1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World The Inlet (level 90-95)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by SnappyJaw, Mar 26, 2020.

1. SnappyJaw

SnappyJaw Lorekeeper

Minecraft:
    In a nutshell, the inlet is a new area of the map that introduces 1 small town and gives background on corruption.

[​IMG]

Nyeoh is a city in the inlet, it is made around a giant overgrown corruption spike. The houses in Nyeoh are wood with brick roofs and are really in a state of decay. The city has a bank, blacksmith, item identifier-
    This update would add 2 new regions:

The Inlet which is a narrow and deep body of water jetting out of the ocean into the mainland, it is surrounded on both sides by mountains and at the end of it is the town of Nyeoh.

The Valley is behind the desert, it is the end of 1 new quest and is a level 90-95 grinding area. The entire area is based on the white pass area in Alaska, very small trees, rocks sticking out of the ground, etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Xp: 100000
    Lore: Nyeoh is a city built around a giant corruption spike but no one is loosing their minds, it provides a beacon of hope about the corruption for the wynn province.

Access: go to the top of the corruption spike and get 1x "Corrupted stone", there is a castle behind the spike and drop it in a hopper in the castle. A hole will open in the floor and you walk down it to find a disconnected root to the corruption alongside some mining equipment and magical tnt.

Xp: 250000

Lore: This cut root explains why no one in this town is insane and how nature has taken over the spike, but who cut it is keeping the root cut is a mystery, and so are the methods they are using...
    [​IMG]

[David] Ah, you, yeah, you right there!
    [David]
    Do you know how to fix machinery?
    [David] Well, of corse you do, you obviously have had some experience judging by the dents in your armour.
    [David] Head over into town and go to the Corkian shop, please get some Nuts and Bolts.

(quest book should update here with coordinates)
    Note: The nuts and bolts are both 1 item in a crate that costs about 5 emeralds, you only need to buy 1.

[David] Thanks, now watch me put them here, and here.
    [David] This tramway goes to the biggest mine in the wynn province, without it we have no ore so the army has no gear, we have no utensils, etc...
    [David] Could you follow the tramway up to its mid station now?, make sure there is nothing wrong at the line switch?, I would do it but as you can tell I am a bit lazy.

(quest book would update with more coordinates)
    The following text appears when you walk inside the midstation.

It appears everything is fine, you should return to David...
    Wait, whats that creaking in the floor?

You fall into a cave with mysterious crates, click on them to continue the quest.

(The wynnic translates roughly into:
    Wynn Mining Company )
    This writing is unreadable, if only there is a way to translate it.

A hole opens up behind the crate and you walk into the darkness to appear even further away, congratulations you are at the mines and the end of the tramway.

[???] Hey, are you ok?
    [???] Someone, get this person a doctor!!!

You pass out for about 20 minuets, you wake up in a doctors office at the other side of the mine

[David] Hey are you ok?
    [David] I should have warned you, the building is a bit unstable
    [David] I may know a-lot about Corkian technology but it does not work well against the decay of the corruption, all the floorboards in there have started to rot.
    [David] Follow me, I want to show you whats powering our Corkian technology, its not anything fancy like one of those electromagical cells...
    [David] Because it is the only thing keeping this mine alive,
    [David] I shouldn't say that, recently we found a new way...
    [David] Follow me.

You follow David into what looks like a generator room and into a generator to find an Ancient with wires sticking out of it.

[David] The WynnExavation company sold about 3 of these to us, each one of them can act as a generator for powering all of our equipment, it is much more efficient than magic.
    [David] The only reason we know they work as power sources is since one touched a corkian drill and it exploded with electromagical power.
    [David] We asked a brilliant engineer named Maxie if he could hook these up to corkian generators, the poor guy didn't want to, but he did it anyways. Now we have this unlimited source of power.
    [David] It sucks, the other two we bought didn't make it...
    [David] Ones dead, it went "kaboom" with the drill, the other one escaped deep into the mineshaft.
    [David] Now I have already asked a-lot from you, and I am going to ask more so listen up!
    [David] The one that escaped into the mineshaft, I need you too kill it.
    [David] dislike my request, well, That is the law of the Inlet?, I don't know kid, just bring me 1 Corrupted Remains

Hurt Ancient
    Level 102

150000 Hp

He can uppercut, multihit, charge, and everyones faivort combo: teleport and flamethrower.

He drops 1 Corrupted Remains

Now you must go into the mines.
    Dialog after killing it:

[David] Oh hey!, generic hero, you actually got it?
    [David] I guess I owe you one, here is a bit of money for you to get around these parts
    +2 LE
    [David] Now you also can get a life tip for killing that thing in the mines, I call it a life experience.
    +1200000 xp

Thats the quest, definitely taking feedback on it since quests are hard to write.

26-3-20: Added the quest and uploaded the suggestion.
    26-3-20: Removed the player talking in the quest.
    27-3-20: Added "The Roots" discovery room concept build

Some feedback would be nice.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  2. Samsam101

Samsam101 idiot who is too lazy to grind and is level 95

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It sounds cool, but honestly I don't think it's too necessary. Judging by where fruma is going to be, the map is going to be a rectangle or a square as opposed to having places jetting out into the void here and there. Maybe if you made it into a province of its own and gave it some kind of new name it would serve a purpose. But I dunno. I guess the main point of the area is lore.

Emogla3, 1tommyhill and SnappyJaw like this.
  3. VeeeKoooN

VeeeKoooN Demon Forge Master of WFa - http://cpc.cx/r1b VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice idea, can't wait for the quests :D

4. SnappyJaw

SnappyJaw Lorekeeper

Minecraft:
    You posted that comment right when I was finishing writing it.

5. Saya

Saya unpaid customer support VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You might not even need the part sticking out, given how small the area has to be!

Cool idea, but I personally don't see this being realistic :(

6. StormKing3

StormKing3 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Realistic? I can see it being placed there, or do you mean realistic as in having no point to it

7. Saya

Saya unpaid customer support VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Both, since the point about map expansions was already made and that future/current regions could be used for it instead of an awkward spot.

8. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Oh no, I lost my plague somewhere near Gelibord! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice quest, but i dont think that the player should talk.

9. StormKing3

StormKing3 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I think that's a fair statement, although I reckon it could be used. But maybe for something better

Yeah, it's a bit weird and the player's sort of meant to be you isn't he.

10. SnappyJaw

SnappyJaw Lorekeeper

Minecraft:

I will remove the player speech right away, re-read it and it is really bizarre actually.

11. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually yeah I believe in the GM doc it says you're not supposed to have the player talk ever in quest dialogue. I think it might be nice but they determine the rules I guess

12. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe make a secret discovery that explains how the spike got there, because usually spikes are near other spikes

13. SnappyJaw

SnappyJaw Lorekeeper

Minecraft:
    There is already a discovery explaining the corruptions true extent and how it spreads like a weed.
    https://wynncraft.gamepedia.com/Beneath_the_Roots

1tommyhill likes this.
  14. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, but it doesn't quite explain how they spread like a weed. Maybe the discovery could say that there is a rare species of zombie that can summon corrupted spikes and have a quest where you find one and kill it?

15. SnappyJaw

SnappyJaw Lorekeeper

Minecraft:
    a quest seems quite uanessacry, I hope you had seen that discovery since it does really show the full extent of the corruption and that it is everywhere.

16. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've unlocked every secret discovery except the silent expanse ones and necklace of a thousand storms, so I have. I guess a quest would be unneccesary, maybe a boss altar or special slaying post?

17. SnappyJaw

SnappyJaw Lorekeeper

Minecraft:
    The silent expanse one is really cool tbh, and the necklace of 1k storms is easy to solo. a boss altar leading into a discovery could be neat, or possibly having a boss before it.