1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

[new Class] The Slinger

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by StormDragon4, Feb 14, 2021.

?

Does this idea fit Wynncraft?

1. Yes (+1)

26 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Maybe with changes (why) (0)

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. No (why) (-1)

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Assassin main HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The Slinger
    The slinger is a talented marksman who wields a sling to hurl stones at his opponent. While not seemingly intimidating at a glance, the magic inscribed into the stones causes a decent amount of damage to whatever stands in the slingers' way.
    Currently in wynncraft we have 3 ranged classes and 2 melee classes. That being said I wanted to design a ranged class because making only melee classes is boring. In creating this class I had four criteria.
    1. Have a unique playstyle

2. Have a main attack that works differently from the others

3. Make a class that uses a spell with melee (kinda like vanish)

4. Make a class based on history but give it a magical flair. (hence the sling)
    Also woodworking will be changed so that wands will be crafted with 2 wood 1 oil instead of 2 wood 1 string. Honestly I think this makes more sense anyways.
    The Slingers main weapon is, you guessed it, a sling. The sling only deals 1 damage, all slings, 1 damage. But, hitting an enemy marks them, allowing for later use. This basically delays the damage on an enemy. You can mark an enemy up to five times. The mark is removed after 15 seconds. Powder specials act the same.

Visual: The element of your weapon model determines the colour of the explosion and your spell particles.

Neutral = white

Earth = Green

Thunder = Yellow

Water = Blue

Fire = Red

Air = Black

Rainbow = purple

Enemies affected by marks also have these particles swirling around them with more particles depending on the amount of marks.

Stats:

Defence: 2 (75% base defence, in between mage and archer

Damage: 2 (mage)

Range: 5 (Archer, this is so it’s historically accurate as slings actually had incredible range)

Spells: 4 (shaman)

Difficulty: * * *

The class reskin is the Rune Mage and is for CHAMPION only. Unlike other reskins the Rune Mage gets access to the command /attack colour _____. This command lets you pick your particle colour from any colour in minecraft. This is justified by the fact that the feature is champion exclusive.

Spell 1: Detonate (R-L-R)

Reskin: Runic Blast

Tier 1 (lvl1): Mana cost: 1 Damage: Listed weapon damage

Cause an explosion (¼ the size of a normal explosion) on each marked enemy, dealing damage for each mark on them.

Tier 2 (lvl 16): cost: 1

+Crippling mark: Slow enemies hit by 15%

Tier 3 (lvl 36) cost: 1 - slow: 15%

+Bomber: increase the explosion size by 20%

IDK if it’s possible but this spell is boosted by main attack damage and not spell damage. That is because this is simply the activation for your main attack damage. The upgrades are intended to suck as this is still part of your main attack.

Visual: Small explosion and glass breaking in front of you.

Spell 2: Transference (R-R-R)

Reskin: Rune of Transportation

Tier 1 (lvl 11): cost: 4

Teleport yourself to the nearest marked mob, 20 block max range. If there are no marked mobs then you have three seconds to fire a shot, you will tp to that shot regardless of whether or not you strike an enemy.

Tier 2 (lvl 26): cost: 4 - range: 20

+Essence exchange: holding shift while casting causes you and target to swap places (ineffective on CCI mobs)

Tier 3 (lvl 46): Cost: 4 - Range: 25

+Vanishing Act: Blind your target for 1 second

This movement spell is meant to let you relocate quickly, but will put you in harm's way. The upgrades are intended to cut down on the danger. The ability to tp without mobs was a requested feature to allow the player to complete quests/discoveries that would otherwise be impossible

Visual: Particle swirl and stained glass break on you and your target.

Spell 3: Power Shot (R-L-L)

Reskin: Rune of Decimation

Tier 1 (lvl 21): Cost: 9 - Damage: 360% - 10% earth - 10% fire

Shoot a powerful projectile that pierces through enemies and deals heavy damage.

Tier 2 (lvl 36): cost: 8 - Damage: 340% - 15% earth - 10% fire

+Target Acquired: Deal 7% more damage per mark on your target

Tier 3 (lvl 56): Cost: 8 - Damage: 340% - 15% earth - 15% fire

+Bowling ball: Each time the attack passes through an enemy increase the damage by 10% maxing at 60%

A heavy hitting piercing attack. Easy to spam and combos with your marks while not detonating them.

Visual: A primary attack with particles spraying from the back.

Spell 4: Magnet (R-R-L)

Reskin: Rune of Calling

Tier 1 (lvl 31): Cost: 8 - Range: 7 block radius AOE - Damage: 55% - 15% air

Hurl a projectile that has a heavy arc (like smoke bomb). Upon contact with the ground pull all enemies 6 blocks closer to the landing location.

Tier 2 (lvl 46): Cost: 7 - Range: 8 block radius AOE - Damage: 55% - 20% air

+Repulsor: Holding shift while casting throws enemies 4 blocks away instead of pulling them

Tier 3 (lvl 66): Cost: 6 - Range: 10 block AOE - Damage: 55% - 25% air

+Nowhere to hide: Unmarked enemies take 40% increased damage from mark explosions for 3 seconds. (they need to be hit by this spell first)

This spell pulls you enemies together so your explosions can hit them all. The T2 upgrade is to give yourself a knockback like arrow shield.

Visual: Hurl a projectile (gunpowder) and when it lands a dome of particles goes out until it reaches the edge of the radius. Then the dome collapses in. This happens very quickly as the mobs get pulled in.
    +Chain Reaction: Increase the mark damage on a mob by 5% per mark detonated.

+Retaliation: mobs that hit you have a 40% chance of receiving a mark

I used wands for the base item because both classes have low base damage.

Avenger: found in loot chests and dropped by mobs. Has the Retaliation Major ID. https://wynndata.tk/ci/711137745
    Lore: Crafted in the depths of the molten heights by dwarves who felt nothing but pure hatred for the Doguns. This sling was designed to make the opponents be their own demise, requiring little effort from the user.

Trebuchet: found in all loot chests and mobs. https://wynndata.tk/ci/725343994
    Lore: Originally crafted by the villagers this sling has been sealed away since being recovered from the orc armies. One rune from this sling brings the devastation of a siege machine.
    I am interested in hearing everyone's feedback and opinion on this class suggestion. Like my last one I am aware that the odds of this being added are nonexistent so please refrain from hating on the class purely because it is a class suggestion. Thank you for reading and considering my Slinger/Rune Mage class suggestion.

2021-02-15 4:32 pm: Changed the movement spell to function without mobs.
    2021-02-16 6:07 pm changed air attacks from grey to black.
    2021-02-28 10:56 am: added Avenger and Trebuchet mythics
    Add class suggestion prefix plz

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    EvanOrizam, Bixlo and Jbip like this.
  2. alexphilgab

alexphilgab The Godsent CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Very interesting but the mouvement spell need to get reworked. The fact that you absolutely need a mob to use it makes that some discovery's and even quests cant be done with your class because of parkours that sometimes require to use the mouvement spell.

JohanLTU likes this.
  3. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    can you give me some examples of quests/discoveries?

4. alexphilgab

alexphilgab The Godsent CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was thinking about "the frozen cave hidout" in nesaak but Im sure there's more

ThedumbOX, JohanLTU and dr_carlos like this.
  5. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok I made it so you can teleport without mobs if you have no mobs marked, meaning it is not overly helpful in combat to tp without mobs.

ThedumbOX likes this.
  6. Samsam101

Samsam101 yes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pretty interesting idea, would always be fun to have more classes to try out

Would just like to point out that the string in the recipe is probably a Harry Potter reference because iirc the wands in harry potter are made from a magical wood and a magical string
    I like the reference so I'd prefer if wands were still made with string+wood

It would also be better to find some way to make this on a weaponsmithing table since there's already 3 on the woodworking

7. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I disagree only because when I’m done making class suggestions the tables will be 4/4

8. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    you should switch the colors of neutral and air so that neutral is gray and air is white. makes more sense that air would be more flashy since its an element and not just a default damage
    in other news, I like the way the class would work, kind of an interesting attack with some spells that synergize decently. the only drawback is that heavy melee would need mana still, though this opens up the ability for heavy spell to exist, which would be cool af

9. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that would be barely any different then heavy melee assassin using vanish a bunch. Besides you can let your spell cost reset by just stacking hit before activating them. I am going to keep the neutral particles white but change air to black. (White is very basic)

Also can the people who voted no explain why.

10. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Looks really cool! Overall well balanced and stays fresh +1

StormDragon4 likes this.
  11. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Once again bumping this thread

12. LordRotharoth

LordRotharoth Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice idea, I want more classes so +1

StormDragon4 likes this.
  13. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump, cool to see all of the other new and detailed class suggestions coming out.

AcadeeAlkana likes this.
  14. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump10char

15. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bumping for feedback

16. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump10char

17. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump10char

18. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump10char

19. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bumping because I added some items

20. N20colas

N20colas Travelled Adventurer

It's a good idea because there aren't that many classes than that than the game, but the risk is that this class is too similar to the principle of archers. But it's a great idea. 1up