1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World The Wynncraft Build Style Situation

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Coffee KQ, Oct 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    I personally think that is too far and would be kinda inconvenient
    One of the best parts about cinfras imo is how everything is legit right there
    The trade market is in the center area, like 10 blocks away is the bank, blacksmith, and identifier. And then on top of that it allows u to fast travel to many other useful areas using the juggler
    I think having the stuff all the way in the airbase ruins it as that is pretty far to travel back and forth with especially if I’m on my assassin or shaman classes.

TL;DR Tho I do agree that cinfras feels pretty cramped, I just think moving stuff to the airbase/guild hall would be way to inconvenient to be worth the extra space

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  2. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    To be fair they could also move the juggler to the air base, it would probably make more sense for it to be there anyways but I guess I understand that.

Ninja_VK likes this.
  3. Lumia

Lumia Making your potatoes since 2002. CT Manager HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Na I'm gunna move the ID and blacksmith outside. I might move the buildings back, but I already made some changes to the circle that open it up quite a lot imo. I also did what you suggested, before I saw you suggested it lol, off making the paths a brighter by using different blocks and the center brighter with a design instead of the lamp. I also widened them by moving stuff that was blocking the side of the path off the path.

The clock is quite hard to make lol, and idk how good it will look. That's a change I may make if I have time. I'm making this Cinfras changes while working almost full time on the next update so I'm really squeezing in time for this.

luckeyLuuk and Sg_Voltage like this.
  4. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    I guess we're at least on the same page which is nice to hear, I'm also extremely aware of how hard a clock is to make, I'm honestly not even sure it's possible to make while looking good given the rounded shape of the airbase.

Super excited to see the design for the center though, I think that's going to be a major improvement!

luckeyLuuk, That_Chudley and Dr Zed like this.
  5. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    o my bad ty for the info

6. Lumia

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    yee basically. I did make a change that I think makes the town better but I know I will get flamed for it. I made the roads red bricks. I think it adds that warm color to the city, is a cool accent to the blue walls, it just looks cool in general, and it's a pretty unique thing not done elsewhere. But it's quite different and I am sure there will be a thread about it and people saying how much they think it was unnecessary, but whatever I like it, I made the city I can change it lol.

7. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    Now that's the kind of attitude you love to see, I'm all for embracing a little chaos every once in a while :)

I'm sure some people will have some words but I'll definitely be there defending the bricks, I think that's going to be a great choice especially since the Wynn bricks are deeper and redder so they'll go nicely with the roofs from a high up view without standing out too much. There aren't a lot of places with brick either so it's definitely going to stand out.

Thank you for your effort <3

That_Chudley, Dr Zed, Emogla3 and 2 others like this.
  8. fungamerlol

fungamerlol Ct applier supreme Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I have to say the SE style is very nice but it has it's limits.The builders have to understand that and while it is unique and definetaly has interesting colours it lacks the supports that would be needed for some of the builds to be standing on the smaller scale SE styled buildings.Another problem is the lack of shape.I find this ironic really as in my first build I was told I needed to refine my builds by giving them interesting shaoes and more colour and while I have improved a lot and modified the SE style for my projects,the Ct is building structures,which have plenty of colour but are lacking in interesting or smoother shapes.
    As a solution I belive the adapted version I recently came up with may help.As a starter for smaller buildings I use a lot of framing and supports for the lower parts of the build and then the normal SE style for areas where the build can hold itself up but remembering to add curvier shapes or even less boxy shapes so it is more appealing.As for grand builds I try to make them less boxy via detailing.In this manner I can keep the benefits of the SE style of having many colours and blocks to choose from wgile not having to worry too much about them sticking out too much ,as well as having a clean build ,but I also get the benefit of less boxy and boring shapes while also adding realism.
    All in all I believe the style should be refined and blend in with the terrain more and that terrain needs to fit in tighether instead of being a boulder stuck in a cluff aka tempo town terrain to accomidate for more buildings.

9. Lumia

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Changes got pushed. Yes I already know Item IDer is missing, it has been fixed, just gotta wait a little bit more for that. I didn't do all the bigger changes, I may later if I have the time.

Emogla3, Sg_Voltage and Dr Zed like this.
  10. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    new cinfras looks bad just go back to the original 1.20 cinfras with the colored trim - the current and the pre current ones were/are lame (i like the brick but they kinda just dont fit)

also the green circle just doesnt work IMO. why cant we go back to the OG 1.20 cinfras :despair: it was literally the best build on the server :pensive:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  11. Lumia

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Because people didn't like it. Although the middle could be better. Not going back to the lamp because it took up a lot of space there

12. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    Thanks for the heads up, gotta go check it out and get my 14 page review out ASAP :)

Okay holy shit I just got there and the brick roads are actually awesome, I honestly can't believe how much better the city is. Lamp being gone makes the center feel so much bigger too. Not a huge fan of the green, it feel like it takes away from the green of the bank and item ID'er, maybe blue or wood could be a little less out there but such a massive upgrade. It's shocking how much wider the paths feel too, absolutely insane work.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    Druser and cmosier like this.
  13. Lumia

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I now made the center yellow because I felt it fit more with the city than the green. I at first made it green because its close to the bank so it made sense, but that was a bad idea in retrospect. That change will also be added with the IDer fix, and there prob won't be any more changes to Cinfras until next update whenever that is.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  14. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    I can see yellow working well, out of curiosity did you use yellow concrete/clay/wool and gold in the center?

15. Lumia

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Kinda. basically just replaced the green with a combo of yellow blocks in the same pattern and added a hay bale in the middle because I thought it fit more than the gold block given the wool and carpet around it.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  16. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    Interesting, I look forward to seeing it :D

17. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
  18. ron111701

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if the brick is staying please connect the courtyard bricks to the actual path, its kinda weird for it to be broken up by 1.5 blocks of stone brick. https://imgur.com/a/mxXxzlE

(also in that same vein, the circle in the center has way too many colors and breaks with the random stone rectangles or all of the green/brown/stair blocks. it just doesnt form anything cohesive design wise so its really hard to look at, its just a splurge of colors)

if youre gonna make changes regardless of opinion tho - why not go back to the original version of 1.20 cinfras ?

also one person complains so now cinfras needs a rework again? seems like an odd use of time tbh

the original 1.20 cinfras was *far* better than how it looks now - with a disjointed palette that only exists because of the complaints of one person which drags the entire city down: and it was my favorite city in the game with the OG 1.20 revamp, and even after its beta revamp, but this new update just feels so bad (i do agree tho - the lamp needed to go)

the brick would look good in like, eltom or something as the city has a brighter palette than cinfras. but cinfras is old, its dark, its crowded, the path shouldnt be so bright. it doesnt fit the city, it doesnt fit the tone of the city. the original color trim the roofs had looked good because it wasnt dominant, but path being brick is e. the roof trim was a nice pop of color, its like having a red lamp as a pop of color in the room vs having a wall be painted as the shame shade of red - one compliments while the other dominates.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  19. Lumia

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    The city was not just changed to match one persons opinion. The only change that I made to cinfras based on only peoples opions was the removal of the orange roof lining because of how many people yelled at me to do so.

It seems the only thing you don't like is that the roads had there colors changed. There were far more gameplay changes, and I think if the road had not changed color no one would even care about this Cinfras change. I didn't change the colors because this guy requested it, I don't think he even told me to change the road colors. I changed it because it was actually one of the original ideas for Cinfras roads, and I felt it helped create a balance of warm and color colors. The green doesn't fit, I agree, I changed it to be yellow which I think fits better.

20. ron111701

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i feel like changing the color of the main walkways in a city is a significant change and a reason to not like the update, but i agree i think the new scroll merchant entrance and the lamp removal is nice, but like, cinfras isnt a warm city palette wise, so plopping a random road down just doesnt really fit. if cinfras still had its colored trim then maybe itd fit better, but as it stands rn the new roads come outta nowhere, the old roads were just better integrated into the city as a whole IMO

also the town center has way too many colors even as yellow its hard to look at, all the colors get jumbled

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.