1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Tablet Of Resurrection

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Samsam101, Aug 2, 2020.

?

is this a good idea

1. yes

40.0%
  2. no

60.0%
  1. Samsam101

Samsam101 please add a quest in the gavel corrupted village HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You're strolling around the void valley, enjoying your day. You see a ''Void hole??'' and are curious as to what this mob actually does. You jump into the middle of it and instantly die. Now here are the options for your respawn location and how acceptable they are

Lutho
    EO entrance

Ternaves
    Corrupted dungeon entrance (if you did a run prior to returning to SE)

Ternaves is often seen as an annoying place to respawn because you have to go all the way through the expanse again but I never see anybody talking about appearing at entrances like CUR, meaning you have to travel all the way from Gavel to Wynn and then into the silent expanse.

People really hate the buggy respawn mechanics and I have seen a lot of suggestions for ways to prevent this. The most common is a checkpoint of some form. And this suggestion is similar to that, except it costs you.

This idea is called the Tablet of Resurrection. It's a tablet in every town, dungeon entrance and anywhere else you can usually respawn that allows you to respawn at that place no matter where you are. Each use costs 1 emerald block and it will take extra soul points depending on how far you are from the tablet to discourage using them as alternative teleport scrolls. The maximum taken soul points is 2. These tablets have to be found in their altars, however. This is to make it seem as though you are the only person who knows about the secret to life or something. It just fixes holes in the lore which would allow people like Aledar to respawn.

It would look something like this:
    soulpointfountaintabletthing.JPG

Unfortunately I cannot replicate this but it would usually have purple particles circling it and would have text in front of it saying:

Sacrifice [1 Emerald Block] if you wish to return from the grave.
    Sacrifice
    [10 Emerald Blocks] if you wish to always return.

What this means is that for 1 emerald block you can respawn here once and sacrifice again to come back next time, while 10 emerald blocks can be sacrificed if you want to respawn there forever until your next sacrifice at another location.

Here are all the locations to find these:

All dungeon entrances
    Ragni
    Detlas
    Nemract
    Ternaves
    Bremminglar
    Almuj
    Rymek
    Elkurn
    Nivla village
    Nesaak
    Lusuco
    Troms
    Iboju Village
    Dernel Village
    Selchar
    Nodguj nation
    Pirate town
    Llevigar
    Bucie
    Olux
    Gelibord
    Lexdale
    Efilim
    Aldorei
    Cinfras
    Heliolux Village
    Thanos
    The hive
    Thesead
    Bantisu Air Temple
    Eltom
    Rodoroc
    Maex
    Kandon-Beda
    Ahmsord
    Corkus city
    Avos territory
    Relos
    Legendary Island
    Lutho

i have nothing else to say

2. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    instead just fix the respawn mechanics

3. Dwicey

Dwicey I don't know, I just build a lot now VIP+ Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah lol that's what I was thinking when I read this. Instead of spending time making an elaborate workaround to the respawn mechanic issue, why not just spend the time fixing said mechanic?

PatheticFlower, oinuk and Theeef like this.
  4. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Because it's a lot easier to make a workaround vs. changing the entire respawn system.

5. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    in my opinion just adding another layer to a system to cover the broken parts is a much worse idea than actually fixing the problem, and it can bring even more problems and bugs into the game

6. Yraw

Yraw Water Fountain

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ...Why do we need such a long winded system?

Dwicey and PatheticFlower like this.
  7. Untitled Doc

Untitled Doc 1 man robotics team

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, tbh I carry Ragni scrolls in my bank for this purpose for only 8 emeralds a pop if i respawn somewhere i REALLY don't want to be. Also most places aren't a super far hike from fast travel points unless its sky islands. Horses also make travel pretty easy if you own a chestnut or higher.

I will say lutho and ahmsord scrolls are decently expensive for a teleport.

I would say this isn't particularly a good solution game wise or lore wise.