1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Post-Dungeon Boss Line of Text

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by ZomBDestroyer06, Jul 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZomBDestroyer06

ZomBDestroyer06 Travelled Adventurer

I was thinking that in order to add extra content to post-dungeon completion, there could be a line of text revealing how the boss is alive again after you have defeated them.

I went through all dungeon bosses and brainstormed post-dungeon text lines for each boss

Witherhead: *As you leave the dungeon, you hear the wails of Witherhead being reborn*

Arkadicus: *As you leave the dungeon, you hear the muffled shrieks of Arkadicus being reborn*

Garoth: *As you leave the dungeon, you hear the distant hiss of Garoth being reborn*

Charon: *As you leave the dungeon, you hear the underworld scream as Charon is being reborn*

Hashr: *As you leave the dungeon, you hear the blood-curdling roars of Hashr being reborn*

Theorick: *As you leave the dungeon, you hear the bone-chilling cry of Theorick being reborn*

A little special ones for the later game dungeon bosses (I also ran out of synonyms for scream)

Skylaar: *As you leave the dungeon, you notice the plants start the writhe as Skylaar is being reborn*

Redbeard: *As you leave the dungeon, you notice the waves start to ripple as Redbeard is being reborn*

Antykythera: *As you leave the dungeon, you hear distant clanks and drilling as Antykythera is being rebuilt*

For the Eye I didn't know what sound it made, so I made one up:

*As you leave the dungeon, you hear the defeated wail of the Eye as it is being reborn*

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  2. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Or there could just be some NPC explaining that every time you reenter a dungeon you're reliving a memory of your first time going through

cmosier likes this.
  3. Lousyre

Lousyre Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The lines don't actually explain why they're still alive, so either change them, or the suggestion itself. In this form, they're bland, repetitive and tell you what you'll already know when you enter the dungeon a 2nd time.

Da Homeboi, Emogla3 and Ninja_VK like this.
  4. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    add a poll, also "reborn" sounds realllly boring lol

Ninja_VK likes this.
  5. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't know if there should be anything at all. Being able to replay the dungeons is there purely for simple gameplay reasons. There probably shouldn't be any real explanation for it, it's the same for bosses respawning and even boss altars

6. MagikMako

MagikMako Professional Profession Hater

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That doesn't actually explain anything though.

TrapinchO likes this.
  7. IBetterthanU

IBetterthanU Skilled Adventurer

Thomas the train starts chugging as he is reborn

cmosier, Samsam101 and Ninja_VK like this.
  8. Pyrect

Pyrect yes its me the one who enjoys playing warrior VIP

Minecraft:
    Pyrect starts flapping as he is reborn

9. TrapinchO

TrapinchO the observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    1) you canonically kill it, since then the barrier is down and it is never up again (on the same class)
    2) The Eye is not a "normal" being, it cannot be just "reborn". It comes from the beast.

Also please add a poll

Emogla3 and TS_potato like this.
  10. EvanOrizam

EvanOrizam Just your average Fruman supersoldier. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *Prayers to Lari start resounding through the building as EvanOrizam is reborn*

Samsam101 likes this.
  11. ZomBDestroyer06

ZomBDestroyer06 Travelled Adventurer

correct, they do sound repetitive and bland, but it would just be a small tidbit added to add a little bit more detail to the game. I am considering changing them up to make them more unique to each dungeon, like the undergrowth ruins and Galleons Graveyard texts. Things around the area that would change as the boss is being respawned. I appreciate the criticism

12. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Add
    A
    Poll

also they aren't needed, they don't assist the lore since u kill it legit forever, and its really repetitive. so yeah no

Slpc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.