1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Respawn Mechanics

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Melkor, Dec 30, 2019.

?

Is this a good idea for a respawn mechanic?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes but with some changes

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We've all died in a quest, and then respawned and prepa- wait, what? Why the hell am I in Ternaves? Right now, respawn mechanics are something of a mess. It's a pain to respawn in some far-off, random city in the middle of nowhere, like Lusuco or Ternaves. Right now, respawn mechanics take you to the closest discovered city when you die. This means that in most off-map areas, you will be respawned in an area near the edge of the map, not necessarily near where you have to be to get back to where you were. My proposal is simple, at least in theory. Upon death, rather than respawning in the closest city, have "death regions" around each area, both on and off map. These would determine your respawn location. If you were in a region for a city you had not yet discovered, it would take you to the closest discovered region, as it does currently. This would allow custom set respawn areas, so that quest areas off-map would still respawn you in the correct city, not Ternaves. If you die in an area that is not a part of one of these areas, it will respawn you in the closest area, similarly to how it does now.

This would allow more freedom with governing where players respawn and fewer "god not Ternaves again" moments upon dying in a strange location. This would also help with locations that currently don't have a respawn location, like the Qira Hive. Rather than going to Eltom, this would allow you to respawn right at the Hive if it were a separate region, without making you respawn there if you died anywhere within Canyon of the Lost. I'm aware that this is not exactly a new problem, nor is it one without proposed solutions.

Druser likes this.
  2. LeviLips96

LeviLips96 The guy who draws Wynn places in Paint.net.

Minecraft:
    I cannot stress how many times this happened to me. Pls add to wynn.

3. ZockerCam

ZockerCam FINALLY FOUND A MYTHIC: boreal. VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Simpli respawn in the city you where before you got to a qest nearby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.