1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds Please, Help Us Fix Guilds.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Pally, May 1, 2020.

?

What do you think about this situation?

1. I love guilds, and I believe that this issue should be addressed and finally fixed

2. I love guilds, but I don't think this is our biggest issue right now

3. I feel neutral toward this.

4. I dislike guilds, though I do agree that this issue needs to be addressed

5. I dislike guilds, and believe that wynn should put its resources elsewhere

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pally

Pally Former Titans Valor [ANO] Owner HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump10char

2. Pifg

Pifg aaaaaaaaaaaa CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yes please. Just putting some more attention into guilds would only be beneficial to the community. As you can see by the poll on this thread, practically everyone agrees. Everyone in the guild community is just tired of being ignored for so long, and just want to see SOMETHING done to prove that we're seen as important members of the wynn community too. I understand that the developers may be working on the next huge update, but as a former moderator on another server and someone who's been playing on servers for a long long time, I've always believed that bugs need to be addressed and fixed before any new content is released. I feel that making sure your current features actually work properly should definitely take priority over implementing new features to potentially break and require attention as well.

TL;DR: guilds are feeling neglected and want to be recognized as important members of the community, and bug fixes should always take priority over new content.

Pally likes this.
  3. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump10char

4. PopePurpleTTV

PopePurpleTTV *:^)=Immortal=(^:* Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

Remember, only game.

TheOtherJo, Pally and Pifg like this.
  5. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump10char

6. PopePurpleTTV

Minecraft:
    It's almost saddening yet, heart warning that @Novalescent is being a sweaty nerd by making a whole new guild system. (At least it appears that way from the screenshot) and still no staff replies.

THOUGH I WILL GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT IS DUE

Some of the commands work now, more info is given in guilds like: /guild stats

(It was working earlier, rip if it isn't now.) So nice job on that staff team

Pally and Novalescent like this.
  7. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Your first assumption gone wrong was that you think I'm a sweaty nerd! >:(

Pally and PopePurpleTTV like this.
  8. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Its a compliment I swear

PopePurpleTTV likes this.
  9. PopePurpleTTV

Minecraft:
    I never said that... :saltedhigh:

10. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    :(

11. PopePurpleTTV

Minecraft:
    I'm joking Pally :P

Nova is a pretty cool dude or dudette, working hard to make guilds awesome. To make housing a thing. S/he is my hero.

Pally likes this.
  12. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump10char

13. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Give me more time plz.

Pally likes this.
  14. SwellowBirdJesus

SwellowBirdJesus Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe just me, but i feel like it would be fun at lvl 70+ to be forced into hunted so its like guilds could actively fight each other outside of safe areas. This way would allow for guilds to be more tight knit and working together to survive.

15. PopePurpleTTV

Minecraft:
    That'd probably require that you don't loose gear, like ID weapons/armor/acc in hunted then

16. APersonWasHere

APersonWasHere But who? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So I'm just gonna go ahead and give my lame opinion on the matter coming from someone not so prominent in the community, so please bear with me on this.

I honestly don't remember the first guild I joined except that it grew inactive. It actually drove me to quit the game for a bit because I felt a total loss of the community that I was a part of. When I came back, the guild was just completely gone and I joined a new one that I have been in ever since. I did take a short hiatus between then and now due to school stuff, but because of the community I've found myself in I've actually felt compelled to play the game. Guilds really never served a true purpose outside of a community aspect and I honestly think they never will be something more for one reason or another. I honestly don't think that's a big problem; there is a bit of an overarching "community" on the server with some of the more well-known players, but newer players and people who aren't as well known can have guilds as a smaller clique that they fit into. This can break down for much bigger guilds that develop a hierarchy (which is one of the big causes of toxicity) but I can say in my experience, it's never been an issue. That being said, it doesn't mean that guilds aren't problematic.

THIS. War at this point has pretty much just become "to the rich go the spoils." Smaller guilds have absolutely no chance of keeping a territory for a decent period of time because a bigger guild will just come along and take it. If the smaller guild eventually takes it back, then the bigger guild will just do the same. In the end this just leads the richest guild winning because they have enough money to keep defending the region.

I don't know about something like random guild challenges like a weekly/monthly thing because I feel it might just make guilds a mean-to-an-end for content and rewards, but having something like predetermined awards for doing something specific (i.e. war with your guild, do dungeons with your guild) could be a great idea. Something where you can add new ones over time but not every week/month where it makes players feel like "hm, do I really wanna do xyz for this reward with my guild? Naaah, don't feel like it. I'll just participate next week." Make it meaningful by having it be limited and still give players a choice of content to do while forcing player interaction.

I don't like this idea for the same reason I don't like war right now; it feels too rewarding for richer guilds. Yes, I know there isn't much to spend guild money on other than war and banners, but still rewarding richer guilds with more powerful boosts (even if its very slight) I do not like.

This is all I have to say right now. If I have any other ideas/opinions I'll be sure to share.

17. Vix

Vix Travelled Adventurer

Currently playing through my first character but from what i’ve heard guilds sound completely unrewarding.

Not enough experience with them to make any more comments, so will update when i have done. For now, i agree they should be changed.

18. Sheepn

Sheepn life CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As a person who has done thousands of wars, and spent most of my time in guilds, I completely agree that they need to be revamped. Warring is pretty unsatisfying, due to alliances and the nature of defending, where cheap level fifty mobs is the meta. I think changing what happens in wars, or how you hold a territory could get more guilds interested. Additionally, there should be some new features that make guilds more than just a permanent party. There are plenty of amazing ideas in the community, and in this thread, that should be implemented so that the average player can get a bit more out of an active guild that just a nice community.

19. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The "kill x mobs" war system just sucks. Throw it out the window, please do something else. Completely different. The current system is beyond saving. It lacks any sort of challenge while being a battle of persistence.

Thanks.

StormKing3 likes this.
  20. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think it's definitely sometimes challenging but most battles are just kill 1000 weak mobs which takes like 10 minutes of constant and boring clicking, so yeah it should definitely be changed. Surprised the only thing a mod has done with this thread is critique someone for tagging the guy who made Wynncraft. I would like their input and response ideally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.