1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Pseudo-elemental Powders | Created By Combining Two Powders | V 2.0 Complete!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by rainbowcraft2, Feb 10, 2018.

?

Would you like to see these added?

1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    68.6%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Maybe with changes.

11 vote(s)
    15.7%
  4. Only some of them (Which ones?)

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Other (What are your thoughts?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rainbowcraft2

rainbowcraft2 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Sorry, I missed the wood abilities. I'll address them now.
    Smaller health gain, or will I have to throw this out the window entirely? I'd also like to mention that 2 regular powders == 1 pseudo powder, so it may not be so easy.
    Maybe with a cap of 50% of the mana used?
    It will take defenses into account. It would have the upper hand against most other abilities if it were the only one that ignored elemental resistances.
    Would it be better if it only lasted like 10 seconds after reaching and then had a cooldown of like 30 seconds before it could activate again?

I'll look at it again.
    kk.
    Just to make sure, you realize that this will calculate after the fire damage reduciton, right? Like if you have a 60% damage reduction for fire and take 5000 damage, you would take 5000 * 0.4 == 2000 and then that damage would be reduced more by the powder effect.

If you did realize what I meant, any recommendations for fixing it? Perhaps something like a cap to the amount of damage it can prevent?
    So what I'm getting here is that I need to tweak the powders to prevent one from becoming meta enough to make everything else obsolete.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  2. Shots

Shots Captain of the SS Masochist HERO

Minecraft:
    It'd be easy for high level people who loot run a lot (I used to). Also, yeah I think it needs to ditched because either way it is making spell spam ish builds negate any -lifesteal or negative hr.

Possibly yeah

Ok thanks for clairifcation

It would make it much less abusable with the cooldown yeah. Of course if you're careful enough you could still do a ton of earth damage and have dodge chance with this, but it would be a lot more dangerous to use all the time. The time might be a bit to high so maybe like 25 seconds should be fine.
    If I understand what you're saying, yes I did understand. What I'm getting is it takes your defense FIRST and then applies damage reduction, which is still broken imo because then you would take 2000/3 instead of 5000/3 (660-700 vs. 1600-1700 damage taken) if this isn't what you mean though then no I don't realize what you're saying. The cap would be nice so the defense doesn't get to out of hand.
    Yes because even though Curse and Courage are referred to as usually the best powder special on weapons, they all have their specific situations when they are better than the others including on armour (except wind prison people only have wind prison because they're putting air powders for increased air damage). We don't want them to become non-existent, but we want them to become balanced enough to where one won't overall always outweigh the others like for example something like "Vitality" currently will.

3. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    Actually, 1.5% damage reduction for every 5% of your health remaining means that (if you are at full health) you get 20*1.5% damage reduction; meaning damage you take is reduced by 30%. So you would be taking 2000 * 0.7 == 1400 damage instead of taking 2000 damage. And without the Fire defense, you get 5000 * 0.7 == 3500 damage instead of 5000 damage. However, after the nerfing I did, the maximum damage reduction is 20%, so you would be taking 1600 damage with that same fire defense and 4000 without that defense.

I'll start thinking of a new ability to replace Vitality.

4. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    *Mankind was a strange creation... they had amazing intellect, yet were foolish enough to doubt their own creator...*

5. Theeef

Theeef Grand Shaper of Elloweer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel like the wood armor passive could be a bit too op. With a a spell spam build, or any with decent mana regen, you could heal yourself pretty easily

Also majority of the weapon abilities just seem like “extra damage” basically... Aether one is good, the rest not so much in my opinion.

Overall I like the concept.

rainbowcraft2 likes this.
  6. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    The "Extra damage" Is the remnants of when these had their own damage types with new damage resistances/weaknesses. They converted a percent of certain damage you dealt into their own type of damage. I didn't change them too much when I simplified them.

Theeef likes this.
  7. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    I have remade both Wood abilities. Let me know what you think of them.