1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Website & Forums Shoutbox

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Moss, Feb 10, 2019.

?

should the shoutbox be back

1. yes

510 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. discord is pretty bad

149 vote(s)
    22.3%
  3. should the shoutbox be added back yes or no?

144 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. vote here if yes and dont vote if no

156 vote(s)
    23.4%
  5. ok vote here if no lol

111 vote(s)
    16.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Moss

Moss shoutbox meme supplier

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wait did you think that i made this thread so i would get unbanned ????

SUPER M likes this.
  2. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Ok so if your suggestions doesn't directly benefit yourself it's pointless. This is just about the most short-sighted post I've seen.

3. Moss

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wtf i didnt change that

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    Bank, mouldy, Tsukiji and 5 others like this.
  4. awemanrank100

awemanrank100 custom title

Minecraft:
    *BONUS MEME*
    *BONUS MEME*
    *BONUS MEME*

Tsukiji and Moss like this.
  5. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    is this a fucking joke

mouldy, Tsukiji, SUPER M and 2 others like this.
  6. Moss

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thank you for changing back to yes but just in case ill put this here
    Screenshot_2019-02-16-11-23-09.png

Zahr, Tsukiji and SUPER M like this.
  7. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wow. Some of you need to get your knickers untwisted. With this amount of rage going on in here, simply because someone (myself) stepped in and pointed out that Moss no longer had access to the SB, even if it was returned (which, frankly, is IN FAVOR of his argument, isn't it???), maybe some of you should step back, take a breathe, and figure out that you are feeding on each other's emotions and arguments. Now.

As has been pointed out, already, the SB is closed. It will remain so unless you can put together a REASONED and concise argument, that will convince the admins, to reopen it. That's the only way that this will change. No moderator and no CT has anything to do with decisions about the layout or the looks of the forums. It is in YOUR hands to try to change this, if you want to be logical about it and if you are serious. Otherwise, you all sound like you are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

8. Moss

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    also moe i never said that i want to be unbanned

i and many other people just want the shoutbox to return

mouldy and SUPER M like this.
  9. Moe_Ronickah

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Moss, pay attention. I never said that you posted anything in order to be unbanned. I even pointed out that your being banned, and still making this thread was "which, frankly, is IN FAVOR of his argument, isn't it???". As I've already said, there is a lot of echo-chambering going on in here.

10. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    That's just straight up not true. You didn't just point out that @Moss wouldn't have access to the Shoutbox, you straight up said that the request was useless. So no, that isn't in favour of his argument. You're attacking an idea with the person who "created" (in the loosest sense of the word) said idea as a basis. Besides that, let's say you were just an innocent bystander pointing out that @Moss didn't have access to the Shoutbox anymore. That post was completely uncalled for and to me that seems like something you just said to advertise your view of him, not at all fitting of a staff member or a person on these forums in the first place.

That doesn't really matter if you call someone's request pointless.

RazorGuild, mouldy, Tsukiji and 5 others like this.
  11. bloww

Minecraft:
    okay but everything youve posted so far is entirely wrong

Bank, SUPER M and Moss like this.
  12. Moss

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ok lets calm down for a moment i dont want this thread to get locket yet

btdmaster, mouldy, H0Y and 4 others like this.
  13. bloww

Minecraft:
    dont worry theyll still find a reason to move this to ban appeals because the thread was obviously made so you get unbanned

SUPER M and Moss like this.
  14. Moe_Ronickah

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Let me make this abundantly clear - stop arguing about anything OTHER than what your reasons are in order for the SB to be reopened. Nothing else should matter to any of you. Nothing, at all. Stop trying to turn this thread into a meme. Stick to the logic that you are all capable of, and see where that takes you. I don't know anything about the reason(s?) why the SB was closed, because I've been too busy with other matters. I have seen a LOT of echo-chambering going on in here, on a topic that has just happened. It's not the usual suggestion of wanting something to be implemented that was never there, in the first place. There must have been a logical reason to remove the SB. If you really want it back, if there already isn't a replacement that takes over it's functions sufficiently (see the side panels on the home page), in your eyes, if you can explain your reasoning and make strong enough, logical arguments, then you have a chance to get the decision to remove the SB reconsidered. But remember, change doesn't happen without it being thought through. If you want to make an argument against removing it, and it's apparent that you do, then be logical about it. I cannot guarantee anything, one way or the other. It's not my position. I am, however, asking that all of you work on whatever logical point(s) that you have, that you flesh them out, that you bring up points against your own arguments, and then see which argument(s), in your own eyes, prevail. That's how adults make decisions. Look at the arguments, both pro and con, and then weigh them both. Otherwise, you can not gain anything. You will be making an appeal to emotion rather than a rational argument.

Druser and nicktree like this.
  15. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    Ok I'm not going to post on this thread anymore because apparently if a staff member decides they don't like your post and calls it useless you shouldn't respond to it but just ignore it and let them have their way. And of course if you don't then you're just immature and should learn to think logically.

Besides of every very logical argument against the removal of the Shoutbox having been made clear enough for a toddler to understand, if it needs to be spelled out, so be it. The Shoutbox shouldn't have been removed.

First of all, as far as I know, there was no reason to remove it in the first place. The conclusion that there must be a logical explanation makes very little sense if you can't give a logical explanation. Sacrificing your critical view on something in favour of blindly trusting every decision is something that I can neither respect nor accept. Hero worship has never worked out well.

Then there is of course the "issue" of there being the "Connect with the community" box on the right of the page now. I really don't see how that matters. There's plenty of workarounds for any problems with space. The staff online box could be merged with the members online box and in my opinion the search bar is in an inconvenient spot anyway. There's lots of little ways you could save space. Even if you wanted to sacrifice one of the sections then the new posts box would've been a much better choice. Seeing new posts on random threads doesn't really have the same level of functionality that the Shoutbox does. A lot of the recent posts are in the trade market and random posts in the trade market don't particularly interest me. It's also only five posts and that's certainly not as useful as seeing recent threads and talking to people.

Saying we should just use Discord is, on top of being not a reason to remove the Shoutbox, not even a proper replacement. The Shoutbox was a quick and easy way of communication. Most of it was useless banter, but it was still quite fun to use (even if I haven't used it all that often in recent times). It was very accessible since it was just on the side of the main page of the forums. Even if I were just looking through the forums I could see recent threads and see ongoing conversations (whenever there were people using it, but I digress). Convenience is key. If I want to use Discord, first of all, I have to make an account. Well that wasn't too bad, I have an account and I can use Discord. But what about the people that don't want to create a Discord account just to engage in small talk? Well, that option is off the table. But yay, I have my account and I'm finally ready to, you know, talk to people. So every time I want to do something I would usually do with the Shoutbox, I have to go onto a different site/app instead of taking two seconds to look to the right of my screen. That doesn't really seem like a substitute to me.

So in conclusion, why? The Shoutbox wasn't used that often, but that really doesn't excuse its complete removal.

16. Zahr

Zahr You begrudgingly don the COMICAL HAT. VIP+

Minecraft:
    VERY good post, a shame they are going to ignore this one too.

17. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I suggest that every post in this thread be recorded, so there isnt any funny things happen on both sides.

Druser, SUPER M and Moss like this.
  18. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I thought trolling was against the rules.
    Moss we're not angry, the mods are. They're just going to keep adding fuel to the fire and when it gets too bad they're just going to lock the thread on basis of this thread being a flame war. It doesn't matter if we stay civil becouse they will force us to be uncivil, so they can lock the thread.

mouldy, Tsukiji, Spinel and 3 others like this.
  19. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    Absolutely this.

Bank, btdmaster, Stormarend and 2 others like this.
  20. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    If this gets ignored like every other great post in this thread then the staff are honestly an embarrassment.

Frankly it's stupid to say we need a reason to bring it back when there was never a reason to remove it, but here it is anyway. Good shit storm.