1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

New Quest: Hook, Line, And Sinker.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Loggerhead, Feb 26, 2016.

?

Is this a good quest?

This poll will close on Feb 26, 2026 at 10:07 PM.
  1. Yes.

194 vote(s)
    91.1%
  2. No.

19 vote(s)
    8.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loggerhead

Loggerhead Some Loggerhead

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The thread OP is back at it again folks! More editing!

2. HalfCat_

HalfCat_ Supporter of Catania HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    This is my critique of your quest. I hope you don't take it personally. I'll start with the bad things and then I'll point out the things you did that were good.

Negatives
    Not to be rude but this quest seems rather boring. The first stage is to travel to Olux to grind some mobs and then you talk to someone. After that you get some clue to solve a puzzle? It's not explained. Then you do a parkour and the quest is basically over. What you need is either lore or some fun puzzles or challenges. The quest is also incredibly easy. One thing that bothers me is that you just slap a boss on at the end which makes no sense at all. The villain in this case Squidward has no conflict with anyone whatsoever. You also need to flesh out the characters more. One more thing is that the questbook holds your hand the whole time. Seriously you get a paper with a code on it and at the end there's a numberlock. Tell me someone who would find that challenging or even fun.

Positives
    While I don't like the idea of the quest itself there are some very good things about your suggestion. First of all it's a quest at level 59 which is awesome. It's not too fun to grind for 2 levels and adding a quest at that level would be perfect. What you have to do though is make the xp reward much higher. Right now you get about as much xp as doing the Overgrowth Ruins dungeon which is far too little as leveling up to level 60 requires about 300.000 xp. Another thing you did good was making a balanced boss and item. Many people seem to have trouble doing that. Also I respect the effort you put into this.

Tl;dr
    Quest is a bit boring and bad. Idea of a quest at level 59 good. Nice boss and item.

Loggerhead likes this.
  3. SkellySniper

SkellySniper In a permanent state of necro

Minecraft:
    I mean it's a pretty good quest but there's a couple (glaring, in my opinion) issues.
    1) Pretty sure the name "Squidward" is copyrighted.
    2) Really slow pacing. If you're going to make it interesting, then you should probably make the Squidward town a full-on dungeon (which you could get some at least decent rewards from the enemies inside).

4. Loggerhead

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There is already a character called squidward in nesaak. It's the same character.
    Appreciate the feedback, but you dont have to go all the way to Olux. the swamp is right next to the location, and you can just grind the mobs there.
    Also, the character squidward does have a conflict with the character. In an old quest in nesaak, forgot the name, you had to either give the pufferfish to squidward, or some dude. This is basically a sequel. Read the lore I posted.

I also made the XP reward higher.

5. ActualAnthonino

ActualAnthonino SkyBlock Prisoner

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Your Profile pic fits this waaaaaaaaay too good, also I like it, good shit bruh

Loggerhead likes this.
  6. HalfCat_

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Even if you don't have to go to Olux to grind it's still a fetch quest, although a little better. Is the quest removed now? If so the lore can't be used as it isn't in it anymore and not all players experienced it. If it's still in the game then that makes my point a bit weaker. Also the lore you posted didn't make much sense to me, sorry. Good that you increased XP it really needed that but it's waaaay too much. It can't be 6 million. Maybe a little more than 200.000?

Loggerhead likes this.
  7. Loggerhead

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Done :)

8. HalfCat_

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Perfect! I don't think the idea is bad so good luck if you're trying to perfect it. :)

9. dbleo

dbleo Dream Crusher HERO

Minecraft:
    If you still have any hope of this quest being added, considering this was posted almost 2 years ago, I'd consider applying for the CT.

10. Loggerhead

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ill consider it. I got promising last time I applied.

But the next time I got denied for using the same quest idea. Ill come up with something :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.