1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World (suggestion) Nameable Bank Pages?

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by TwilightNova, Dec 18, 2017.

?

Should we add name tags to bank pages so that we can further organize and distinguish our items?

1. Yes! I believe this is a smart idea and that your thread brought the reasoning across well!

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. No. I think this is just a useless implementation and a waste of our development team's time.

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Maybe. Either I have something to nitpick about this suggestion &/or I want to add something to it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwilightNova

TwilightNova Nocturnal

So this suggestion is pretty self-explanatory.

I imagine that many other players use the new page system of the bank as a means to separate and organize their classes' quest items, other equipment, and other miscellaneous crap. This addition has been great, and it's allowed me to safely store away everything without having to take up one of my player slots with a character that's just going to be used for storage.

However, I'm a bit concerned on how to distinguish the divisions of the items properly. Sure, at the early levels of a character you have such a small amount of gear that you could probably hold onto all of it without a problem. But as you develop and start obtaining more loot, money, etc., more pages have to be bought so that you aren't incredibly cluttered and over-encumbered.

And that's my current problem. As I'm setting out to fashion out my items in the slots of my bank pages, I'm finding myself accidentally putting certain items for different players in the same page, which isn't what I intended to do, or I run out of space on one page for one character's gear and I have to take up another one.

So, maybe as a solution, we could add some sort of naming system for your bank pages as to not jumble your characters individual set of powders, emeralds, quest items, future armor and weapons, and the like. Like in the right hand side that's devoted to tools for your bank, we could have a Name Tag that gives you the option to freely name your page to whatever you wish that can be changed at any time.

Maybe I'm just really dumb and I should just be able to easily distinguish items from each other, or worse, I'm the only one struggling with such problems and I should get my act together. But besides that, I can't imagine this suggestion being difficult to implement in the first place.

Thank you to anyone who stuck around to read all of this crap!!!

2. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    I mean there's probably enough space in the bank for you to have a separate page for every distinguishable kind of item

but otherwise there's not really an issue beyond possible problems making this work
    just doesn't seem very necessary

TwilightNova and SizzlingBacon like this.
  3. TwilightNova

TwilightNova Nocturnal

Well, one of the main reasons why the bank page system was implemented in the first place was because there wasn't enough space in the one page to separate our characters' items. We had to either stack Character X's stuff with Character Y's - which would just confuse players who want to divide the items based on what class owned what - or separate them, and, as many of us know, there wasn't enough space to do that without sacrifice.

I realize that I didn't properly cover that topic in the main post. Sorry about that. This is actually one of the main points as to why I want a system like nameable bank pages to be added.

4. Kraetys

Kraetys Lord of the Werecats - Inexperienced Catipalist

Minecraft:
    This wouldn't be hard at all if they just used the chest naming system already in place.

5. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    yeah my concerns lie in actually allowing real-time customization of it from a gui

it might be super easy or it might not, and in this case a proof-of-concept would help a lot

6. Kraetys

Kraetys Lord of the Werecats - Inexperienced Catipalist

Minecraft:
    Super Easy? Never, this is Wynncraft.

However something simple like the sign naming thing for guilds is definitely within the means for the coder team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.