1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Remove Sprinting's Exorbitant Hunger Cost (oh Shet 226 Supporters ._.)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by xKindredKinesis, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes.

98.3%
  2. No. (Please state reasons)

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kerpsolem

kerpsolem Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Agree with you guy ! as mage your power is magic... and to escape you need mana and to cast spell... mana again... there is a pb here ;) hope gonna be change

2. MarkedForDeath

MarkedForDeath Finder of Kronos' Lair

Minecraft:
    I could live with sprinting draining mana at a slow rate to be honest... but both no drain and slow drain are better than the current mana rate.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  3. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I heard y'all. I got an idea to fix this, but it'll require a bit of work on our part. Give us time to fix the lag and issues first, okay?

4. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    I think that's the first time I've ever seen Salted post on a thread in the General suggestions section.

Hexorcism and CheesePrince13 like this.
  5. Lotem

Lotem Ex-Moral supporter in the official Wynncraft CT™ HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thabk you.

Nha... He replied lot of times before.

6. MrExzibit

MrExzibit Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I also believe the Mage should have his mana buffed I mean he is a mage. A mastered magician he should have possibly slighter faster mana regeneration.

7. ohwooops

ohwooops Not Very Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I agree 100%, especially as I play with assassin. It gets annoying when you're sprinting about and you have a bunch of mobs you want to kill, but your sprinting has taken up the mana you need for your spells. The mana regen is also a bit slow to be honest :3

8. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I like it! 54 Supporters.

9. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    I fully support this, +1 supporter!

10. GoldenDuck

GoldenDuck Quack, quack, quack VIP+

Minecraft:
    I think that sprinting's EXORBITANT hunger cost should be decreased but that the mana cost of sprinting is a key part of Wynn. I think that the fact that you can't sprint forever is good. Maybe if as you level up every 2 levels (maybe every level) you can sprint an extra second. This way, at level 1 you could sprint for maybe 30 or 40 seconds, but at level 30 you could sprint about a minute and then at level 100 you could sprint around 1.5 minutes. Also, you don't need that much mana at low levels and the need for mana increases as you level up since you have more spells to cast and more monsters to kill. You also can go to less parts of the map easily. So this means that at low levels you don't need to be able to sprint as long as at high levels.

11. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    I'm not sure if I agree.
    Considering that one of the core methods of transportation is sprinting, I don't see why it has to be so limited in general.

ohwooops likes this.
  12. ChickenTopRamen

ChickenTopRamen Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
  13. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I believe it should be nerfed a bit but I'm not 100% along with this- I see no problem myself and I have virtually no intel points on anything but Mage.

14. Potatoman2507

Potatoman2507 PotatoMaster

Minecraft:
    Stmaply Yes....

15. Rawb

Rawb Disciple of Bak'al

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree, but recently I found out that combined with 100+ intel, Sodeta boots can regenrate your mana fast!

(Of course, Ive only tested this on mage so...)

16. Th3MustardCat

Th3MustardCat Unknown Cat

thats what i was going to suggest. this is really needed.

+1 Support

17. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You're missing something about assassin that makes it way worse with Shadow Travel...

Before Gavel, when a player would Vanish, their hunger would no longer regenerate (instead drain). This was balanced out by the fact that the Vanish spell cost so little (4 Hunger at Level 11). This also stopped players from being able to regenerate mana without running the risk of being slaughtered.

However, after Gavel, this is still the case, but worse. With the increased cost of sprinting, as well as the draining effect of Vanish makes Mana drain twice as fast. You can look at your mana bar and watch one "Mana" drain instantly. This causes the Assassin's main mode of travel to completely drain their mana bar, whereas before Gavel, it would drain around 6 Hunger (3 Shanks) at max level. Luckily, I went Air Assassin, meaning I get a natural Movement Speed increase with almost all of my Weapons and Armour, but without this natural boost, Assassin's Vanish costs an entire Mana Bar. I feel bad for the Earth Assassins, as their only way to increase speed saps their mana before they can get far.

Assassin is terrible with this change, and I suggest having Mana regenerate, or simply remove the draining effect, when an Assassin uses Vanish.

18. Nightbane

Nightbane Travelled Adventurer

I feel like with Assassins main travel form being their vanish, it really makes it difficult when after about 5 seconds your mana is at 0 if you decided to even sprint for a little bit.

19. Theepicsquash

Theepicsquash Error: Originality not detected. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Plz we need this now +1

20. Fread

Fread Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    uh.... archer has (almost) permanent speed too why wouldnt you call that overpowered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.