1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

New Class Idea - Survivor

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Wiihacker0, Jan 7, 2021.

?

Is this class interesting?

1. Very!

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. It exists at least

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Nah this is poop

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. PUT THIS IN WYNNCRAFT RIGHT NOW PLS

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. ^ Whoever voted this is weird ^

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiihacker0

Wiihacker0 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Main weapon: machete/sword
    Defense: 90%
    Damage:100% (idk?)
    The idea behind this class is to debuff enemies, filling a roll not supplied yet.

Movement spell:
    Shoulder roll. Do a quick dodge to evade attacks. 2 mana
    level 1. Move 5 blocks quickly on the ground
    level 2. While dodging you can interrupt it by jumping, allowing for a high jump (about half the height or less than escape)
    level 3. While dodging take no(or very low) damage

spell 1 (RLR):
    Infected swipe. Lunge slightly forward with an infectious swipe, causing weakness and slowness. 5 mana
    level 1. 125% damage, slowness 1 and weakness 1 for 2 seconds
    level 2. Hitting an enemy causes a damage over time effect (like a multihit) for 2 seconds for an additional 75%
    level 3. Slowness 3 and weakness for 3 seconds.

spell 2 (RLL):
    Trap. Leave a trap that causes big damage, 1 second activation time and up to 3 at a time. After they expire they explode. 10 mana
    level 1. Trap stays around for 20 seconds and causes 300% damage when triggered (blast radius of 8 blocks)
    level 2. Freezes enemies hit for 2 seconds
    level 3. Lasts 30 seconds and creates a mini curse effect (like the one warrior may get) for 10 seconds. Each curse is stackable up to 3 times for an additional 10% damage per stack from all sources. Resets duration when a trap hits the opponent.

spell 3 (RRL):
    Call of the wild. Whistle to confuse enemies, creating a mini wind prison to all foes within 12 blocks. 6 mana
    level 1. lasts 5 seconds, (enemies can still move unimpeded) the next hit deals and additional 15% damage (After all multipliers, not before)
    level 2. Call of the wild removes all negative effects of nearby players (includes fire)
    level 3. Call of the wild detonates all active traps

Well I know this probably won't make it in the game, but I'm feeling under the weather and wanted somethin to do. I appreciate any feedback.

Now for the fun part, let the wynncraft community rip me to shreds because I have an idea! :D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  2. Klepto

Klepto inactive VIP

Minecraft:
    Alright:
    You should have these
    upload_2021-1-7_13-18-43.png
    For a total of 13 "points"
    ie:
    Damage 5/5
    Defence: 3/5
    Range: 1/5
    Spells: 4/5

Movement spell:
    Seems good, would go with reduced damage rather than invulnerability

Infected swipe:
    IMO debuff time is too long. Most debuff spells only give the debuff for 1 second. Also giving weakness in general is a bit powerful

Trap:
    300% damage is fine considering its the 3rd spell
    Once again, 3 seconds of freeze is a lot
    Does the "curse" effect reset on a melee/spell hit other than the spell?

Call of the wild:
    A bit confused - how is it like wind prison? Is it just extra damage? Or is there extra KB?
    Level 2 is like heal but without the healiing. I guess it's fine
    Level 3: I'd assume you mean the traps by mines. What is the blast radius of the traps?

Wiihacker0 likes this.
  3. AcadeeAlkana

AcadeeAlkana Unofficial Spell Design Rookie VIP

Minecraft:
    First of all, I know how you feel. It's certainly happened to me a few times (twice at least).

And here are my criticisms on the Class itself:
    • The Trap Spell can't reach it's full potential with the default cost and the players' Mana Pool of...20. Plus, what happens when you stack three Traps on top of each other? 900% damage instantaneously. For reference, the Meteor, aka the singular strongest Spell in the game, can hit for only 500% a single time. The numbers are rather skewed. Plus, 3 seconds of freeze? You know that no Mana Cost can truly stop the cheese which people will abuse with their incredibly high Intelligence builds.
    • Shoulder Roll travels 3 Mana for 10 whole blocks. (Teleport and Charge go as far as that, but are outclassed by the cost.) Practical invincibility at Tier 3 will make melee Mobs and Bosses a complete meme, given that Call of the Wind is a status-inflicting Aura.
    • Call of the Wind's status effect clearing for allies makes the Mage an even bigger joke of a support unit. Like, half the reason you'd want a Mage is for the status effect clearing, just in case some Mobs pull a fast one on you. You could pair Call of the Wind with Shaman's Totem and make a fool of Mage's Heal entirely!
    • Infected Swipe's too strong. That, and Spin Attack and Ice Snake would be entirely dumped because of the ridiculous damage this could let you get away with.
    This Class thankfully had some thought put into it, unlike a lot of the Class suggestions people surf through on the forums, and is fairly balanced overall. Most of my criticisms for this Class come from how it would fit when plopped into the roster alongside the other Classes, and not from bad design choices.

Qzphs and Wiihacker0 like this.
  4. Wiihacker0

Minecraft:
    To answer your questions, the curse effect would not reset from a hit, and the duration would reset upon another trap hitting the mob
    I was debating on suggesting more KB with call of the wild, but then you get the warrior problem of not being able to spam as much (which seems somewhat fixed imo). I guess I'd say ye, you get 10 blocks of KB.
    And yep! I meant traps instead of mines. I'd say the blast radius would be about 8 blocks or so. (Basically a bigger meteor, tho idk the block radius on it).

Are there any classes that currently give weakness? I forget... but I could see how weakness 2 could be kinda op. Perhaps the upgrade is now weakness 1 for 3 seconds, and the initial is 2 seconds?

Thanks for your time in reviewing my class idea! Good thoughts, I'll tweak a few things.
    Very good points on the mana cost + freeze thoughts. I reduced the freeze to 2 seconds, though I may bring it down more, idk. Personally I think the damage is fine since you have to use the spell 3 times to get to those numbers, plus there's a 1 second activation time per mine, making the dps somewhat low, but I can see how that could be op with an instant 900% damage hit 0-0...

Good point on the shoulder roll. What would you change here? Less distance or only 50% less damage taken? My thought was to make it a really quick dash, like 0.3 seconds fast, so the invincibility would be difficult to use. Though I suppose if a melee mob walks up to you, you can just shoulder roll away for free...

Yeah... the status clearing thing was just to get another level satisficed. Couldn't think of something better... any thoughts?

I nerfed infected swipe a bit, any thoughts on the weaker version?

Thanks for your kind words :D! I appreciate your posture. Thought I'd have some fun making a theoretical class, it's nice to see people understand that.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  5. Klepto

Klepto inactive VIP

Minecraft:
    None of them do. The only debuffs given are slowness, paralysis, and blindness, and these generally last 1 second

6. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Editing the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think you got the wrong image of us.

We don't shred others because of an idea, but because the details are bad (of we even shred you)

MlecznyHuxel99 and Wiihacker0 like this.
  7. Candras

Candras Travelled Adventurer

So the thing with the freeze, is that at the moment it seems like you can rather easily stunlock with it. 2 secs freeze gives you one second to just slap a trap down on a previously frozen mob, freeze it again, then rinse repeat. Personally, i'd say at most 1 sec freeze, but that could still effectively make it a stunlock, i'd say 0.5-0.7 secs freeze as then the mob would have like 0.5 secs to move, attack, dodge, while making it slightly harder to keep them stunlocked

Wiihacker0 likes this.
  8. Wiihacker0

Minecraft:
    I know you speak the truth, but there's definitely some of us that don't understand that. I will say the wynn community is the nicest I've ever seen, just not always on the forums.

TrapinchO likes this.
  9. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Editing the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, there are some like that in every community...

Wiihacker0 likes this.
  10. quick007

quick007 Master Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    defo agreeing with the "nicest community" (excluding guild politics)

Wiihacker0 likes this.
  11. AcadeeAlkana

AcadeeAlkana Unofficial Spell Design Rookie VIP

Minecraft:
    Well, look at the Class balancing: Assassin can technically get away with whatever the Nether it wants because Vanish only costs 1 Mana to begin with. The trade off for it is that it's very susceptible to being torn to pieces if it runs out of Mana because the Base Defense on it is laughable.

Mage and Warrior can both just zip-zap away from harm, and go right behind most enemies. At a cost of 4 Mana, it's certainly not a get-out-of-jail free card because you can only use it so many times before your Mana Pool bites the dust.

What I'd change about the Shoulder Roll is reducing the cost to 2 Mana, and reducing the distance it can travel from Teleport distance (12 blocks) to about 4 blocks. Given that it's unable to damage enemies, I think that those changes are about all that I'd fix up.

Wiihacker0 likes this.
  12. Wiihacker0

Minecraft:
    lol

Makes sense to me, though I think 5 blocks would be better so you can traverse terrain faster. Thanks for the reply! I'll make the appropriate changes :D

AcadeeAlkana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.