1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Proffession Level On Quests Is An Issue

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aya, Jan 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok so probably most of you already noticed this:
    2021-01-28_18.05.08.png

So this is an issue
    Why is it an issue? Because Salted once stated this:
    Source: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/overall-feedback-on-wynncraft-and-its-current-state.274477/

What this says is that professions were planned so that only a part of the playerbase would touch them, and that most people would avoid them
    This means professions were supposed to be optional, right? Well these quests say fuck you, you are gonna deforestate and you are gonna like it
    "But it is only up to level 20!"
    Yeah you see, that fixes nothing
    It is still about a full hour of grinding when all three professions are put together, and the issue isn't that the level is too high, the issue is that you have to do this grind to begin with
    They are pushing professions to the main game and this looks like it won't be that big of a deal until someone goes crazy and says "Yeah let's put level 60 mining requirement, which takes a few hours of grind yeah that's fun" or does this to many, many quests, the possibility is there

Decide, are proffessions supposed to be optional or a main game mechanic? This bothers me because I'm on the side that believes that proffessions are better off as a completely optional thing, I don't like mindless grinding and I would prefer this wouldn't be a thing honestly

And it bothers me on extra because of that statement from Salted, I would shrug it off and say "the game ain't for me I guess" if not for the fact the man who leads the game claimed that proffessions are supposed to be an optional thing only a few people would use

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  2. SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh aaaaaaaaaaaa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like profs but yeah I think quest requirements based on prof levels is a bit much, I definitely agree it shouldn't be a thing

3. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Profs are just another part of the game, it’s like saying to remove all combat from all quests because not everyone likes it. I really dont see a problem with adding prof reqs to few quests, no one said that you need 100% completed quests

4. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    They aren't "just another part of the game" and you know it. They are bad content. In fact, they aren't content at all. In their current state, they don't have any place in quests and arguably not in the game either. If the developers want to integrate professions into the main gameplay loop, they should be made actually fun first. And no, just because some people find them fun, does not mean that they are in any way good and especially not that you should force this "fun" onto other players in other parts of the game.
    No, it's like not wanting a 128 mob long grind section in quests. Equating professions to all of combat is nonsense. No quest requires the player to grind mobs for half an hour beforehand, nor does any quest require the player to lootrun for half an hour, nor half an our of hunting discoveries and especially not half an hour of guild wars.
    Arguments like this make zero sense. "If you don't like it then don't play it" does not answer the question whether the decision to add professions to quests was a good decision in the first place. Besides, the game should make the players want to play it. If a player wants to play any certain piece of content, but is prevented from doing so by a completely arbitrary mechanic that adds very little (read: nothing) to said piece of content, then that piece of content is wasted and the restriction would be better off removed.

5. ramenstew

ramenstew professional idiot HERO

Minecraft:
    Gonna have to agree with @Stormarend , the reqs in place are a hassle and take around an hour. They shouldn't push profs to the main game, even though I'm somewhat fond of them.

6. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The issue isn't "If you don't like it, don't play it"
    The issue is that quests are main content, proffessions aren't, and yet proffessions are getting shoved into quests when noone asked for it and everyone asked for fetch quests to get removed because they are just a boring grind, right? They have been getting rid of these kind of quests (or at least have been trying to make them more fun) for a reason, right? If that's the case, why bring it back? Noone asked for this and even the person who owns the server made a statement not long ago that only reinforces my point

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  7. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 Josuke Higashikata (def not the part 8 one) CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I personally am okay with prof level on quests though (as long as it doesn't take 10 hours beforehand), and I guess no one sane would ask for a mining level 100 req for a quest.
    But, yes,
    this has to be dealt with first, no "content" should be just clicking for 46732649713 hours without your brain cells staying alive, and no content should be locked behind a tedious af grind.

MrYoghurt2004 and Aya like this.
  8. quick007

quick007 Master Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    actually there's a really good suggestion on an "unleveled" mode in wynncraft

9. Pyrect

Pyrect yes its me the one who enjoys playing warrior

Minecraft:
    I completely agree. We shouldn't be forced to do so-called optional content. I don't want to have my soul ripped out of my body for an hour straight on every playthrough, just cos I want 100% quest completion. Sure, teach new players about professions, give the option. But don't force midgame players to do them. Or, they can just completely rework professions in a way which surprises you in ways.

10. TrapinchO

TrapinchO the observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    I have to completely agree with this.

This could start a dangerous trend in Wynncraft, which could result in professions being forced on lv.70+ levels, which would repel normal people from doing them. Also iirc it was clearly stated that you are not supposed to do professions on all classes. Guess what are you forced into now...

To simply solve it:
    Remove the requirements, but keep the actions. You want to buy the mats from TM? Thats fine, you can do it. You have another class that has professions? Ok, bring it in!
    Also (not 100% sure) in some cases it should be definitely possible to just removed them from the quest and make it an added.
    Afaik in Rise of Quartron you need mining at the end of the quest to open profession grind spot. Why not end the quest earlier and give the player the possibility to open it if they want. Simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.