1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Website & Forums Restrict New Class Suggestions In General Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Saya, May 18, 2020.

?

Is the current state of class suggestions a problem?

1. yes

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. no

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Saya

Saya obscure item supplier (dm me) VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    New class suggestions will basically never be implemented and often create a chain of slightly more knowledgeable players pointing out every flaw. They see frequent bumping because everyone is eager to criticize a dumb suggestion. Other suggestions that can be made by any level of player often never see much attention because the class suggestion is too busy getting piled on. This is also a problem with the game itself, since it doesn't explain basic mechanics to the player very well and even misleads them a lot.

TL;DR: New class suggestions are almost always made by people who are relatively new to the game, causing them to be frequently bumped with criticism and clogging up the category.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  2. Endercomet

Endercomet HongKonger

Minecraft:
    when your tldr is just half of the full suggestion
    (support)
    (it feels sad seeing their well-thought-of ideas just going to waste)

TS_potato and Saya like this.
  3. Novalescent

Novalescent Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I highly doubt a full-blown ban on class suggestions will occur, nor do I actually want this to happen. We might as well instate bans on common, low-quality type suggestions such as Housing that rarely see the light of day. Yes, I know the choice of Housing is odd given my reputation with my own housing idea, but it was the only one I could think of...

However, I do agree that the amount of class suggestions I've been seeing recently is becoming insane. I feel like there's almost 1 per day, and I don't know why there has been such a sudden surge. Even with Shaman being a new class, it's been in the known for almost half a year now, so it's strange that all of these are coming so rapidly in this period of time.
    I will admit, some of these look decent, while others are not so much. However, a common thing that most of them lack is detail. If it was just a few classes lacking here and there, that would be alright, but I do feel like the quality of these is going down ever-so steadily. A good portion have fallen relatively within the same style of play, and it's fairly rare to see either a unique class idea or a good, detailed one that makes me be able to see how this would play out in-game. And with all of these new class suggestions, I find it harder and harder to read them as they just feel like blobs of text that relate to the same thing, and it's getting boring and stale.
    I originally was thinking about trying to post a new class suggestion myself way back, but I think I'm going to hold off until all of this blows over.

oinuk, Bowajility and Melkor like this.
  4. Endercomet

Endercomet HongKonger

Minecraft:
    I don’t think the lack of detail is a problem. I would rather see them have less detail than have more wasted time writing stats and stuffs that are not balanced or do not work in practise or even are just blatantly wrong

5. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Makes sense. I do agree that some of them just don't sound balanced.

6. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I came up with a decent idea a couple weeks before the suggestions rolled in and now I'll wait until it's been awhile since the influx of suggestions if I even post it at all. there have been one or two decent suggestions recently, but nothing amazing.

7. BowenRobot2

BowenRobot2 Newbie Adventurer

I don't think they should be banned. If this is for general suggestions then it should be used as such, but suggesting a class is a valid suggestion. While sometimes suggested classes are poorly balanced or just don't work, it's fun seeing peoples ideas and suggesting edits for their idea even if we all know it won't make it into the game (and who knows, maybe someone will post a class that fits really well with the setting)

8. Bowajility

Bowajility Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    *Laughs in pet suggestions*

TS_potato likes this.
  9. Yraw

Yraw i hate stepping on lego

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I doubt anything is really going to change until someone actually puts the work into a new class suggestion and balances it all out like @Novalescent's housing suggestion

10. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My argument is that basically all of the suggestions are more Nemract's Bar material than General Suggestions material, since they're less suggestion and more wishful thinking without any knowledge put into them. One of the class suggestion people clearly doesn't have any experience with items and how classes actually build, locking in their class to certain stat combinations and thinking that it's a restriction that defines the class. Others lack detail, saying "oh a X class would be nice, like my suggestion please". And there are worse ones... which I would get too toxic if I talked about them...

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  11. Baby Poseidon

Baby Poseidon Self-Proclaimed Idiot

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Homer_"nothing to see here".gif

otherwise

YES
    PLEASE
    OH GOD YES
    is so tired of bad, dumb, idiotic and worse of all, frequent class suggestions
    i have spent sooo long making long critisisms on idiotic classes that newbies make
    like...
    i'm working on one now...
    WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP MAKING CLASS IDEAS

here i go again...

First of all, it's spelt shepherd and secondly WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP DOING NECROMANCER SUGGESTIONS

This spell would be either far too underpowered, or far too overpowered. At level 1, when you first unlock the spell, your minion will have 1hp. It will die before it even has the chance to deal any damage, and at high levels, if you have a tanky build (which is the only type of build people are going to bother with when playing as this class), it will have around 3000 health. Wait. That means it's rubbish either way though. With a tanky build, you'll have 30,000hp at pretty much max. That means your "minion" will have 3500 health at max. Against a lot of mobs in the Silent Expanse, you will only last around ....2 seconds(?) against even just something like a group of blinders. Supposing that you go with a glassy build (not a good idea if you want to cast ANY of your spells), you will have around 1200hp per minion. That's roughly how much health a tanky level 30 would have. You can most likely see the stupidity with this spell, can't you? In case you don't, here are some more reasons:

- There are no details on how long it will last.

- There are no details on the damage that your spells deal.

- There are no details on the mana costs of each "minion"

And....... it's just a bad spell in general and an unoriginal one. There have been tons of "New class: The Necromancer" suggestions, and although some of them have been detailed, all of them have been rejected.

Moving on to the second spell now:

..... wait...... is this just super-delayed-and-super-rubbish-in-every-aspect-Haul? It's already been done. This is basically just an extremely delayed, extremely weak, and extremely short range Haul. And haul was already bad enough.

I think we can safely say that that's all we need to do on that spell, so here's the third spell:

You've already used the name "Summon" for your first spell. It's still rubbish. It's far too powerful. The damage the minions deal will be absolutely enormous. At level 21, a damage boost of 600%. That's higher than the mage's meteor spell, which only has that much because otherwise the class would deal no damage whatsoever! AND it's 600% damage for a prolonged amount of time, which goes for the mobs near you first, can increase both in damage % per minion, and can increase the amount of minions. It is far too overpowered, dealing around 1500% damage for around...... 5-10 seconds? I'm going to guess here because you provided no time limit whatsoever, and I feel like that's the amount you'd go for. So in total, that is 7500 - 15000% damage(?) AT LEVEL 56. Of course, that's only a percentage! I have to calculate the actual damages. Supposing that you are using the highest dps weapon for your level range, you are going to be dealing around 500dps (This damage was calculated from the damage dealt by Oasis). When we multiply that by the damage percentages from the third spell, we get a total of 75300 damage over ten seconds. I'm glad you realise that this class is unbalanced, otherwise..... this rant would be miles longer. But it's still going to be long because this is still a really stupid and repetitive class suggestion, as well as being underpowered at low levels and far too overpowered at higher levels. The third spell, even at level 21, is more powerful than meteor, even at level 56. That's mainly because of the fact that it's on a timer, and because it deals the damage to more mobs than simply a tightly packed group. With a meteor, it falls down but still has a specific AOE. This would not have a specific AOE, meaning that the damage could either all be directed at one mob, or it could be directed at a large group of scattered mobs. Not to mention the fact that the player would be attacking by themselves, meaning that the damage dealt would be more like 80,000 in total, over the ten seconds you have to deal as much damage as you possibly can. Now if we put that sort of damage up against the Corrupted Witherhead, who is lv80, it would take under 10 seconds to kill him. That is considering that you were to run the whole dungeon at level 56 (which you can't do), were wearing no armour, no accessories, and that you did not cast any other spells. Now if we redo that same boss fight, but this time with a level 60+ weapon, we now deal 1,200dps, and the damage dealt by the third spell would be ~18,000 dps. This is enough to kill the Corrupted Witherhead in under 5 seconds, and if you are hitting normally along with your "minions" that is 30,000 dps, so you can kill the Witherhead in 2.5 seconds, and Corrupted Theorick, who is a lv.105 boss, with 130,000hp, in ~4.5 seconds. Please note that all of these results are from under-levelled players, lvl.65 for all of the dungeons (Corrupted decrepit Sewers, Corrupted Ice Barrows), and also with no armour, accessories, skill point potions, crafted consumables, or casting any other spells

oh, where do i even start with this?

I'll just give a small list and then elaborate later on:

- The damage boost is too powerful

- There is no timer

- The health boost is far too big

- The spell is once again about your “minions”

- The spell is stupid in general (this is only my opinion, but it’s also my opinion on the whole class idea).

1. The damage boost to your “minions” is far too powerful to ever be implemented into the game, which is immediately a big fat thumbs down on that front (among others). The damage boost, +50% at level 31, is far too powerful and could easily be abused in grind spots, especially when you are with a mage and/or shaman, as I would assume the “minions” to be heal by their abilities, meaning that you would be able to create a constant stream of damage that will only end once one of the players dies. But that would take a while to happen, as the Mage would be healing everyone, the Shaman would be healing everyone, and the “Shepherd” will be dealing a constant stream of damage and killing the mobs before they manage to do mucha against the players. The damage boost would also mean that after level 31, the player would need pretty much no skill in order to kill many bosses that are far higher level than the player (as shown in the rant about your third spell).

2. There does not seem to be a timer on the spell, leading me to assume that the last spell carries on until the
    [/QUOTE]

12. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You shouldn't let them get to you, I've put a lot of energy into pointing out mistake filled threads (Most recently the thread where someone tried to summarize/categorize all the mythics and had a lot of hilarious mistakes)

It's not worth it

Baby Poseidon and Wynnonymous like this.
  13. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think we should just outright limit them, as that is something that they want to suggest and their suggestion -whether or not it will likely make it into the game- is still worth giving them the ability to present. If it's a bad idea or a poorly thought out idea, or just a lazy thread that offers one sentence, then you can give them advice on what they did wrong and how to make it better (I wouldn't mind a rule against low effort "fix lag"-ish suggestions though...wait...). It would be nice if they put a bit more thought and effort into some of them though, and tried to balance them to fit the game as it is, not as they want it to be.

TrapinchO likes this.
  14. oinuk

oinuk volcano spell :relaxed:

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel like it would be far better to implement a bar for the quality of suggests, which is practically impossible.
    Since so many of the class suggestions are absolute shit, the abundance of them ENCOURAGES flaming.
    However, even if there will likely never be a new class added, and most of the class suggestions are fucking hot garbage, the occasional gem of a suggestion, while not to be implemented, provides interesting insight, which could lead to a better, more likely suggestion-- such as taking a cool spell concept and suggesting it as a mob spell

Saya, Baby Poseidon and Wynnonymous like this.
  15. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah I think we all agree that quality is the issue, now if only there could actually be a bar...

oinuk and Baby Poseidon like this.
  16. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Oh no, I lost my plague somewhere near Gelibord! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So you propose to make new section for specifically class suggestions?

(Also add a poll)

17. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Hmmm...

18. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, I suggest to redirect them to Nemract's Bar, where the current level of content belongs.

19. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Oh no, I lost my plague somewhere near Gelibord! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But what if somebody wants to post a good class suggestion? ( by your standarts)

20. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "the current level of content belongs"

If the level changes and class suggestions stop being an idiotic mess of people displaying how little they know about writing in detail and balancing to fit the game, then of course they belong here. It's general suggestions after all. But the current level of "add this class" content is more suited for VIP plaza shitposting.

Honestly I'm just letting all my frustrations out before I stop complaining entirely since nothing will change anyway

Last edited: May 21, 2020