1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Pirate Ships!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Potatomancer, Jun 10, 2021.

?

Good idea?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. The pirate ship part

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. The dubloon part (explain how you would get them below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Potatomancer

Potatomancer There is no war within Fruman Walls

Minecraft:
    Basically, add ships that randomly spawn around the ocean and hold decent loot and a special item called doubloons. Doubloons are leveled currency that can be sold at a special merchant in Selchar for emeralds, powders, and special items. The last one would be given via an identifier style animation, where it would replace your doubloons for an item.
    “Oh but Potatomancer, there are going to be people that complain that having stuff locked behind special tasks is stupid.”
    Well, they suck. A lot. So just ignore them.

Pirate ships can range between level 20 and level 100. The color of their sails would dictate the level they are.
    Color coordination:
    Light Green: 20-30
    Dark Green: 31-40
    Yellow: 41-50
    Orange: 51-60
    Red: 61-70
    Brown: 71-80
    Purple: 81-90
    Black: 91-100

There can only be at least 5 ships in the ocean per world. The Ships can come with a certain amount of floors, ranging from 1-3 floors (minus the top deck). The floors before the last would have multiple t1-2 chests, but the last one can hold at least 3 t3-4 chests.

Ideas for doubloons rewards (I’ll come up with equipment later)(also the level dependent items scale with the doubloon level you used to get them):
    Tangkelp: Traps nearby enemies in place for 3 seconds
    Potion of Water Breathing: Acts like the vanilla variant
    Recall Pearl: When in the Ocean, teleports you to the nearest major island (extremely rare reward)
    Potion of the Raging Waves: Gain strength and speed 1 for 5-15 seconds (depends on level)
    Magic Driftwood: A woodworking ingredient that increases durability by 10-50s and raw spell damage by 5-100 (both depends on level). Decreases raw melee damage by 100-300 (depends on level.
    Barreled Abyss: A potionmaking ingredient meant to be a flipping item which decreases everything around it by 10-500%, at the cost of decreased duration by 50-100s.
    (Equipment goes here)

And that’s it! Criticism appreciated.

2. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    this would be pretty cool, but i think a quest would be needed to introduce the ship tiers to newer players so a lvl 20 player doesnt stumble onto a lvl 100 one and be confused on why they were 1-shot. also, would they be randomly generated? idk if wynn can do that

3. Potatomancer

Minecraft:
    1. I guess that makes sense, a citizen could also explain it.
    2. Yes
    3. True

4. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    ok lets be honest, was i the only one who read citizen dialogue? literally all of my friends ignore them and miss out on a ton of whats happening. i feel like it would have to be pretty obvious an hard to miss, and a citizen probably wouldn't cut it

dr_carlos likes this.
  5. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine Killing the Eye and Dr. Legendary bc I’m bored lol VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    would the pirate ships (including their sail colors, levels, mobs, layout, etc) be randomly generated, and would this happen every hour/server restart/whatever, and would the pirate ships be different for every world?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Potatomancer likes this.
  6. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really like this idea, sounds like fun content but Im not sure if randomly generated ships would be possible to spawn them

7. Potatomancer

Minecraft:
    They’re the same in every world, and yeah they would change every server restarts it wouldn’t lag the entire world. Only the amount of levels, location, and sail color would be randomized. The mob layout would be the same for every ship.

8. Sir_Doomed

Sir_Doomed Sole supporter of an expanded Realm of Light

Minecraft:
    Maybe make them set to your level, like the corrupted dungeon bosses?

Also there could be custom chests with different rewards/ reward tables

9. Da_Homeboi

Da_Homeboi Happy Pride Month!

Minecraft:
    I think instead of it being randomly generated, maybe instead there could be a daily port of a major coastal city (Nemract, Selchar, Llevigar, or Pirate Cove) that has a ship to bring you to the pirate ship instead could work much better instead of it being randomly generated, not to mention its less of a code heap for the CT.

10. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yea me too lol

AlleonVera likes this.
  11. StormKing3

StormKing3 Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Brilliant idea that will be difficult to implement, but it sounds very fun and you have my whole support. 5 ships per world may be a touch too few though, maybe 10-15 would be better but I'm not sure of the scale in my head.

How very creative of you! Good job :)