1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media The Detlas Times Issue 1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by hipatrick12, Sep 15, 2020 at 12:34 AM.

?

Do you think I should continue this series?

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hipatrick12

hipatrick12 Author of the Wynncraft Fanfic series.

Minecraft:
    I decided to make a news program! Why? The homework from school is surprisingly easy, and I still have lots of free time. So, this news program will mainly be about the forums, because that’s where most stuff happens. You can also view this news program as a collection of interesting threads. I hope you enjoy reading this!

--------------------[Unamusing Edits]--------------------
    Earlier today, @TrapinchO made a post about him and a team editing and improving Wynncraft Wiki pages, basically thanking everyone who helped and asking us to read the pages and look for pages that need further edits. But, sometime after the post was made, some of the Wiki pages were suddenly inappropriately edited. For example, the contents of one page were replaced with a word with the definition of “the genital of a male animal” repeated over and over. Another page was replaced with an unpleasant motto repeated over and over.

@Jbip, a GM, noticed the edits first and jokingly stated “The Ragni Library sure has changed since last time I visited”. Then, another inappropriately edited wiki page was found. @TrapinchO and some others were furious. But, eventually, the wiki pages were fixed and the culprit(s) was/were caught and banned less than 20 minutes after the first inappropriately edited page was found.

Currently, we don’t know why the culprits did this. It may have been just trying to get a laugh, or perhaps something more sinister. But let’s just hope no one vandalizes the wiki again.

Link to the original thread: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/wiki-pages-review.274911/

---------[Return of the Featured Wynncraftian]--------

After 817 days and a 278 days old revival thread, Featured Wynncraftian came back today! For those of you who don’t know what Featured Wynncraftian is, I’ll use the quote from @Pretzule:

“Basically, we feature people from the community that have done something that I can ask questions about or are pretty cool and have something to feature. They don't always have to be a popular member, just as long as I can ask them about things that make them unique”.
    As the newest episode after more than 2 years, S7 EP1 was terrifically good and surprisingly satisfying to read. This newest episode is about @YYGAMER, the player known for completing Salted’s Challenge(reaching combat level 103, without dying once, finishing all quests, completing each dungeon at least once, and completing Legendary Island, all on Harcore, Ironman, and Craftsman gamemodes)

Read the newest episode here: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/featured-wynncraftian-the-return-fw-s6e1-yygamer.274751/

-----------------------Advertisements---------------------

Currently, there are no advertisements. If you want something featured here, message me and tell me, no emeralds required.

If you want to help work on The Detlas Times, DM me(HeWhoRises#2135) on Discord and I'll send you an invite.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:40 AM
  2. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Free help with nearly everything! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Btw somebody trolled Relos' Library by capitalizing wrong letters at the beggining of the page. (I revert it now, but you can see it in the history)

EDIT: But since his other edits were useful, we will take no action for now.

hipatrick12 likes this.
  3. Samsam101

Samsam101 please add a quest in the gavel corrupted village HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm almost certain that the culprit was reading the thread because I stated that the next target may be relos' library (I noticed that both vandalised pages were based around secret libraries)

hipatrick12 likes this.
  4. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 Professional JoJo reference boi HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So it is like The New York Times in wynn? Cool boi

hipatrick12 likes this.
  5. WithTheFish

WithTheFish don't give up, skeleton Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's been a while since I've seen a news thread, this project seems cool and I hope to continue it!

I do have some feedback though: the FW thread is pretty well-known plus it's sticky, I feel like the newspaper would benefit a lot from finding some more hidden stuff in the community.

6. Pretzule

Pretzule eats pretzels HERO

Minecraft:
    I think it's @YYGAYMER emphasis on GAYmer.

Nice news roundup though.

YYGAYMER and btdmaster like this.
  7. _Dazzle

_Dazzle HTTP 401: Unauthorized VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Here's a question - where have you been the last... couple of years?

Also OP I feel like this news post has plenty of potential, patiently waiting for Issue 2.

hipatrick12 likes this.