1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

New Class Idea

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Silverwolf77, Mar 5, 2019.

?

To the players, what is your opinion?

1. A cleric class would be awesome!

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. A new class doesn't need to be added.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. Silverwolf77

Silverwolf77 Newbie Adventurer

Hello! I have been playing on the Wynncraft server for a few years with some breaks here and there and something I have realized is the server has your basic and typical classes you would see in some other rpgs and one main class that has been missing is something like a cleric. I'm sure you can imagine this class being something used for healing your team and applying buffs like strength while maybe applying debuffs such as weakness on enemies. This class could have a huge benefit in parties and encourage the creation of parties and more strategy. I can also see for players who are playing on there own or when they need to apply damage there should be spells they have. I am unsure how difficult or easy this would be to add into the game but I feel the introduction of a cleric class to the game would be very interesting and add something new since there has always been only 4 classes.

2. btdmaster

btdmaster Just another casual on my way to lvl 100

Minecraft:
    The problem with new classes is like literally everything has to be changed. New tutorials for the new classes, new quest rewards for class specific quest rewards, and a couple hundred weapons, balancing for those weapons, at this point probably new professions for them, etc. Just too much work for rn I think.

3. Silverwolf77

Silverwolf77 Newbie Adventurer

I do think it's difficult. I'm not saying it's not but I feel it shouldn't be thought of as an impossible task. This would take some time and effort but I feel that at least one new class should be attempted for development.

4. Ktend

Ktend What..... WHAT THE FU-

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    its not that much just need 9 model designs and buda bam dun and the new tutorials and new quests rewards... It must be a tiny amount.

5. ParkourTNT

ParkourTNT Wynncraft will have houses one day HERO

Minecraft:
    Here is an official answer:
    Adding a new class would be cool and we had ideas for that for a while (i'll tell more later in this post), but keep in mind the challenge to add a single new class:

First, we'd have to, of course, code it and design it. By itself it's already a good amount. Then, we need to add 20 basic weapon models (which before we dropped 1.8, was impossible as we were missing space in the pack unless we made them 1.9+ only). We'd also need to make a new weapon type of every crate cosmetic weapon skins (at least 10 high quality models) Then, we need to make around 300+ weapons and balance them properly. Then, we need to update every quest reward that gives weapon as rewards, or use classes (like the new tutorial) in any way. Then, we need to add new materials/recipes or professions to allow crafting these weapons. And we gotta keep in mind the classes are very important to the story, even Bob's lore is linked to it. That'd be the easiest bit to update (ToL statues, armour stand in ragni castle, etc), but still worth mentionning.

And if we don't do all that in one go, it means we rushed the update from the player's point of view. Anyway I'm not sure which part of that we could drop without it hurting the new class significantly. Overally my point is that it's a shit ton of work that would require almost the whole team full time attention on this. It'd be rad as hell though, I agree! We might do it in the future, we got a lot of ideas.
    TLDR: They might add a new class in the future (this doesn't mean that it will be add soon, it might take years to be added).
    Thread

So yeah, we need to wait for a new class, so there is no need to make a thread asking for a new class, but if you'll make a detailed thread go for it.

Also, it was already suggest before (Another one). Read the rules.

[Copy Paste]

rainbow_elite_7 likes this.
  6. tig

tig Numismatist and Sports Fanatic | 8 Mythics Found

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    do you mean 9 model designs as in 9 weapon designs? cuz there are 20 per class (not counting cosmetic skins) you also forgot to mention that there will need to be 323-327~ new weapons added

trex1611 and A Human like this.
  7. SoccerDefense11

SoccerDefense11 Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    If a new class would really be added, the update would probably take about 3-4 years.

8. PumpkinTiny

PumpkinTiny Not actually a pumpkin ._. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I still believe specs could be possible...

Cleric could be a specialization for mage which is focused on more healing and other buffs.
    While there could be another specialization for mage which is more focused on damage.

lul

9. FluxifiedGod1

FluxifiedGod1 AAAA HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    WOW!!! class ideas are SO COOL and havnt been done to death

10. Bramblesthatcat

Bramblesthatcat DO YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE I D R A N G E S ? VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Jesus Christ you don’t need to be so passive aggressive

tig, Aarontti, Natsuki~ and 4 others like this.
  11. Nepeta Dijon

Nepeta Dijon Still haven't finished reading it. HERO

Minecraft:
    and thanks to Wynncraft's great rules he isn't even allowed.

12. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You are, but the thing is, you also can’t just be a dick and blow stuff out of proportion.

tig likes this.
  13. Nepeta Dijon

Minecraft:
    nope, you're wrong. Being sarcastic and all that jazz is against the rules. At least according to mods.

14. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No it isn’t, you just need to know when enough is enough.
    Stop acting like you’re being oppressed.

15. FluxifiedGod1

FluxifiedGod1 AAAA HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that was passive?

Nepeta Dijon likes this.
  16. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Regardless, it was unprovoked, unnecessary, demeaning, and just plain mean.

tig, Natsuki~, Yuri~ and 2 others like this.
  17. Nepeta Dijon

Minecraft:
    What was mean?

18. H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y

H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y A H0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y IMPROVED

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Now that's playing ignorance.

But if your serious: Time to go ANALYTICAL

"WOW!!! class ideas are SO COOL and havnt been done to death"

The quote Flux said is a mean towards the suggestor. The "WOW!!!" implies a level of sarcasm, which plays into the "class ideas are SO COOL." This intends a sarcastic, passive aggressive, condescending tone to the suggestor, which in total is mean/assholey/other synomyns. Finally, the post ends with "havnt been done to death," solidifying his intentions of communicating "your idea sucks, idiot." In conclusion, the quote implies a message that is insulting to Silverwolf.

I have to0 much time on my hands.

Edit: To is not too, too is too

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Bramblesthatcat, A Human and Natsuki~ like this.
  19. Nepeta Dijon

Minecraft:
    Ah, right that.
    Yeah it was mean, so? He isn't wrong. And being mean is used to make people feel bad so that they stop doing something, in this example keep making bad class suggestions.

I know this might seem harsh, but that's just the reality. Life fucking sucks.

20. H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y

H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y A H0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y IMPROVED

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There are other ways to tell them to stop. There was no point to be mean. Life sucks, but do they also want to go from a sucky real life, to have that same feeling on the forums? I do not.

Either way, there are two ways to say it, but one unnecessarily hurts, while one doesn’t. However, I do kind of agree with part of what your saying, but in this context, it doesn’t needed to act like that.

Final Note: Don’t think this whole thing matters as I think he isn’t coming back to the forums. Prefer to let this end, you say your thing and what not, and let it rest.

Bramblesthatcat, Natsuki~ and A Human like this.