Lucky_Creeper faithful bovemist at your service

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No this would get boring in 2 seconds. It gets boring very quickly to replay the game with a new shade of paint. What isn't boring is fighting the Eye of Dern (pls dont kill me lore ppl who say its not from dern)

Dr Zed, NITEHAWKX and ThomAnn100 like this.
  5. Xeodus

o my, having the same moves and magic all the time is fun to you guys? go for it. like i said its my opinion and my friends have the same opinion.

6. Reminiscently

Reminiscently The Clownfish Prince

Minecraft:
    well, what do you have in mind, I would like to here it.

7. Lucky_Creeper

Lucky_Creeper faithful bovemist at your service

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ok were getting off topic, but honestly once you get one lvl 100 it doesnt matter how many unique classes there are your not gonna get that same rush like when you beat bob for the 1st time.

Tisaun likes this.
  8. Reminiscently

Reminiscently The Clownfish Prince

Minecraft:
    I still wan't to hear what you have in mind... I might actually reverse my vote... well maybe if the class(es) are sensible enough in a ye oldey, magic yo, alchemy, fantasy RPG[​IMG]

9. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    New classes would be interesting, however it is more important to add new features, new content, etc. Before adding a new class. No matter how many classes you use to replay the same story, it will get boring. It’s a new playstyle, sure, but it would get boring when you learn all the spells and try them out.

H0Y, Dr Zed, NITEHAWKX and 2 others like this.
  10. Burpcity

Burpcity Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I know it's off topic, but this post got me really damn triggered.
    What the devs are doing is completing the building of the story that they have already written, adding a new class is completely changing the content of the story, or in other words, writing a whole new story. What's easier, building what's already there, or starting from scratch, editing what's set in stone?

11. FreezeSpell

FreezeSpell Full-Time Idiot VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You could, however, make a new class come out with a new province. This would cut down the editing lore for Bob, since you could simply make a piece of lore which explains that the class is only known in that new province. That would mean, however, that that class should only be available once you get to that province. It would be cool to see Fruma come out with some sort of Necromancer or Light Wizard or something like that, since what we have assumed from lore so far says that Fruma is a very magical province. Of course, it would still bring a lot of work with it, such as the items, weapons, and just the lore for the character itself. Anyway, that might be a way to cut down on the amount of work needed for a new class.

Ciao~

12. Xeodus

I own servers i know how plugins work, you go in the config change a few words or add new lines and thats it lmao. dont act like its harder then it is. if they can add all this they can add a new class PERIOD.

13. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a troll right

Please?

If not refer to @icebreaker to explain how a "few words or lines" does not make a class

14. Xeodus

no its not, if you ever even used a plugin or configed one before you would know. im sure they made it easy on themself and made the plugin's have config.yml where do you think the text the npc's say to you come from? they set it up in the config.yml and if they did decide to put it in the plugin itself {the .jar} then thats just stupid on their part. All they need to do when they add a new class is add new items, new moves, go in the plugin add the new class then config it for bob and / or whatever. sure it might take awhile but with the way they work and how many devs they have no more then 3 days it will take if they actually try. i know from experience its not as hard as you think. your giving to much credit buddy.

15. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No im not also jesus christ

The quests have their own language but much of the quests time to make is not dialouge, it's writing it, CODING THE PUZZLES AND BUILDS. If you want to make a new class Coding is the smallest part. YOU HAVE TO CHANGE A LOT OF STUFF AND ADD LIKE 100 NEW ITEMS WITHOUT RUINING THE ECONOMY AND ANGERING EVERYONE

16. FreezeSpell

FreezeSpell Full-Time Idiot VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sure thing buddy. Can I see a server with 5 classes that you made in, what? 5 hours? You said it was easy, right? I'll see how you're doing.

Stag2001 and NITEHAWKX like this.
  17. Burpcity

Minecraft:
    Look here buddy, in the 2 years that you've been on this server, you haven't experienced what this server is really about. I first came on this server, completely fresh, 5 years ago, all that was on the server was a few quests, a great lore, and the province of Wynn. Over the course of 5 whole years, longer than someone's high school experience, the hard working devs have added in only 2 more provinces. The developers are committed to making something amazing for the whole community. They code everything that they do, everything that you see in that game was made from scratch. You think that adding a whole new class is as simple as writing a few lines, but it's not. The developers have to create whole new weapons, and edit an extensively long and well thought out lore, you obviously are too dense to realize the amount of work and time that these individuals have put into making this amazing game. On top of that, they have their own lives, people like Grian, one of the game owners even runs a highly successful YouTube channel, on top of helping with the game. Don't act like you know everything that goes into a server such as Wynncraft.

Stag2001 and NITEHAWKX like this.
  18. Xeodus

Stop trying to tell me what it takes lmao reading what you guys say just proves my point more you all have no idea what your talking about, typical didn’t expect much

Mhm? So how did they do it with the other 4 classes? You act like it’s impossible it will take years! But with their amount of coders it will take not even a eeek, the lore part of it might take time to think up but all that takes is creativity. Just because you have played for years doesn’t mean you know anything about coding or what goes into it. Don’t make things seem harder then it is. It isn’t.

19. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can't

@captainganon

20. Burpcity

Minecraft:
    You just proved that you are more dense than anyone else in the world. The game came out 5 years ago, with 4 classes. The lore was written at the time of release. The game then centered around the story that the content team created, again 5 years ago. Most of the quests are based around the hero, Bob. Bob took 20 years of his life to master the 4 classes and defeat the armies that were plaguing wynn. If you want a new class, the content team will have to rewrite EVERYTHING.
    Edit: I don't need to know jack shit about coding to know that it will take time to COMPLETELY REDO EVERYTHING THAT MENTIONS BOB OR IS INVOLVED WITH BOB.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    7Mile, H0Y, Dr Zed and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.