1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Professions Mob (needs Feedback) [updated]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by ParkourTNT, Jan 23, 2019.

?

Do you want this to be add?

1. Yes

54.8%
  2. Maybe (Any ideas of how to improve)

12.9%
  3. No (Why?)

29.0%
  4. I don’t know

3.2%
  5. Yes [Second idea]

6.5%
  6. Maybe (Any ideas of how to imropve) [Second idea]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. No (Why?) [Second idea]

6.5%
  8. I don’t know [Second idea]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParkourTNT

ParkourTNT Wynncraft will have houses one day HERO

Minecraft:
    Note: Ignore the last four votes.

What is the mob?

It's a neutral mob that spawns after gathering a lot of nodes (it depends on chances and the level of material), when killed you'll receive professions XP and three tier 2 or one tier 3 materials. It's to make the players who grind for a long time a refresh from gathering even if it was a little bit (by clicking on a mob instead of a node :/) and a little bit of prize.

Information about the mob:
    1. The mob won't spawn if there is already a mob that has spawned around 100 (?) blocks.
    2. There are 44 kinds of this mob, each for its own level/material (Ex: Mob lv. 5 wood or mob Lv. 15 wheat).
    3. Every material will have its unique design but the levels will only different on strength (you'll need to design only four mobs and the other ones will be the same version but with a buff)
    4. The mob won't need to necessarily be strong.

How does it exactly spawns?
    The chances to spawn the mob raises every time you gather a node (the same node) and when it spawns it will reset the chances. The chances will stay zero if there is already a mob 100 blocks from the node you gathered.
    Here's an example
    1. Materials level 1,10 every time you gather a node the chances to spawn the mob will rise by 0.1482% until it gets to 20% which means you’ll need to use tools 135 times to get 20% chance to spawn the mob (If you got 45 weight limits you can gather 135 materials with three loops of going forth and back to the bank/refinery).
    2. Materials level 20,30 every time you gather a node the chances to spawn the mob will rise by 0.1588% until it gets to 20% which means you’ll need to use tools 126 times to get 20% chance to spawn the mob (If you got 85 weight limit you can gather 126 materials with three loops of going forth and back to the bank/refinery).
    3. Materials level 40,50 every time you gather a node the chances to spawn the mob rise by 0.122% until it gets to 15% which means you’ll need to use tools 123 times to get 15% chance to spawn the mob (If you got 125 weight limit you can gather 123 materials with three loops of going forth and back to the bank/refinery).
    4. Materials level 60,70 every time you gather a node the chances to spawn the mob will rise by 0.122% until it gets to 15% which means you’ll need to use tools 123 times to get 15% chance to spawn the mob (If you got 165 weight limit you can gather 123 materials with three loops of going forth and back to the bank/refinery).
    5. Materials level 80,90 every time you gather a node the chances to spawn the mob will rise by 0.0814% until it gets to 10% which means you’ll need to use tools 123 times to get 10% chance to spawn the mob (If you got 205 weight limit you can gather 123 materials with three loops of going forth and back to the bank/refinery).
    6. Materials level 100,110 every time you gather a node the chances to spawn the mob will rise by 0.0834% until it gets to 10% which means you’ll need to use tools 120 times to get 10% chance to spawn the mob (If you got 245 weight limit you can gather 120 materials with three loops of going forth and back to the bank/refinery).
    Summary for the example: When you gather nodes the mob has a ?% chance of spawning and it will rise every time you gather a specific node for it to spawn until it reaches the ?% that it was decided for.

Answers to some arguments:
    1. I don't want some random mob to spawn and ruin my peaceful gathering.
    -A lot of grinding spots have mobs, and even if this mob spawns it won't be strong Ex: A level 5 player can kill profession mob lv. 15 without so much trouble. This mob is meant to be a prize not some random mob that spawns to stop you from gathering.
    2. It will lower the cost for materials tier 2,3.
    -This is a downside to the players who wants to sell and make a bigger profit but it's also a good way to less the RNG on professions.

Note: I'm not saying that those answers are 100% correct and you can't use the arguments, I just want to point out what I think of these problems. Of course, if you have any feedback on my answers, I would be happy to hear it.

Credit to weshuiz13 for the original idea (thread).

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  2. GunterLord@

[email protected] Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Why mages as fish?

3. BerriiBunnii

BerriiBunnii Sleepy Sleepy Bunny VIP

Minecraft:
    Maybe cause fish live in the water, the water skill is for intelligence which gives us more mana, and mages use a lot of mana. At least thats what I assumed? Idk.

4. CrazyDav3

CrazyDav3 ą̶̡̡̢̩͎̬̟̳̦̦͆̈͗̽̋͘͠ VIP+

Minecraft:
    Finally with this, we dont have to spend 70 hrs maxing 1 profession.

We can spend 69!

FrozenBear and trex1611 like this.
  5. SaltyKing

SaltyKing Salty As All Hell HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So if i stab the lorax.... I get wood cutting exp?

Not sure i follow this one...

I'm just ganna stick with supporting profession mini quests and not ... stabbing the lorax for exp...

6. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    What is lorax? and it’s not stabbing it’s a mob that you need to kill, it will appear after you use your tools and when you kill it it will drop xp professtion and materials, and why not chose both professions quests and mobs?

7. Ktend

Ktend What..... WHAT THE FU-

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wouldnt it respawn and kill u while ur farming?!??!

8. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    ....It’s neutral
    And it won’t spawn again if there was already one spawned
    Edit: Also no need to make him so strong (i will add this thanks)

9. Ktend

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If it neutral then why even add it?

10. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    So it will be eaiser to level up your professions (?) from 100 hours to 99 hours?

11. Ktend

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ooo ok

12. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    Ummm so why do you disagree with the idea? (Just asking because you still voted for no, no need to answer if you don’t want to :))

13. SaltyKing

SaltyKing Salty As All Hell HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you don't know the lorax is?
    @Goden I think you have a job to do...

Goden likes this.
  14. weshuiz13

weshuiz13 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    this is what comminity is all about :)

ReneCZ likes this.
  15. Goden

Goden Viceroy of the Foxes HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    :eyes:

16. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    Okay.... but why do you disagree with this thread? is it because lorax is smiliar to the mob? if so tell me whats annoying about this mob and i will try to fix it, if it’s something else i will be happy to hear it also no need to take only professions quests you can take both the quests and mobs.Sorry if i seemed annoying, i just want this thread to evolve into a better one and be supported :)

17. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

No thanks, as killing things doesn't equal farming in my book

18. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    What do you mean by “killing things doesn't equal farming”, i don’t really know what do you mean but this mob won’t spawn frequently and it’s neutral it’s a minimob that spawns after you gather a lot of materials so think of it as a prize for gathering so many materials (the prize is xp and good materials).

19. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

I just don't thinks it makes sense to level up farming and stuff for killing mobs, and I kind of like just grinding it out

SaltyKing likes this.
  20. StewieCman

StewieCman Adept Fortress Designer VIP+

Minecraft:
    no. To me this idea sounds like someone who doesn't want to do the work of actually getting the resource, something different from grinding mobs, and just wants to grind, not doing anything new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.