1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Options Menu

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Xeabia, May 10, 2021.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yep Yep

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Yes to the QoL toggles, no to the ones that can change up Spells

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Sure, with a few changes (explain what below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Neigh I say

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Xeabia

Xeabia A creative mind who's clumsy as heck HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So, I was working on a long Forums Project that was a bunch of Class Suggestions that was 30000+ words long, and 140000+ characters, and I was notified to cut it into smaller pieces and space them out to not make people read a wall of text, or flood General Suggestions. In the process of this project, there were a lot of things that I felt like should be toggled on or off, in case some people didn't like certain aspects. So, with that, and the feeling that there should be a lot of things that should be toggled for quality of life, the idea of an Options Menu was born.

Options Menu: When you right click your compass, there’ll be a new tab on the menu in the shape of a grey gear. Clicking on it gives you a list of things you can disable or enable. Like for instance, Warrior’s Uppercut making enemies rise up or not. Warrior’s Bash no longer deals Knockback. Aura no longer makes particles that can cause lag with a big group of people. Grade 2+ Teleport no longer deals damage that can trigger neutral enemies. You can also disable Major IDs, like Hawkeye no longer changing Arrow Storm and it’s DPS, Magnet no longer pulling items, or disabling Guardian Major ID so that you don’t get it from Nexus of Light’s Ophanim 3’s Power Up. Etc., etc. You could also reassign how spells are activated, like changing the sequence of Left and Right Clicks needed to activate each spell. There's an entire list below of what could be on there. (Assume this applies to the VIP variants of the class also, unless it specifies that the VIP variant is what has to be changed.) This could also be used for any alternative spells people plan to impediment, like say in the future, reworking War Scream to be an AOE rather than a projectile while giving an option for people to use the old and different version. (*wink* Warrior Kinda Sucks, Let's Fix That. from @JaydonTheWarrior *wink*) Each Option will be indicated by different items to click on when toggles, and hovering your cursor over it will give a description of what will be toggled, with a check sign to show if it’s toggled or not. For the items indicating toggles, a Weapon depending on your class for Spells. An Eye of Ender will indicate Particle or Sound Effects. Colored Glass for Messages. An Ender Pearl for Major IDs. And other items that depict what they'll change. I’ll also give a description as to why some of these Options affect Gameplay/Combat instead of just outright suggesting that they need to be changed across the entire server. However, most of the visual based ones are self explanatory. Mostly, it comes down to niches. (Also, it think it would be good to also have some command toggles be put in this menu also, so that options are more streamlined)

Here's a bunch of things that can effect Spells

Disable the sound effects of Spells cast by the player, and makes it so that other players can’t hear it.

Warrior’s Bash no longer deals Knockback. (Some Warriors think Knockback is bad since it hurts DPS, but some like it due to it helping Warrior’s survivability or not getting hit.) (Changes the basic design of the class)

Warrior’s Charge no longer deals Damage. (Most of the Movement Spells here have an option not to deal damage, due to them triggering Neutral Mobs *Rymek flashbacks*)

Warrior’s Uppercut will always be at Grade 1. (Similar to Bash, a lot of people don’t like it diminishing Warrior’s DPS, but a niche of people might like Uppercut “stunning” a mob to move away from them.)
    (Changes the basic design of the class)

You no longer launch yourself upwards when Shifting while using Warrior Uppercut. (This is due to prevent activating this, and informs anyone reading this that Shifting does change Uppercut slightly)

Archer’s Escape no longer has Slow Fall. (To make Archer Movement Spell be quicker, but some prefer the control of moving in midair.)

Archer’s Escape Surprise Strike no longer deals damage.

Grade 3 Archer’s Bomb Arrow no longer bounces. (Some might think Bomb Arrow might miss it’s target if it keeps on bouncing away instead of the burst that would have hit them if it exploded on contact. But some might want
    (Changes the basic design of the class)

Ninja’s Shadow Clone no longer leaves a copy of you.

Assassin’s Swipe effects don’t appear for Multihit anymore.

Assassin’s Smoke Bombs makes a lot less particles. (Same applies to other players from their POV)

Mage’s Teleport will no longer deal damage.

Mage’s Meteor particle lines will be straight downwards, but the angle of Meteor is still random. (This is just to get a better more parallel visual to where Meteor will land, without changing how Meteor operates. However, some might be confused on the inaccuracy of the particle line from the actual trajectory of the Meteor.) (Changes the visuals of the spell too much)

Mage’s Ice Snake visually only goes up 1 block, but still has the same hitboxes.

Shaman’s Haul no longer deals damage.

Shaman’s Aura no longer makes particles. (Same applies to other players from their POV)

All 2nd Spells for all classes can’t deal damage.

A bunch of Major IDs you can disabled so that they don’t work when you equip an item/Power Up, that has it. (I’m looking at you Magnet, :eyes:) (Only Magnet can be disabled, as it changes the point of even using an item or gaining a Raid buff with the ID)

You can reconfigure spell combos after clicking this and assign what L and R inputs are needed for each one to be cast.

You can reconfigure input needed for Basic Attack to use your weapon.

Here’s also a bunch of Quality of Life options that you can toggle on or off.

You no longer send duel or trade requests when crouching. (*cough* Overseer Invisible Maze Room *cough*)

You no longer pick up Emeralds.

You no longer pick up Normal Items.

Mobs don’t target you within 30 seconds of gathering a resource. (Like how the same happens when looting a Chest. While there should be some awareness while harvesting, I feel like it’s more of a pest or chore than anything, but that’s my take on it.)

Any enemy who’s been hit from other players can’t die from you, unless everyone who hit it once has dealt enough damage to get drops. (So more tokens/drops/kills can be get from a group overall)

Trader NPCs no longer make chat messages.

You cannot use your weapon or cast spells when talking to NPCs, clicking buttons, or right clicking to activate things. (Seriously, this has always been a bug for me, and I have to equip an Emerald in my mainhand to activate certain quest sequences.)

You no longer get a notification when you don’t have enough Mana for a spell.

You no longer get a notification when you can’t Teleport because you were too close to a wall.

You can disable Guild Bank messages.

You can change the dialog system back to the Old Pre - 1.20.2 version. It is apparently not possible to toggle the old dialog system in Wynncraft.

You can have your compass point to the Guild Territory that your guild started and under the lowest one on the countdown.

You no longer can make purchases in the Trade Market if you cannot afford the trade with the money in your current inventory. (So that you don’t take money from your bank and only take whatever money you take out with you for the trade)

A notification will appear if there is a Rare mob found nearby you within 30 blocks.

A notification will appear that you’ve found a Mythic from a mob drop. (This should honestly be a permanently added thing tho, God forbid if you just left a Mythic drop by accident)

Here's also some photos of the GUI made by the great
    @dr_carlos, seriously, massive shout outs to them. :3

Example of where the Options Menu tab would be.
    [​IMG]
    Various examples of the toggles
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, a small teaser of a future Class Suggestion :3 [​IMG]

Btw, I understand some people might be a bit iffy on the options that change up how a spell operates, since you can make the argument that a spell needs to be fixed fundamentally rather than just have an Option to just cover it up. However, I feel like there might be a camp of people who might like the old set up, or won’t accept a spell being reworked after the many years the spell has been unchanged. Therefore, some of the Spell Toggles are more of a compromise for players who want to play a class a bit differently, while having the option to just play the old one, with both of them being very similar to what the spell should be, and is.

Also, there's probably a bunch more things the community is asking for that I forgot to add to the list, pls don't kill me ;_;

Changelog:
    5/10/21: Certain parts of this were heavily disagreed or not possible, so strikethroughs has been added for the ones that should be removed, while allowing people to see what was originally there and why it had to be removed.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  2. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Great idea, happy to help!

Xeabia likes this.
  3. alexphilgab

alexphilgab The Godsent CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wait wut ??! Disabling uppercut CC was very strange but disabling Hawkeye major ID is just freaking dumb (if you dont like it dont use it ! Theres so much better head gears). I really dont understand why suggesting such things ?? The rest of it is interesting but the player should not be able to toggle things that affect gameplay directly.

4. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Jumla Is best dad. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As much as I like the idea of have an options menu instead of a list of toggle commands, I do have to say I disagree with alot of the things you want to be toggable.

Things like toggling different aspects of different spells, or toggling major id's enterily aren't just odd, but also undermined alot of aspects of design.

5. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Assassin main HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    according to @Lex! it’s not possible to make it toggleable

dr_carlos likes this.
  6. Xeabia

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oof, guess I should had remove most of the spell changing toggles and Major IDs area. I just felt like some people didn't like certain aspects of spells or Major IDs, like 2nd Spells dealing damage to Neutral Mobs, Warrior losing DPS due to it pushing enemies out of range, and Magnet, so giving people an option to change that would be a quality of life change if you dislike it and you can always turn that back on whenever you want to. I went with that train of thought, and kinda took it a bit too far with thinking how what nickpicks I and people might have and looping around the design of aspects of the game in exchange or customizability.

Oof, my bad for not seeing that. I'll try to put strikethroughs towards the ones y'all mentioned and a little note.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  7. alexphilgab

alexphilgab The Godsent CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Np its just that I consider this really dumb and a time loss to add something that removes the only thing that makes the spell or the item interesting and original. Its like saying "lets make a chocolate cake without chocolate" :expressionless:

Xeabia likes this.
  8. Xeabia

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump, since I guess I might as well push for the QoL parts of the Option Menu to be a thing

dr_carlos likes this.
  9. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Jumla Is best dad. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, the issue with this is the knockback is a part of the class design, it helps inform its playstyle.

10. strikeflame5356

strikeflame5356 #1 Death fan

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    kinda beating a dead horse here, but, while I like the QoL stuff (excluding the dialogue system because the CT has already said that it's not possible, and even if it was possible I'd prefer a compromise that has the best of both systems instead of one or the other), you can't just have the player change their stats as the wish, the major ids and different effects of spells are there to balance out the other affects of those items or spells. It's like if the player could just do '/toggle mana_regen 5' or something like that and suddenly have 5 mana regen despite the fact that they're using Lunar Spine.