1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Why Mage's Heal Needs A Change

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Endertricity, Aug 20, 2016.

?

What idea do you support?

1. Mage change

27 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Assassin change

11 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. Both

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Neither

96 vote(s)
    65.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes it is! I've literally died because I couldn't regen health with a potion fast enough, having heal do the same thing would ruin mage's support factor, as the heal spell is meant to quickly heal people if they're about to die. If the heal takes too long, both mages and the people said mages are healing will still die because they need a heal for a reason, rendering heal practically useless.

I use Assassin more than my main (Mage), and I can confidently say that Assassin can get in close if used right.
    1. Vanish literally gives as much speed as a Tier III Escape Spell
    2. There's a reason Assassins want Walk Speed gear
    3. Assassin is basically a matter of skill now. Figure out ways to do it.

Also, your idea nerfs Smoke Bomb, as it's pulling the mob out of the smoke, causing it to take 1 hit from the smoke at most, along with stopping the slowing effect. Smoke Bomb is Assassin's most useful spell as it can hit repetitively from a distance, doing a lot of damage over time (Sometimes even killing higher level mobs). If they take only 1 hit from smoke bomb, it'll be useless. Also, if you draw in a powerful boss mob that is best fought from a distance like the CoW, the Assassin is basically dead.

2. Endertricity

Endertricity Assorted Mini Quiche VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that will make people cast heal when they know they will need health, to get the regen effect. This adds a layer of skill, instead of "im on low hp, better heal!"

And you don't automatically pull the net in for smoke bomb, you do it upon left-click. and what's to say the smoke won't follow where you pull the net?

3. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not referring to the mage, I'm referring to the people needing a heal. It could still insta-heal for other players but be nerfed for the mage.

If you attack during the smoke bomb, what happens? You could move mobs when you're trying to keep them in one place, possibly at bay while you kill another due to the slowness effect.

4. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if one person in a group is incompetent enough to not know when to heal, the whole group may fail. teamwork anyone?

and I've been thinking about that. shift-left click? but those are the specials... suggestions?

5. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's when the person can't notify the mage / the mage can't get to the teammate fast enough where problems arise. Those instances are where you need an instant heal, especially with the revamped soul points.

Idk what we could do for the net. It's not a great idea, and goes against the point of a stealth class. Again, Assassin needs to get close themselves, not bring enemies to them, which is a stealth class in a nutshell.

6. Francis12qwasyx

Francis12qwasyx Hacker Extraordinaire VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If the smoke bomb doubles as a net you will increase the damage an assassin deals massively as well. Currently, even if the assassin hits the smoke bomb perfectly the opponent can escape it, however with the change you are suggesting the opponent is trapped in the smoke and is forced to take damage - unless the opponent dodges the smoke bombs mid-flight, which is not often possible, he will be stuck in a position, unable to move, and will take full damage from smoke bomb.

Sara Forristal likes this.
  7. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    *checks*
    ''Fire: Courage. Will highly buff the damage of everyone nearby for a few seconds.''

lolz why did I think that?

You're right, I was wrong. ;_:

8. Corcustos

Corcustos It's what it's. CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Amen

Mistrise Mystic likes this.
  9. Tain

Tain Hero of Flavortown VIP

Minecraft:
    I think mage as it is is fairly underpowered, seeing as it only has One true offense spell, while every other classes spells are all offense. Assassin is already tied with archer for most damage. So, maybe buff Heal and Nerf smoke bomb.

10. WeakCoward

WeakCoward Skilled Adventurer

In Dungeons and Dragons, there were 2 main types of classes that focused on spellcasting ( and D&D classes are a lot more complex than Wynncraft Classes): Arcane and Divine casters. Arcane casters got powerful damage and mobility spells, as well as the ability to summon stuff, make illusions, and control people. Divine casters got great healing spells, a few damage spells, and a lot of utility spells. Since making a new class is too much work to ever be done, it makes sense for Wyncraft to fuse Arcane and Divine casting into one class, the Mage.

11. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Which means that Mage is very powerful in every aspect
    Your point is ._.

12. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    The one offensive spell does 400% damage, barring elemental and attack speed multipliers
    Heal prevents mages from dying in just about every one v one situation
    Why the fuck would you nerf smoke bomb

13. WeakCoward

WeakCoward Skilled Adventurer

All the other classes are similar to just 1 D&D class. The Warrior could be similar to the Paladin, Barbarian or fighter (but does not combine them), the Assassin could be the Rogue, and the Archer doesn't really have roots in D&D. You could go all Arcane with ranged high damage spells, summoning, illusions, etc, or divine, which is all healing and a bit of weak offense, if you wanted only one. However, the Mage seems fine now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.