1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design The Eye Feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aya, Jan 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright so I still haven't beaten it so I might be missing something, However I got half way through the last phase alone so I think I have seen everything it has to offer so far.

Also keep in mind, this feedback comes exclusively from an Air-water mage who thinks they are cool enough to solo a raid boss' perspective.

So to begin with, this is the kind of boss I've wanted to see since I started getting a bit interested in game design, I always thought it was lame that final bosses were always "Beefy dude with tons of health and 4 generic spells" (such as Qira or Bob, I haven't fought any of them in a while though so that might have changed and I never knew).
    This boss was exactly what I wanted:
    -Unique set of spells and attacks
    -Not just a humanoid dude
    -Not a damage sponge (his health is pretty fair for what is currently a final boss and a raid boss, It took me about half an hour to get through the first 2 phases but I was alone and didn't have an insane DPS build so I think it was fair)

Now, that doesn't change that despite being the kind of bosses I want to see, it has flaws.

First of all, the first phase is too easy honestly, the only dangerous thing it offers is the retaliating gazers (the eye summon guys) and they are still too easy to defeat and deal with, which makes them nothing but a bit annoying.
    My suggestion for this phase is to make the spell rates a bit higher (except for the summons) and buff the damage of most of the spells, as aside from the summons, nothing he throws at you feels like a real danger.
    The transition to the second phase with the falling eyes is also fun but it has exactly the same issue as the first phase, it is just too easy so all I have to say is that the amount of eye bombs dropping should be buffed.

Second phase is fine. I really got nothing to say about it I think it is pretty fun and it isn't a joke like the first one. Perhaps make the lazer, floor hole and bomb spells a bit more common? I think that would be a good buff. Over all, this phase was pretty good in my opinion, the difficulty is pretty fair, the damage things deal is fine, the level of chaos is also fine, not too easy like the first phase, not too crazy.
    The transition to the third phase is... pretty much the same as the first-second one honestly, it is fun but too easy, I say reduce a bit the time between each lazer wave.

Now, the third phase.
    I'll be honest, I like a lot the level of chaos it has but this one is a bit too much. I think the difficulty is still fair because while it is way more chaotic than the other 2 phases, it isn't too excessive. I had a hard time finding a moment to attack though, mostly because the spawn rates for the summons is a bit too much for me. They spawned constantly and I had a hard time finding moments to attack since these dudes kept distracting me. I liked the wave-based summons from the other 2 phases over the constant flow from this one honestly.
    Now, literally the only thing that pisses me off from this fight:
    The wretches thing.
    I kept hearing about it and I didn't know what they meant but now... yeah ok, I see what they mean. I know my kit isn't very good, I deal about 5k only with every meteor after all. But these wretches are stupid, they have like 30k health and you have to kill them in 5 seconds. This would be fine if it dealt like 2000 damage but... It kinda deals like 9000, and that's essentially 90% of my mage's health, basically, I had to keep healing during that period just to resist the hits since it was no use to try and kill it. But then, the rest of the summon gang comes in to tear a portion of your health, which leads to a guaranteed one-shot from the wretches.
    I think the health or the speed of these needs to be toned down. A lot.
    Buff the damage to be a guaranteed one-shot but make it possible to kill with average level 90-105 gear or something because this definitely didn't feel fair, unlike everything else about this boss.

So yeah, it gets a 8/10 from me, it is fun and unique, but it is too easy at the start and unfairly hard at the end.
    Buff first phase a bit, buff the transition phases and nerf the wretches.

2. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    The wretches deal 90% of your current health- the only way to die by them is have less than 10 hp

3. Aya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well considering how chaotic the fight is, it wouldn't be strange to get your health dropped to 1k by a wretch and then get slapped by literally anything else.

coolname2034 and Druser like this.
  4. The Fool

The Fool Nobody Wants to Know Him HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think there might be something wrong with your build... maybe you should drop by the "class builds" section of the forums, as an endgame air mage should be getting above 15k damage without being too glassy at all.

5. Aya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah but it sucks that just because my build isn't perfect I literally can't beat the game
    Specially one with such a messed up RNG for item drops
    I am mentally capable of beating the boss alone, but if you put a DPS barrier like that other review said, it just feels unfair
    If I beat the eye with a shitty build when keeping in mind that the dungeon recommends you to bring more dudes and to have a good build it is because I git gud rather than just grinding and hoping to get the lottery with item drops and IDing
    I still think mythics should be rewards for super difficult challenges rather than a fucking lottery, yes

Saya and Druser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.