1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Quest Flavor

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Melkor, Jul 2, 2020.

?

Yay, nay or may?

1. Yay

16 vote(s)
    94.1%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. May (what should be changed?)

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Some people write big suggestions, meant to overhaul a major portion of the game or to rework an entire system. Today, I am not one of those people.

In From the Bottom, you run around carrying items from one person to the next in an effort to get... something (?) like a hallucinating stock trader in a poorly arranged, fire filled megamart. The items you carry around are all supposed to be interesting, important items with long and significant histories. Which I assume is why they're literally all plain white-name quest items with no real lores. Just taking a few minutes to add some lore to each of these would make the quest worlds better. Add some writing in Bob's diary. Something like that. Just add some little touches to make the quest more of a lore fodder, "look at the cool tidbits of info" quest than a "run here and get a shiny" quest.

In response to the complaint I know for a fact I will get, yes. This will take time out of the developers' schedules. that's a property of doing things. So would improving or reworking literally any quest, so picking on this in particular is kind of silly. In fact, this would take a lot less time than entirely reworking the quest, and would leave it in a much more interesting and playable state than it is now, and I'd argue that it'd be better to spend their time improving these early Gavel quests than just throwing out new content when the existing content is less fun than listening to the Brandenburg Concertos played on kazoo while an angry, angry monkey beats your forehead with a violin.

2. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    Mmmm finger licking good

3. Theeef

Theeef Self Proclaimed Idiot CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Apply for GM and give it a try for yourself.

Corruptplex likes this.
  4. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I haven't got nearly enough time nowadays.

Theeef likes this.
  5. burble

burble dragon fruit go roar VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    From The Bottom is already kind of a filler quest, but adding lore to the quest will definitely make it more worth-while!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.