1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Pets & Horses Update To Horses

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Ettrigar, May 11, 2020.

Tags:
?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes, without any changes to the post.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, with a few changes.

45.5%
  3. Yes, but I'd do it very differently.

18.2%
  4. No, but nice try.

18.2%
  5. No, this doesn't seem like it belongs in Wynncraft.

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ettrigar

Ettrigar Wynn historian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd say that the current horse system is great, and I just recently got my first white horse (from breeding it myself, of course), but I would add on minor addition. There are already some dungeons that allow you to get a slightly better version of your horse's tier, but as more dungeons are added, those horse dungeons are slightly, well, different from the others. I suggest that as more dungeons are added, more horses are too, even if it's just a new horse dungeon every three or four dungeons, it makes them more consistent, and Minecraft already has other colors of horses, so they could be used. If the horse's max speed goes over the maximum base speed minecraft gives that horse, then it can get a constant speed effect.
    Another change I would like to see is if the horses have a more exponential leveling system, more similar to the player leveling system. As an example, the horse may only need to run for a minute or so to get from level one to level two, but from level thirty-nine to forty, it may take closer to half an hour. I'm sure that some players may disagree with this at first, but think about it; how long you need to run in circles currently just to get your horse to a normal player running speed, all that time could feel quicker, as the player starts out leveling up the horse more quickly and eases into longer runs, rather than a marathon to get to level five.
    One final idea I would like to share, is if while riding a horse, depending on the horse's level, your spells could be replaced with different tricks. Currently, if you were to try to cast a spell while riding a horse, nothing would happen. With my idea, I try not to suggest anything I feel to be too extreme, but here are the spell replacements, which the horse of course gets at the level the player would need to reach to unlock the spells.

RLR: The horse gets a minor speed and jump boost bonus for a few seconds. This would have a cooldown time of about thirty-one times the duration of the buff, so if the buff lasts ten seconds, the cooldown would last through that, along with another five minutes.

RRR: The horse performs a leap similar to a warrior's charge spell. This would, however, go slightly farther than the warrior's charge spell and not deal any damage.

RLL: For the next two seconds, any mob the horse runs into will receive damage equal to about a tenth of the main attack damage of the player's weapon farthest to the left of their hotbar. If they do not have a weapon in their hotbar, then this spell has no effect, and still costs stamina.

RRL: All mobs within fifteen blocks of the horse receive slowness for three seconds.

All these effects would go away the moment the player gets off the horse. You would need to be holding the horse's summoning item as if it were your weapon for any of these spells to work.
    This is just part of that last idea, but to prevent these horse spells from being to overpowered, they need to have their own king of mana. I mentioned stamina in the RLL spell for this reason. This would be my version of horse mana. It would replace the horse's heath bar, as that is currently useless as far as I can tell, and would regenerate at one stamina every five seconds. The Cavalryman major ID would be repurposed to double the stamina regen as well as allowing the player to use their main attack, but not any of their class-based spells, at least while they are riding a horse. This last part of this post is how much stamina I think each spell would cost (btw, the stamina would be tracked by the horse, so you can't just get it all back by quickly remounting).

RLR: 5 stamina

RRR:
    9 stamina

RLL:
    4 stamina

RRL:
    7 stamina

ExertKarma likes this.
  2. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The spells don't really work, as there is a Major ID that allows fighting on a horse

StormKing3 and Blastbasher like this.
  3. Ettrigar

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, I know. That major ID is Cavalryman. I suggested that the way that major ID works is changed in the last section.

4. SLScool

SLScool Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Besides making your suggestion possible, why else should Cavalryman be changed to not allow class-based spells?

5. Ettrigar

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This idea is focused on making horses more useful. Thanks to movement spells (aside from vanish) and fast travel locations such as the Ragni-Detlas tunnels, horses have become little more than a status symbol for many players from what I can tell. My idea isn't entirely necessary, but horses are becoming less useful than I feel they should be, considering the price to get a max tier horse. This post is meant to give horses a little bit more purpose. With higher tier horses as I mentioned when talking about dungeons, alongside the spells, horses would become a much more useful all-terrain form of travel. If nothing else I suggested were added, I would at least like to see the horses exponential leveling added so that they're more useful from the start. Sorry about getting off topic from what you initially asked, but I couldn't think of a good simple answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.