1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Optifine Texure Pack Support

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by StefanHeuvink, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StefanHeuvink

StefanHeuvink Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    So I was thinking it might be cool if Wynncraft has more textures for almost everything, and the perfect solution for this is optifine because you can give textures based on item names, blocks next to it or even enchants/lores. So maybe add the /toggle optifine command and add a second texture pack for that with random textures and named textures. Maybe ask the community for some textures I'm sure many would help to improve Wynncraft. Also maybe add some more armor because the only way the armor is changed is currently leather. As for the community textures part maybe reward players with emeralds for their help or even if they get no reward I am glad to help out.

Sorry if the grammar/spelling is not correct my English is not the best.

2. proskillz314

proskillz314 Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Well, from what I know Wynncraft always advertised itself as mod-free, so I dont think it is going to add support for any mod, even optifine.

Aarontti likes this.
  3. StefanHeuvink

Minecraft:
    You're right Wynncraft has always been mod free, but it would be nice if there was support for optifine because it would look way better with optifine. At the moment I'm making my own Wynncraft texturepack based on the original. If I've completed it I will post it on the forums for anyone to download but before that happens I need to learn a lot more about the random textures. But you are right that Wynncraft has been mod free for years, and it's time it adds support for some mods.

Thanks for the reply

4. PatheticFlower

PatheticFlower megido >gamer< god VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really don't think it's worth the effort to add unique textures exclusive to the portion of the playerbase who uses optifine. the wynncraft resourcepack is definitely doing fine with remaining textures, there's still many things left that could be retextured without the use of optifine. if something like this were to exist, I don't think it needs official support, you said yourself that they could ask the community to help, so why not just have the community make their own independent optifine resource pack without the need of any toggle commands or official effort?

Aarontti likes this.
  5. StefanHeuvink

Minecraft:
    There are a lot of textures they could change but random textures for mobs do add a bit more variation to the game and this couldn't be added by using the standard texture pack from Minecraft.

It could be done by the community but whenever a big update is launched the texture pack would be a mess.

Thanks for your reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.