1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Two Freaky Major Ids

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by EpsilonDown, Aug 13, 2020.

Tags:
?

Are those fresh and good?

1. Balanced

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. OP

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. They shouldn't exist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EpsilonDown

EpsilonDown Vibing to Genesis of the End

Minecraft:
    Smoke Clouds: when you vanish, allies within 2 blocks vanish with you, too. Has 12 seconds of cooldown.
    -helmet or chestplate

However, it comes with major downsides:
    Agility min: 60
    +2 2nd spell cost

Assassin always lacked of team support abilities. But with this id, you become one of the best supporters. You can hide vulnerable players, or boost damage to nukers.

Transmutation: All your spells use melee damage modifier instead. It scales according to your attack speed bonuses.
    -likely to be on leggings

It means instead of raw spell damage and spell damage %, raw melee damage and melee damage % will take effect on spells. However, it will get affected by attack speed bonus. Unlike actual attack speed, which is stuck between super slow~super fast, it will take the bonus literally.
    (Ex. Stinger -69 tier attack speed: super slow attack speed, but -69 tier spell damage scale. However, the scale is gonna be curved, so if attack speed goes like -108 tier, it won't reduce that much)

No more melee = no skill. Use high cost spells as finisher, or be weirdest hybrid.

These two will enable completely new playstyles. What's your thought?

Update: Transmutation now scales with attack speed bonus.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  2. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Transmutation seems wonky, but I sort of approve of Smoke Clouds. Kind of reminiscent of Slark's former Aghanim's upgrade where you could hide nearby allies under your ultimate in Dota 2.

The question is, how would Transmutation work? Can you give us an example of it in action, with numbers? How would attack tier bonus affect the spell damage?

3. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Transmutation would require a LOT of rebalancing of existing items that isn't really feasible. It would also gate some item concepts.

Smoke Clouds is a pretty nice idea! (Would require a vanish nerf though)

4. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Smoke clouds seems like a great one and would definitely be super useful in team fights, although it may need a bit of balancing.

Transmutation, though... Taurus + meteor spell. That one item could get 20k meteors by itself using a depressing wand and no other gear. With a full heavy melee set and something like fatal... That would need extensive rebalancing to even remotely not be game breaking.

5. oinuk

oinuk c lown

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    smoke cloud seems cool, but for that to happen vanish would have to get nerfed, and i'd say that group vanish should still be weaker than individual vanish

transmutation needs balancing, and would kind of ruin cool and quirky item concepts.

take any heavy melee item on mage. obby has... 5400 raw melee if i remember correctly. meteor has 500% raw scaling. that's one item 27k meteor

6. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Editing the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Agree with the smoke clouds, but the others shouldn't get either the inital boost or any bonus stat.
    The cooldown could be propably reduced

7. GreenTheMeme

GreenTheMeme Doing damage pleases me sexually

Guild:
    What if instead of vanish it was Smoke bomb. Players walk inside the area of smoke bomb and are given invisibility for a time frame.

8. EpsilonDown

EpsilonDown Vibing to Genesis of the End

Minecraft:
    Transmutation updated to also scale with attack speed bonus. Unlike actual attack speed, which is stuck between super slow~super fast, it will just take attack speed tier id and modify damage.
    (Ex. Taurus -14 tier attack speed: super slow attack speed, -14 tier spell damage scale)

9. fishcute

fishcute fish VIP

Minecraft:
    I feel like Smoke clouds should be like the totem, where it gives a damage boost to everyone in its radius, but significantly less (something like 15% vs 35%). So instead of 80%, maybe 30-50%. The invis would be a really cool thing, being able to hide allies while they heal.

10. oinuk

oinuk c lown

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that's still... really strong. imagine a 5 person eo run, with 1 on +80% constant damage and the other 4 on +50%

Emogla3 and TrapinchO like this.
  11. fishcute

fishcute fish VIP

Minecraft:
    Yeah. Never ask me to balance a game. I've learned that when a mod I made was used in a hunger games battle on youtube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.