1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Nerf Shaman (and Archer)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Emogla3, Mar 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i1i1wow

i1i1wow 5th ID of Altum Spatium was good CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think nerfing shaman is a dangerous thing to be doing, even while it is probably more overpowered than other classes at this moment. The problem with nerfing shaman is that since its defense is so low, any nerf to it will have a magnified effect. So while I feel a small nerf might not be uncalled for for shaman, much more than that could make Wynncraft's newest class the least viable.

Archer needs a big buff. I'm not saying this with played-class bias right now; archer is the class I have played the least, but considering that it is the only low defense class with no healing ability and the only class with a backward-only movement spell and has an Arrow Shield that gets more expensive as you level the spell grade up and that the closest thing it has to a stun is slowness from Bomb Arrow, I would say that Archer does need a buff, but probably not a stat buff. It's damage is fine, and I don't want to see a change in the defense stats of Archer; I think Archer needs more of a design-oriented buff.

Also, a little damage buff to warrior might go a long way. Warrior is okay as it is now, but I would not complain if its spear got a little more oomph behind it.

Emily_U and TrapinchO like this.
  2. Aiyria

Aiyria sad HERO

Minecraft:
    warrior needs bigness
    i want to stun the enemy again):
    there isnt really a spell which slows / stuns the enemy right now. im pretty sure bash is meant to but as lv100 i can safely say that its rubbish. when i did a journey beyond as my assassin, in that stage when you had to fight the two obssessors (CoW-like mobs), i spin and they freeze and i could then destroy them both. as my warrior i died twice, not being able to get them off my face.

oopsies i was thinking warrior when i typed this xD
    nah i fully agree assassin is fine, im lv104 and its all good, sorry for my stupid mistake

you know... because... archer is too op...? and... has arrow shield which... is...
    am i over-explaining this?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  3. Aiyria

Aiyria sad HERO

Minecraft:
    it really doesn't
    it doesnt have healing ability along with 2 more classes
    its ranged so low defence is a must to balance it
    backwards movement spell GOES REALLY FAR if you turn around
    arrow shied stays up for a long time, even when hit (3 charges and knocks them away) so mana cost really doesnt matter. also int exists and you can get it down to 2 mana cost
    escape stuns as well, storm pretty much holds them in place

I AM ON A QUOTING STREAK HEHE

Emogla3 and Melkor like this.
  4. Ingo

Ingo Class Building Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1.) The totem does not give massive heal, usually it's only 500-1000 (endgame builds, not including totem stacking using Time Rift, this usually gets about 3-4 totems with about 800 heal/s each), also it's base defense is 50% meaning all your damage will be doubled. I have a level 105 shaman myself and it's not that overpowered, especially when fighting against bosses that are either stationary (like the eye) or have ranged attacks (like flamethrower).

2.) Nerfing shaman's damage to warrior's damage would make it unplayable. Warrior has low damage because it has 120% base defense, shaman has high damage because it has 50% base defense.

3.) It's not that hard to duel a shaman if you are not playing as a mage (because they can easily manually dodge the meteor by using haul, meteor just is way too slow). Arrow storm usually onehits it, bash-spam kills it, same for spin-spam or vanish+multihit.

4.) The classes were made to be balanced in PvE, not in PvP.

5.) It's hard to play shaman against a skilled player because they usually just move away as soon as they see that you are throwing your totem (hehehe uproot spam gets them back in the totem's range...).

StormKing3 likes this.
  5. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If assassin gets its combo off, it doesn't matter.

6. Emily_U

Emily_U Mythic Hunter VIP+

Minecraft:
    Please don't nerf shaman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.