1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Quest Idea: Bob's Runic Weapon

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Samsam101, Dec 1, 2019 at 8:20 AM.

?

Would the weapon be too OP?

1. of course i mean what the hell were you thinking

84.6%
  2. nah

15.4%
  1. Samsam101

Samsam101 Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    This level 110 quest would be centred around the player finding Bob's weapon and proving themselves worthy of it. It would be a major story quest and basically be Wynncraft's version of the Master Sword. I will talk about how that works later in this thread.
    This quest would take place somewhere in the silent expanse and to start the quest you need to have a Bob's Mythic Weapon.
    Guardian of the weapon: "Hello adventurer. You may have noticed this place is a little less haunting than the rest of your surroundings. Let me explain. This chamber houses the very weapon Bob used in 886 AP to fight Bak'al and defend Ragni. Before he died, he sealed it away here and took a spiritual copy of it. That was before Dern took this place over. However, the power in this chamber has kept a small part of forest here safe from this darkness, waiting for Bob's successor to take its place. You will need to show me that you have Bob's power if you want to be let in. Huh?, What's this? [Bob's mythic [insert weapon type here]]? So you do have Bob's power! Unfortunately I still cannot just let you in. You will need to collect some items for entry. Bring me 1 [Ancient Wynnic Transcriber], 1 [Bob's tear], 1 [Bob's Diary], and 1 [Strengthened Bob's Battle chestplate] then the weapon will deem you worthy."
    (You can get the [Ancient Wynnic transcriber] by finding every Wynn plains secret discovery, and [Bob's tear] is obviously just from Bob the zombie. However, to get [Bob's diary], you require completion of From the bottom. This is what happens when you approach Lodog in Thanos Bazaar.
    Lodog:"Oh, hello again! You're the guy who sold me [Bob's diary]! What brings you here? Oh, you want it back? You're going to have to bring me something of equal value to what i gave you for it. Or maybe even a copy of what i gave you!" Next you need to go into the nether and find the cave of Lethirath. I believe due to PVP mode being added the Nether will no longer be a warzone. Defeat Lethirath, and bring back [Fresh claw of Lethirath, the fire demon] to Lodog. Lodog:"You're back? Oh, it's the claw of Lethirath! Here have the book. You've earned it."
    To get [Strengthened Bob's Battle chestplate], you need to visit the Ternaves Blacksmith who helped you remove Bob's soul from the Depressing Weapons in Bob's Lost Soul and created [Adamantite] according to the item's lore.
    The Blacksmith:"Oh, hello again! what do you need? Oh, it's [Bob's battle chestplate]. Why are you obsessed with Bob? Whatever. It does seem quite damaged. Almost to the point of being beyond repair. Bob's chestplate is made from VERY strong materials. I need you to bring me 1 [Borange Fluff], 1 [Golden Avia feather] and 1 [Tol Rune] to fix it." To get [Borange Fluff] you need to kill the Orange Wybel, To get the [Golden Avia feather] you simply need to kill a Golden Avia and to get the [Tol Rune] you need to do the process explained in the 1.19 quest, The Olmic Rune. The Blacksmith:"You're back? Good. Give me a moment to fix it. There! It's as good as new! Enjoy!"
    Guardian of the weapon:"Welcome back. I knew you would not disappoint me. Go in and test your worth."
    You enter the tomb, and remove the weapon in a dramatic fashion, watching an armor stand of yourself do it.
    Guardian of the weapon:"Congratulations! You are officially Bob's successor! But now, I have 4 more tasks for you. Seek those who taught Bob to be an assassin, an archer, a mage, and a warrior and learn from them in the order Bob did. Before you go, take this. This will make the area you are in prevent you from aging and time will only move on in that area, because you will be training for years. But it will feel like no time at all, so don't worry.
    Head to the excavation pit north of Almuj. As you approach, Bob's runic weapon will react to the area and a temple will appear over the pit, revealing itself to only those who carry the weapon. Enter the temple and learn. Chak's ghost:"Welcome. You may know that I trained Bob in the arts of knavery.You will spend what feels like 5 years learning, but with that pendant the Guardian gave you, it won't feel like any time at all." Next you must battle Chak using a stronger version of [Chakram] and if you win, you get blindness and the screen says: 5 years of training later . Chak's ghost:"You may now leave. Seek Mael Twain, he will teach you archery.
    Travel to the house of twain. As you approach, the weapon reacts to your location and a ghost appears before you. Follow it through the manor, and it will break into the floor, revealing a new room. Mael's ghost: "Greetings. As Chak has done, you will learn archery." Battle Mael using a strengthened [Maelstrom] and upon winning it will once again blind you and say 5 years of training later. Mael's ghost: You are now free to leave. Seek out Ethe, he will teach you the Wand Lore.
    Go to Nivla village. As you enter, the weapon will react once again and you will fall into an unseen pit. Ethe's ghost: "I am Ethe, I will train you in the wand lore. Battle Ethe with a stronger version of [Ethereal], and upon winning you will again be blinded and on your screen will be a message saying 5 years of training later. Ethe's ghost: "It is now time for your final quest. Seek Fier, he shall teach you to use the spear."
    Head to troms. The weapon will react one last time to its surroundings and a new room in the castle will open. Enter, and talk to Fier. Fier's ghost: "Welcome. This is the final step in mastering the arts. Let us begin. Defeat Fier whilst using an enhanced version of [Fierte] and well, you know what comes up on screen. Fier's ghost: "Well done. Now, you will need to head to one last place. Go to the Temple of the Legends. The grand magus will help you with your final step.
    Enter the temple of the legends, and the weapon will react for the last time. A door behind the boss altar will open, and the grand magus will be inside. Grand magus:"Hello, it is I, the grand magus of the Temple of the Legends. What brings you here? WHAT THE? That-that's Bob's weapon! How did you get it?!? Alright. Basically you have been sent so I can help you choose the attacks you want on it. It will forever appear as your current weapon style, and the spells you can cast with it are different." basically what happens next is explained later in the weapon explanation spoiler. The quest ends and you get a crap ton of XP.
    Basically, at the end of the quest, the grand magus allows you to select 4 spells.One for RLR, one for RRR, one for RLL and one for RRL. However, these spells you pick must already be from that combination, so you can't have a heal spell as RRR for instance. Also, to prevent the weapon from being too overpowered, it cannot be used in PVP and has durability that works similarly to the Maser sword from breath of the wild. It cannot be repaired, and when it breaks you have to wait an hour to use it again. It would have 200 durability and would do 500-600 damage, 100-200 rainbow damage (meaning that every element is 100-200) and would have 4 powder slots. it would have a normal attack speed and the requirements would be: Level 110, Completed Bob's runic weapon.
    And that's about it. What do you think? Would it be too overpowered?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 1:38 PM
  2. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world

Minecraft:
    Many -probably most- players do not keep Bob's mythic weapon until endgame. So they would be unable to do this quest at all. The same also goes for Bob's Battle Chestplate if you need that for the portion with the blacksmith. But requiring a non-renewable, non quest item for a quest is a bad idea. In addition, re max level is 103/4, being raised to 105/6, so the quest would be entirely impossible.

Unless I missed it, you don't mention the stats of the weapon at all, so it's hard to say if it's overpowered; if the damage is low, I would assume that it would be a healing item and nothing else (maybe free speed boost) for everyone but mage. That's pretty powerful, but also kind of useless, as low damage would make it unviable in combat. Basically it would be a health potion that never runs out. If the damage were high, it would be easy to use the highest damage spells as well as heal to make an absolutely broken weapon. I feel like you would end up with a lot of weapons with near identical spell combos; heal, escape/teleport, meteor, smoke bomb.

And lastly, this quest feels like Temple of legends; run around grabbing every powerful item and then get an overpowered reward. Orange Wybel is meant to be an endgame challenge- there's a reason it isn't required for a quest.

_TheRealJesus and Dr Zed like this.
  3. Togami_Byakuya

Togami_Byakuya Overlord of The Dern Providence

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Few Notes:
    -It wouldn't be a good idea to use non-quest items for these quests.
    -Please write up the weapon's stats
    -The practicalities of this being an endgame item wouldn't make it viable, nor having it usable for PVP, therefore making the quest basically useless.
    -As said above, it feels like a stretched out fetch quest.
    -Coding the input part of the quest's reward would be extremely complex and difficult to pull off with it being smooth.

4. seeksery

seeksery Wybel Photographer HERO

Minecraft:
    in other words, you have to not complete the From the Bottom quest but have to start it and go through it up until a certain point?
    after all, you trade it to someone else in the quest.
    what are you smoking and where can I get some

5. PatheticFlower

PatheticFlower peter mushroom griffin VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this quest is littered with pointless fetching that would have it easily outrank the grind of doing things like bobs lost soul or temple of legends, and it would just be pointless to be in the game. the story of the quest doesn't have any reason to exist outside of giving the quest a reason, when more recently the philosophy with designing quests has seemed to be build the game play off of the story, as seen with things like dwarves and doguns, and the new time valley quest.

Bast and _TheRealJesus like this.
  6. TheStormLizard

TheStormLizard Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    So, my only question is, the time outside of wherever you are training doesn't pass right? Like you don't just disappear for 20 years training while the rest of the province gets overrun by corrupts? You just disappear for like 20 minutes or some bs wynn excuse that would explain it?

7. Samsam101

Minecraft:
    I never said that this was a 1.19 quest, and also if this quest were to come out then the battle chestplate and mythic weapons would be made quest items, meaning that you could use /fixquests to get them back.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019 at 12:56 PM
  8. TheStormLizard

TheStormLizard Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    that just seems like an lazy excuse to have you training for 20 years so you are "super powerful"

9. Samsam101

Minecraft:
    Maybe you could just say that the knowledge of bob is passed onto you via the weapon and you never get the amulet, and all you need to do is fight the masters

10. Melkor

Minecraft:
    So, more quest items I have to deal with. Also, what would the attack speed and the stats/ powder slots/ requirements be for the weapon?

11. Samsam101

Minecraft:
    I added them, tell me if you think skill point requirements should be added.

12. Melkor

Minecraft:
    https://wynndata.tk/s/gu3iv7
    It does more damage with equivalent skill points than cataclysm. Essentially, this puts every othet item in the game to shame. Even if you included rainbow requirements (making it unavailable to a majority of players), this would still be easily the best weapon in the game by a substantial margin.

13. _TheRealJesus

_TheRealJesus ._.

Minecraft:
    this seems almost possible to make work and would be a struggle to fit in the lore, but.... they quest idea itself sounds alright besides the fact that the weapon is OP