1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

The Gavellian Exchange - Economy / Trading - 80% Positive

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Pyronucleic, Dec 6, 2018.

?

Would you like this to be implemented?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    63.8%
  2. Yes, but maybe add a thing or two ....

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. No, but it would be better if....

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. No.

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    you realise other servers have auction houses right. that work like this

2. Cyana_

Cyana_ Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I like this idea but is it possible to code this for the developers?

3. Pyronucleic

Pyronucleic Well-Known Adventurer

yeah, the only problem is disk space and a small investment could solve that

4. CyberNitra

CyberNitra King of the Storm VIP+

Minecraft:
    I like this Idea but i also think it would have a serious impact on the economy.
    Making the market so easy accessable would increase competition. That means if you want to buy something you would look at the IDs but also the price.
    This competition would make a lot of items cheaper over time.
    That means that the inflation would go down a bit but players would get rich as well bc they wont need to pay as much as they used to.

Im not sure about all this but i wouldnt like to see richness become the usual thing.
    On the other Hand i would love a market like this.

5. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    As stated before, auction house plugins in Minecraft usually work more like an open market rather than a true auction

6. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yes you can

7. Pyronucleic

Assuming you're talking about pvp servers, on most of them auctiosn are literal auctions

i dont know where you're getting this from
    Didn't know, lotta forums dont have that

8. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    Usually factions servers have an "open market" type ah(auction house)

9. Pyronucleic

yeah

and i literally said how my idea is different than that

10. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    Nah I was just proving the point that most "auction houses" are just markets

11. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I believe it would be neat to see some form of this, however I think there is so much lost potential when your not supposed to sell weapons, armor, and accessories, by far the most sold thing on the market. If they're going to make a marketplace with the purpose of selling items, there's no point in not including a function to sell gear. While yes, ingredients are predicted to take over the market in the next update, there is still going to be a large portion of people selling normal gear, because of pre-update leftovers, good items, and the fact that normal gear doesn't have durability opposed to full gear. The purpose of those ingredients are to make gear, which could also be sold. I just see no point in making a market of just 3-star items and powders, when there's so many other players being let down that normal gear isn't viably sell-able. Smaller shops usually sell mediocre gear, so that is a reason that it may be harder for small shops to get any money.

I feel that the Cinfras placement was poor. Cinfras is a huge city, and it's fairly easy to get lost + everyone is residing in Detlas, no one wants to walk to Cinfras/take an airship then go through that large maze known as Letvus just to see if they sold anything/want to buy anything. If your putting it in a place that nobody wants to go to and stay, then it probably isn't a good spot to place it.

The system also isn't optimized for people's spending needs. Your just blindly throwing in LE and hoping you get something for a good price, there isn't much market strategy or planning involved, which is what makes the market so interesting. You have options to who you want to buy from, unlike this system, where your just given the lowest price. As well, this system can be abused. What if I had a stack of T6 Thunder powders, and everyone knows that market selling price is 2 LE, so everyone is selling them for that . I could make my price slightly lower (even 1 le, 63 eb, and 63 emeralds) and anyone wanting to buy Thunder powders will be redirected to me, and only me, and i'm hardly losing any money from selling them this way (only 1 EB if i sell them all, which is a good deal) This gives anyone else wanted to sell Thunder powders a frustrating time, wondering why no one is buying their powders. Since no one can see the exchange, there is no way to tell why you aren't getting sales, which I thought the purpose was to make smaller shops a better time.

I think a good system of a player market is the Pokemon's Global Trading System, and if I were to see a player market in-game, I hope it be similar to the GTS. (who would've guess i would bring up pokemon with my darkrai pfp)
    With the GTS, you have 2 options, seek for a Pokemon or Deposit and "sell" a Pokemon. Seeking for Pokemon allow you to enter the name of the Pokemon you want, either from a list of Pokemon you've seen, or just entering their name directly. Then, your brought up a list of that Pokemon that other people have deposited, showing details such as Level, Held Item, What Pokemon they want, the Trainer selling it, and Shininess/Form.
    When Depositing a Pokemon, you choose the Pokemon, and it will be removed from your PC/Party and placed in the GTS, where you can choose what Pokemon you want, and the Pokemon will be added to the list for other people to trade.

This system let's people know what they are getting when trading, and not just a blind trade. This system also allows gear to be sold, which would overall be more useful.

Unless I am mistaken or the suggestion remains the same way, I am a no.

12. Pyronucleic

Hm thanks for the feedback.

The thing is I could add it to the sugegstion where it'd look at ID's, but i feel that would take so much math/coding and computer power that for the admins it wouldnt be worth it.

And the reason I chose Cinfras was because it was going to be the trading hub (Atleast they hoped it would be when they built it) and it got completely left in the dust.

I added a paragraph to the buy section and added a GEAR CONTROL sections

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  13. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This looks alright, but I think it would've made sense to just show all sellings of an item, because if someone doesn't have the best deal, then they will end up not showing on the page, and will not be able to sell their item. This especially applys for mythics, prices can be vastly different than each other because of stats, so you have no luck if your mythic is godly and you actually want to try to make a profit. Your only looking at the cheapest deals, and not the best value, and perhaps the cheapest deals are not what people want, because low prices mean low stats. (in terms of gear)

This also doesn't solve
    Because the people who are clever enough will make their price at the very top with little exchange. I think that the order should be decided by how long the item has been in the marketplace, so someone who deposited a while before can get a better chance at selling it, as they deserve it, unlike those people who want their prices at the top by little effort.

Displaying every item isn't that difficult to code. Your already storing the data of the items somewhere, because it's being deposited. Displaying it shouldn't be any more difficult. Think of it like the bank, when your not using it, the data has to be stored somewhere, and when it's in use, every items stats is perfectly displayed. This would be just a larger variant of the bank, and you shouldn't expect 100,000 deposits of each item, so the data won't take terabytes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.