1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics The Monthly Quest Helmet Rant

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Verenite, May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verenite

Verenite Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Here we go again.
    I hate quest helmets. I really hate quest helmets. My infernal hatred for quest helmets cannot be quenched, so I propose a simple solution. You know the morph set? Well follow along and you'll see what I mean..

We start with Underwater. Instead of giving you some stupid breathing helmet, Omango gives you a simple, yet eerie necklace with many slots in its surface. A small blue gem is in its center, allowing for waterbreathing.

We head on to Creeper Infiltration. Instead of Thomas giving you another stupid ass helmet, he adds a small green gem into the existing amulet, forming an illusion to the creepers.

We move forth to Ice Nations. No more stupid climbing helmet here, Hallfred instead gives you a small earthy gem, that slots perfectly into one of the holes in the amulet, allowing high altitude climbing.

Next up is Underice. Instead of buying a Breathing Helmet II, Fredris will send you to some kind of mage and have the original blue gem upgraded, allowing for longer breathing underwater.

Now in the House of Twain, the ghostly cap turns into an eerie white gem, that slots into another empty socket.

U̶p̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶A̶n̶ ̶I̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶H̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶P̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶I̶I̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶F̶a̶c̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶H̶e̶l̶m̶e̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶l̶o̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶m̶u̶l̶e̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶"̶I̶D̶"̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶o̶r̶y̶.̶

removed in 1.20

In the next spot we have ToL, or Temple of Legends. Instead of purifying this whole helmet bullshit, we instead find a heavily corrupted gem and purify that instead. It slots perfectly into the amulet, granting protection from CoW's influence.

In the Hunger of the Gerts Part 1, instead of recieving a Gert Mask, Cikal gives you a strange, meaningless rock that somehow also slots into the amulet. It exudes the aura of a Gert.

Now, in Purple and Blue, the Empowered Ancient Helmet also becomes a small gem, slotting into the amulet and allowing you to enter the lake. The helmet is still rewarded at the end of the quest as normal.

And finally, in Royal Trials, you purchase a gem from the merchant that slots into the final socket, completing the perfect amulet.

Not only does this give a reason to doing quests, it gives an excuse to add a fairly powerful endgame amulet to player's arsenals as a reward for completing every helmet-esque quest. It also saves people from clogging their banks with helmets. (even though you can delete quest items)

In conclusion: Helmet Quests suck. Please do something better about them, helmets are commonly the most annoying thing to remove in a build. Thank you for your time.
    (do let me know if i missed a helmet lmao)

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Epicness937, fishcute, Aya and 7 others like this.
  2. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    This one was removed in 1.20

3. Verenite

Minecraft:
    fixed

4. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine LI Medallion Owner :D VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Would the amulet become more powerful (stats wise) as you do more of the above quests?

5. Samsam101

Samsam101 These shitposts are Pissing me off. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think the CT is trying to stop making these because of how blatantly stupid they are, though they kept the Breathing helment (which is deleted in underice anyway so it isn't that big a deal)

6. EvanOrizam

EvanOrizam Just your average Fruman supersoldier. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think those things could be more like a charm, just kept in the inventory, like the Amulet of Fire Resistance on D&D 3&4. Or just like the orc costume you put over your armor in Reclaiming the House not existing in your inventory.
    That necklace is a good idea tho, and it would be better for morph users like me. If the necklace is preferred by admins, I would recommend it gains major and minor IDs, like resistance to fire/drowning, skillpoints or damages. The charm in D&D should have a fire resistance effect tho, and be gotten as a reward.

7. Verenite

Minecraft:
    Yes that is another excuse to do it, it gets more powerful there by both giving people a reason to complete all the quests and an excuse to add a decent endgame accessory.

8. EvanOrizam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean turning all the quest helmets into quest charms in Wynn

9. Verenite

Minecraft:
    "I vaguely remember there being a problem with having quest items in your inventory"
    this included the fire amulet, but maybe it's different now

EvanOrizam likes this.
  10. EvanOrizam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okie

11. EvanOrizam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A complement to the idea is making Morph set go around the necklace, just like the Ghostly set goes around the ghostly hat, just one piece required 4 quests but it also forming part of a set.
    (I really like Morph set and I don't want it to be partly ruined, still way better than a helmet if it gives skillpoints

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.