1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Website & Forums Stop Mythic Threads

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Glitchedslayer, May 9, 2016.

?

Stop the mythic threads?

1. Purge them

53 vote(s)
    57.0%
  2. Let them live

40 vote(s)
    43.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Could you remove or replace the pictures of the mythics on your list that I balanced?

(You can keep Cosmos, I left it absurdly op)

2. Glitchedslayer

Glitchedslayer Godly Horse Breeder and Memer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What do you mean fake? They are mythics people actually suggested

3. Whynot

Whynot Whynot Right?

Guild:
    Sorry dude my brother was on my account lmao

4. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    Riight, it had nothing to do with the copious amount of alcohol you consumed last night.

Gogeta likes this.
  5. bob10234

bob10234 wabaldedablede HERO

Minecraft:
    I agree there are to many mythic threads, however I don't think there was a need to call people out, agree but I think you went a bit too far with your rant.

WithTheFish, RemRin, Gogeta and 5 others like this.
  6. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't know why you even used Soundwave in this, it has terrible mana regen and spell damage, it may deal high damage, but it has some effects which are very negative, and archer is supposed to have the highest or at least the second highest base attack so I don't know you why say it is "Az on steroids ON STEROIDS," I think it is a decent idea and I am not sure why you are saying it is not a good mythic, but I understand that you have an opinion.
    Can you link the posts you got these from, because I have never seen these suggestions, and for all I know, they could have been suggestions which died out months ago and you are just using to try and get people to stop mythic threads. I know I said "you shouldn't use other people's threads and call them out," but you responded saying "I am laughing so hard right now," if you don't have a problem with using material from other people's work, then please post links to their threads if you can and have time to. I want to see if these are actual suggestions people made or if you just made them up so you could try and reduce the number of mythic suggestions. If you can't find links to them please say who suggested them and when they did. There are some of these which are so OP that I find it hard to believe that people actually made them.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    XavierEXE likes this.
  7. Taf

Taf Legendary Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Exactly

Yuno F Gasai, Miles_ and XavierEXE like this.
  8. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Half of them are mine, but I balanced them out. The ones on this thread are the old version, which aren't balanced, which is giving me a bad reputation in this topic.
    @GlitchedSlayer

9. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know a lot of these are yours, but you are getting a bad reputation because GlitchedSlayer is not editing this to the newer versions of your ideas, and anyways, Soundwave isn't OP and I don't know why it is listed as Az on steroids ON STEROIDS. Alkatraz does an average of 2300 Damage, Soundwave does less and archer is supposed to have the highest base attack, remember soundwave has -10% spell damage and -2/4 mana regen unlike Alkatraz, I think Soundwave should have no attack buffs, the damage kept the same and attack changed to very slow.
    I know a lot of these are yours, but you are getting a bad reputation because GlitchedSlayer is not editing this to the newer versions of your ideas, and anyways, Soundwave isn't OP and I don't know why it is listed as Az on steroids ON STEROIDS. Alkatraz does an average of 2300 Damage, Soundwave does less and archer is supposed to have the highest base attack, remember soundwave has -10% spell damage and -2/4 mana regen unlike Alkatraz, I think Soundwave should have no attack buffs, the damage kept the same and attack changed to very slow.

10. Glitchedslayer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I used soundwave because it gives itself more attack speed and then you can just give it cancer and you win

11. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I react to mythic suggestions just like I react to quest suggestions. I ignore them (unless they were selvut's).
    As much as they are useless there is no reason to remove them.

XavierEXE likes this.
  12. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alkatraz does so much damage because you are LOCKED INTO ONE ELEMENT OF DAMAGE while using it, and its skill costs are so prohibitively high that you MUST base your build around Strength in order to use it. Soundwave has no such restrictions, only locking you out of earth damage which generally is not used with Dexterity builds anyway, and is hitting at least 50% faster than Alkatraz due to its +attack speed identification, and can hit about THREE TIMES faster than Alkatraz.

Just looking at their other ID's, Alkatraz also penalizes you with a huge reduction to walk speed, and kills any chance you may have of combining it with agility. In exchange for this massive damage, you only get some extra Earth Defense and a pretty good Explosion chance.

Soundwave, however, has a number of other bells and whistles. The negative to spell damage will matter none with the massive damage it will already be dealing, and seeing as it is Very Slow attack speed at minimum, that -30% hurts a lot less than it might seem. You get extra walk speed, some poison, and a MASSIVE Stealing chance. Even items -based- around Stealing almost never go above 5% stealing base. I know there are a handful of exceptions, but I cannot think of them off the top of my head, and that negative to mana regen is absolutely no problem at all, seeing as many good thunder-based items have mana steal, and air synergizes well with water, which often has mana regen which can counteract that.

hexapod and XavierEXE like this.
  13. Inactive User

Inactive User Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    It's funny how they make the mythic threads to suit their exact playstyle.

14. Glitchedslayer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But it has -100% earth damage so its fair since you cant use soundwave in an EARTH archer. balanced right?

15. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No sarcasm, please. I just spent that entire post explaining why its negatives are not enough to excuse its horrendous power.

XavierEXE likes this.
  16. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How would it be OP if you paired Soundwave with Cancer? Also, please tell me what your sources were for these. Thanks.
    XavierEXE has posted a new version of that bow idea on his thread which also penaltises fire damage aswell as earth damage, and 300% this time , I know Alkatraz is based around 1 element, and no other element, but Soundwave barely does any air damage so it wouldn't do a lot and archer is supposed to have higher base attack anyways. To solve Alkatraz' walk speed problem couldn't you just pair it with something like Aries which can buff melee damage and can heavily buff walk speed, you could also only switch to Alkatraz when you are actually using it and not be holding it at any other time.

17. Glitchedslayer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hmmmmm How would an already OP and at least slow weapon be more OP with me attack speed. I wonder.

Half of those mythic were from Xavier and you know that. The other half were from Carlaproductions but it seems like most of them were deleted.

BTW if you think I copied these mythics a month before this thread, I didn't. I just thought of putting examples of bad mythics, looked on the front page of general suggestions and found those 2 threads with a ton of broken mythics.

18. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    OK, I didn't know Carlaproductions made mythic suggestions, sorry about that, Cancer has -130% melee and spell damage so you would just do mostly poison damage unless you had some spell/melee damage buffs. Like any other weapon, you could have super fast attack speed with Cancer at the cost of spell and melee damage. I think if I know all the IDs which Cancer has, spell damage, melee damage, life steal, mana steal and poison, you would do the same damage with an oak wood bow then with a mythic, I might somehow be wrong though. I will stop viewing this thread now because I just don't want to use any more of my time monitoring a thread which I probably won't have an impact on, you will still probably not understand what I mean.

19. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Except that still does not fix the problem. Fire is, unless you are specifically going for a token fire/thunder build, not often paired with thunder or air. It still can hit three times as often as Alkatraz and nearly as hard and still has all the bells and whistles that are keeping it ridiculous. Its damage needs a significant nerf if it is going to have +attack speed. In addition, to use Aries with Alkatraz, you will need to pour in a lot more agility points than usual due to the fact that Aries requires 20 agility and on average, Alkatraz kills 15 agility, meaning you actually need 35 to use it.

XavierEXE likes this.
  20. Glitchedslayer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright then, its not like I use bows for melee, but how about I just use a cosmos instead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.