1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Nerf Cow

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Jun 30, 2020.

?

Should CoW be nerfed?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    97.1%
  1. NoHacksJustGavin

NoHacksJustGavin Travelled Adventurer

I think the Corrupter of Worlds should be nerfed because it’s way too overpowered for those in level 68.

Here is how it should be nerfed:
    • Reduce the attack damage to by 50%, even from the multi-hit spell.
    • Remove the pulling spell.
    Thoughts?

2. seeksery

seeksery Wybel Photographer HERO

Minecraft:
    per selvut, the multihit spell basically won't even hit you unless it has pull if you make even a token effort to avoid it (and even then, you can jump at the last second and handily avoid it nine times out of ten)
    additionally, the pull serves as a harmless telegraph for the multihit spell
    this doesn't warrant mentioning but an entirely new spell would need to be coded to decrease the multihit attack speed and while that isn't much of an issue adding spells seems like a painful process given it took a couple of years to get 4 new mob spells
    cutting its attack speed in half will, generally speaking, cut its damage output in half, but its damage output is already balanced around a moderately-prepared level 68 player
    finally, there's the little problem that you've mentioned it being overpowered and proposed fixes without explaining why it's overpowered and why the fixes are necessary

3. ILikeCola77

ILikeCola77 One day I will be rich

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Corrupter of Worlds is meant to by extremely challenging. You could say exactly the same about Bob's Reincarnation. CoW can be soloed without too much trouble on level 68 if you don't get too close and you keep eye on his position

4. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman

Minecraft:
    Assuming the player hasn't done any boss altars (apart from Tribal Sanctuary), CoW is supposed to be the first actually really hard boss.

Druser likes this.
  5. Samsam101

Samsam101 somehow only just got to level 100 after 4 years

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yes i agree that salted needs a nerf

but in all seriousness, no. CoW is supposed to represent the sudden difficulty spike that comes and stabs you at level 70. You will soon be dealing with:
    Amadel
    Bob
    Death
    Quira

etc

Removing it would make players unprepared for the intensely powerful bosses ahead. Plus CoW is easy if you come prepared. I looked at your player profile and it says you are a shaman, and i am unsure of a good strategy for that class. For me (a mage), it was easy when i came with heal and mana potions along with a super effective wand (Air and fire).

If you want to defeat him i reccomend you find an air and fire relik, use the aura spell to trap him so you can deal damage and/or heal. Bring mana potions and health potions. If you die, wait for a while to calm down and regain some soul points. When I did it I found it easier when I was calmer.

6. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman

Minecraft:
    For Mage, pots aren't a priority as the class can heal, and with good mana sustain (5/4 regen or steal is probably enough) and teleport escaping, the boss is more of how long can you keep it up.

As for Shaman, Aura trapping and totem recovery is the best I can think of, pushing CoW away with uproot can also help in panic situations.

7. ILikeCola77

ILikeCola77 One day I will be rich

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Death is easy on level 80 and Qira on 100. Just bring morph set and high neutral damage weapon and you will destroy Qira.