1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Realm of Light 2 change [SPOILER WARNING FOR ALL ROADS TO PEACE]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Da Homeboi, Jun 22, 2022.

?

Thoughts on this?

1. Yes, the moral dilemma needs to be changed in the way you did it

2. Yes, the moral dilemma needs to be changed, but in another way

3. No, the quest is fine as is

4. no you suck

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi custom titles are cringe

Minecraft:
    Spoiler warning for All Roads to Peace
    This has probably been suggested countless times before, so my turn ig.

So, before I get into my idea, Why?
    The main part of RoL 2 people have a problem with is the moral dilemma problem. What it is is that Orphion brings you to a room with the Mayor of Olux and Dr. Urelix from An Iron Heart talking, and how the mayor is against that while Urelix is pressuring him into submitting. So, guess who is right here? I mean, Urelix is portrayed as wrong, his quest reward are the Greaves of Shame, in the Shadowy Dealings discovery, Urelix is seen extorting the mayor to give him random people, he shows himself as a person granting people a life-changing opportunity whose lives are at rock bottom (quite literally, as they are not the same person), and he is even a supporting character in A Hunter's Calling, as he has an scenario where you work to kidnap people in Olux. So, you obviously side with the mayor, right? Nope. The correct choice is Urelix, because only the Iron Golems are a way to fix the wars? What? Why can't he just make them suits for villagers? Why change their body and repress their feelings rather than just giving them a mech suit that can fit them? He clearly has the technology, so why can't he do that?

See, there are many problems with this decision. It is confusing and makes no sense at all given the more obvious stuff and the secretive stuff. So, what should replace it? How about using some of the new NPCs for All Roads to Peace? The Orc War arc is in the same level range, and it is easier to find the answer. Here it is:
    ???: My pulse... Human. I must inquire to you. I present to you a test. Guide your attention to those you see.
    ???: I must see the rhythm your heart beats. Listen well.
    Captain Goruca: I can't believe this! What part of our treaty are you not understanding?!
    Arrai-Veretel: Really? Orc can't go outside camp, Orc can't defend self, Orc must be relocated by Villager?!
    Arrai-Veretel: We not animals! You idiot Villager never understand! We not barbarian, we people of Earth!
    Captain Goruca: You kept on dragging out a conflict we've been trying to end! We keep on making treaty after treaty!
    Arrai-Veretel: Villager not trying to end war! Villager trying to go around war to exploit us!
    Arrai-Veretel: YOU take over our territory, YOU fueled by greed and power, YOU WON'T STOP UNTIL EVERY ORC DEAD!
    Captain Goruca: You keep on trying to burn down our military outposts! Look at all of those skulls you have outside of every camp of yours!
    Arrai-Veretel: You speak like sore loser! That how war is done! You try to slaughter our orc with your iron death machine! Those skull not even villager or human!
    Captain Goruca: It's obvious you won't listen to reason. I'm merely doing what best for us all, unlike you, who is trying to prevent progression.
    ???: My pulse, you must decide. Three paths diverge upon your road.
    ???: You may leave, as the rays of fate see to destiny unfolding.
    ???: You may end the life of this Goruca, blood upon your hands in a way.
    ???: You may end the life of this Arrai-Veretel, heartbeats ceased by a bleeding heart.
    ???: To which way does your heart beat, my pulse? How will your rays cast upon the shadow of the future? Can you see?

Exiting:
    As you have left, this Orc War dragged on for centuries, with no end in sight, and several lives lost.
    ???: My pulse, the blood of a bleeding heart has poisoned me. Even if the sun should shine elsewhere, the rays do not always converge, only you can perfectly guide them.
    ???: You must realize what is needed. You must see the light through my lens.
    ???: To leave... As the rays of fate follow their own path, the sun shall set.
    ???: To end this Goruca's life, to snuff out one whose heartaches are painful.
    ???: To end this Arrai-Veretel's life, a people shall have a poisoned fate.
    ???: My pulse, there is only one choice. You must do the option best for the future.

Killing Arrai-Veretel:
    As Arrai-Veretel has perished, the orcs surrendered, and their peoples were oppressed, and their culture to be left in the annals of history.
    ???: My pulse, the blood of a bleeding heart has poisoned me. To remove the poison is never easy, but you must be willing to accept an unsuitable fate.
    ???: You must realize what is needed. You must see the light through my lens.
    ???: To leave... The rays of fate shall follow their own path.
    ???: To end this Goruca's life, and there shall be blood upon your hands.
    ???: To end this Arrai-Veretel's life, a people shall have a poisoned fate.
    ???: My pulse, there is only one choice. You must do the option best for the people.

Killing Captain Goruca:
    Arrai-Veretel: Human, you might not feel nice, but what is needed can sometimes not be nice, in the end.
    ???: My pulse, you are worthy!

There might be some questions here, so I'll try to answer some:
    How is Captain Goruca in Leadin with Arrai-Veretel?
    This is a hypothetical scenario presented by Orphion, so it doesn't have to follow every piece of canon.

How is Arrai-Veretel right?
    In All Roads to Peace, you learn that the orcs aren't truly the savage people the villagers show you to be, and also how the Villagers invaded the Llevigar Plains and treated the orcs like garbage for the past hundreds of years. If the Villagers won and decided all of the terms, then they would have basically reduced the orcs to be nothing more than an animal-like species.

Won't this spoil All Roads to Peace for some people?
    This would not be so much of spoiling, as it would be more of foreshadowing. In Blazing Retribution, Detective Jackson says that he hopes Gorgu (will be changed to Arrai-Veretel probably in 2.0) won't catch wind of what happened to Gregg'r (will be changed to Rai-Poxper in 2.0). Not to mention, Taproot and All Roads to Peace are two levels apart, so you can do ARtP soon after RoL 2 is finished.

What about spoiling All Roads to Peace for people who want to experience in by themselves in Wynncraft 2.0?
    Ok, that's actually a pretty good point. I did put a fairly recognizable spoiler warning at the top of the post, but I suppose I will put a few more just to be safe.

So yeah. Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  2. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Make agility great again

Minecraft:
    This is actually a good idea
    Isnt this a Wynncraft 2 spoiler tho?

3. Da Homeboi

Minecraft:
    I updated the thread a bit so its even more evident that it is a 2.0 spoiler. Thanks for the feedback.

luckeyLuuk and Potatomancer like this.
  4. Da Homeboi

Minecraft:
    bump10char

5. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I kinda get tried of this, so I'm just going to say this here, the choice you make in a Realm of Light 2 isn't supposed to be a moral choice. The whole point is Orphion is attempting to test if you are willing to do whatever it takes, not your moral values, he wants to know if you can kill when needed regardless of moral values.

Also, as for the "big mech suits" pretty simple answer, you need a power source. That's kinda what the humans are for, to power the Golems. He can't power big mech suits with good feelings and the power of friendship.

Da Homeboi likes this.
  6. Da Homeboi

Minecraft:
    Pretty fair criticisms. My main issue here though is that to a new player, this will feel pretty confusing to them, and my scenario does feel like it offers something similar to that value, just with less confusion overall, as all the choices feel equal.

And yeah looking at it now, I think what I kinda meant to say is why not just make these robots without fleshcrafting? Then again, look at the Corkians, so your point stands.

Thanks for the criticism.