1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Sometimes Quests Can Be Really Boring For New Players.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Kurtey, Feb 13, 2020.

?

Do you think "Fetch this item" quests are boring?

1. Yes, these quests are boring.

2. No, what the heck are u talking about lol.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurtey

Kurtey I'm so poor.

Minecraft:
    So recently after playing on and off with many different accounts on Wynncraft, I decided to try out the new Shaman class (I only found out about this through Grian lol). It has been super fun and interesting, I'm loving the new update. But I feel like on rare occasions there are pretty bad quests. For example, the quest Underwater. For the most part, the quest is great, but to get the underwater helmet, I had to get 3 pigman meat and a milk bucket. The story made sense, but I really didn't wanna walk all the way to the Pigman Ravines or Katoa Ranch. The whole ordeal took me like 10 minutes just to fetch certain items. 10 minutes not accounting for the fact that I accidentally, only got one pigman meat when I needed 3 and had to go all the way back. I think it's simply boring. Small things like that, In my opinion, should be removed from the quests or made more convenient (As a new player, if there was a convenient way to complete the quest I had no idea). Like it's literally just a "fetch this item" quest.

Of course, this is my opinion, maybe some people like doing these. I hope to god I didn't just make a stupid post without realizing that there is an easy way to get the food. Anyways just a suggestion, Wynncraft will probably remain as my favorite server, it got me into building, and held me closer to Minecraft. I honestly don't know if I would still be playing Minecraft without discovering this server.

2. PatheticFlower

PatheticFlower megido >gamer< god VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    there's definitely lots of boring fetch quests, but the CT is fully aware of that. a lot of quests that may seem lower quality (especially ones in gavel) are probably made long in the past. in recent updates, old quests have been getting replaced by new, very fun, quests, but they due to the higher quality they take longer to make. if all the "bad" quests were removed, then there would be massive gameplay deprived portions of the game, so they need to have a worthy replacement.

JaydonTheWarrior, F1ora1 and Kurtey like this.
  3. ll

ll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    It's not just you, and it's not a rare occurance, Wynncraft quests suck.

4. Kurtey

Kurtey I'm so poor.

Minecraft:
    Well, that is something I certainly didn't know about. Should I take down the post because it's already being solved? I'm super uninformed. Lol sorry...

F1ora1 likes this.
  5. PatheticFlower

PatheticFlower megido >gamer< god VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think the post is fine, it still opens awareness that a lot of the community dislikes fetch quests, and maybe the content team will be incentivized to rework more quests in the future

btdmaster, Druser and F1ora1 like this.
  6. SLScool

SLScool Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Arguably, having to gather items introduces players to new areas and sources of items—which is also true of pretty much every single quest in the game—but I don't think Underwater introduces anything new with the item gathering.

StormKing3 likes this.
  7. pooma

pooma Noob HERO

Minecraft:
    Quests are not meant to be super easy or very convenient, none are mandatory either.

You cannot speak for the entirety of new players who have yet to do so called "boring" quests.

You have to put in work to complete a quest and read what it says, so you don't end up bringing back less of an item when you actually needed more. This sounds like more of a case of quests are not your style, and you are disappointed in one quest because you rushed it, and therefore you want every single quest to be smoothed out. Quests are fine.

Boring is subjective. It is 100% impossible to make content which appeals to everyone. The vast majority of players have little to no problem with quests.

8. FadeDave

FadeDave Fading away... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have completed 428 quests in my lifetime. I dont think they are boring, but if they would give better rewards (certainly more emeralds, because i dont want to loootrun) I would be more likely to do them without saying "oh, this one again?"

9. StormKing3

StormKing3 Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I actually prefer many of the old quests, and dislike the newer ones which come off as weird and cringey to me. I much preferred the gavel quests to be honest, and even the fetch quests in Ragini aren't that bad, as someone else said they force the player to explore new areas and encourages them to explore!

Not to say the new quests are all terrible, but the overall reliance on new techniques of coding (such as unskippable NPC dialoque) is very annoying to me and a lot of the time when I right click something I have to do it a few times for it to trigger, the new pirate quest bugged out not once but TWICE, and the new silent expanse quest teloports you to flipping NESAAK every time you die, it's stupid and most of the first SA quest was just a walking simulator and following the others listening to dialoque no one cares about quite frankly, the Wynn lore takes itself too seriously in some parts and not enough in others, like the new Hogwarts-type quest which I really didn't like much. But that's just my opinion so it's fine if you have your own of course

Druser likes this.
  10. Bowajility

Bowajility Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    No disrespect, but isn't Minecraft meant to be, "do whatever you want", and Wynncraft to be,"do whatever you want but there's more stuff in-game and a few extra rules"

11. StormKing3

StormKing3 Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah of course, I worded it poorly sorry. I sort of meant more like, encourage the player so they don't have to necesarily go to that area. Like, you could go to the farm near Ragini for wheat but could also get it from the field, for example.

Bowajility likes this.
  12. Kurtey

Kurtey I'm so poor.

Minecraft:
    Thanks, guys for your thoughts. Honestly pretty interesting to read through. Pooma had a unique take that I found especially intriguing. I still stand by what I said about some quests being tedious for no reason. I was really excited to get to the underwater part of the quest but personally spending ten minutes just to get three pigman meat felt boring. I agree that saying something is boring is definitely based off of personal opinion, but I don't know if people are generally satisfied with quests. A lot of people in the polls said the quests are boring, however, I don't know if it's because of the ten minutes like gathering sessions or because of something else. Also, pretend I didn't forget two pigman meat, I still didn't particularly enjoy that part of the quest.

If someone could tell me how to close out the thread that would be appreciated. I don't even know if it's possible to close out the thread so I might just delete it or respectfully ask for no more responses.

13. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Peeves5200 OP requests lock

14. Peeves5200

Peeves5200 Moderator Staff Member Moderator HERO

Minecraft:
    Aight
    Locked on OPs request
    If you want an unlock PM a mod or report this message

Thread Status: