1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design Nerf Burst Fire Attacks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Samsam101, Jan 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samsam101

Samsam101 idiot who is too lazy to grind and is level 95

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    jesus christ i cannot solo the phsychomaster he keeps using his stupidly overpowered burst attack before i can cast a heal spell
    i am fine with the burst attack but it shouldn't deal as much damage as it does with just one orb
    if you stand right in front of a mob that does this you will die instantly
    just make it so that one orb does barely any damage and for it to be effective all orbs have to connect

Melkor and 7Red_Dragon7 like this.
  2. Zelli

Zelli Well-Known Adventurer

be gud and teleport

3. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i never have enough mana

4. Zelli

Zelli Well-Known Adventurer

g e t m o r e

Lord Saraldar likes this.
  5. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yup Psychomancer does a ridiculous amount of damage. Imo your best bet is to run mana tank and abuse his elemental weakness by powdering some random Super Fast weapon with an earth powder.

Melkor likes this.
  6. dreamer101

dreamer101 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I find that sometimes mages can be like that. I found that drinking an INT potion solves all of my problems though, so try to do that if you battle that opponent again.

7. Soul of Storms

Soul of Storms a seer and a snake and a sorbet VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yeah, mages really have the short end of the stick against fast moving bosses. Meteor is not usable if they teleport out of range constantly

8. Saya

Saya customer support (not actually) VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There are two situations where people complain. It's either a real problem or a "git gud" moment.

And I think this is a "git gud" moment.

Iboju likes this.
  9. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    shit i always do this

10. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time Staff Member Moderator ♪ Music Item Team HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, I'll be totally fair here and say that the Psychomancer does deal way more damage than he technically should, but that's absolutely intentional in this case, to show you that the Hive isn't fucking around.

Pally, Iboju, Nukewarmachine and 2 others like this.
  11. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Does he really need to be the definitively hardest elemental boss though? I've found him to be so on every playthrough so far (just did all elemental divisions with Shaman a few days ago) and it seems to be a common opinion.

Melkor likes this.
  12. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time Staff Member Moderator ♪ Music Item Team HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    He shouldn't be, and that tells me less that he needs a nerf and more that other bosses need a buff. He's on a perfect benchline, so if he's consistently the hardest, then other bosses need a boost in some way.

13. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hm, I've found the other bosses to be pretty tough with the new changes. Imo at this point, the Hive is harder, at level 100, than LI.

14. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Would you mind elucidating on them, then, on what all makes them tough?

15. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    - Gale's Charging around is what I've always hoped for, and I'm really glad it works to make her tough. She hits quite hard, and combined with being able to hit you from all sides pretty rapidly makes the fight way more challenging than it used to be.
    - Genesis-Revorse got increased mobility which makes him more of a threat, especially combined with Explosion's sizable range (idk which explosion, but one of them has a big range) he can actually threaten just about any playstyle quite well now. The minions don't really matter though - even as Shaman, which is the only class I found had a lot of trouble with Qira's minions, this guy's minions were irrelevant.
    - Oceanic Judge is less BS since he lost heal but overall harder since his Wave is pretty strong. He's the only one I didn't die to at all on my recent Shaman run (died once to Gale and Revorse), but I came close several times.
    - Pull+Flamethrower makes Solar Vanguard a lot more of a challenge, I died to him twice before beating him on my most recent run (granted I was level 82, but the last time I did a low 80s Hive run I beat him first try with no issue).

They've been harder on average than most of the first 8 LI bosses for me. Objectively, Solar Vanguard is probably the easiest at-level, but he's still comparable to Death Metal imo.

As for Psychomancer, he's on par with Doctor Legendary and Cybel I think - even at level 100 he's harder than the first 8 LI bosses.

Qira definitely feels harder than all of them (even disregarding the giant heals) especially with the addition of Wave.

Melkor and Selvut283 like this.
  16. Soul of Storms

Soul of Storms a seer and a snake and a sorbet VIP+

Minecraft:
    yeah; I don't really know about the rest of them since I didn't have too much trouble taking them out with my poison shaman while doing the quest, but MAN does the solar vanguard absolutely fuck you if you're not careful. Hell, even on my main walk speed assassin, which I generally consider my best class in terms of both build and practice, I just get shredded if I make a mistake on the second form

As an aside, the ability to take on qira and the rest of the hive as many times as I want, with no entry cost, is super nice, and should be applied to both LI and dungeons

starx280 and Druser like this.
  17. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe he would be better if he did the equal amount of damage but with a stream of projectiles rather than multiple going in all directions, and if you want to show that the hive isn't fucking around then why the hell are the mobs so easy to kill (except for the shitty ass rooms where you get ganked by ranged witches)?

18. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hm, I wouldn't call the regular mobs, as a whole, easy to kill.

- Thunder is pretty easy
    - Air, Earth, and Water, aren't too tough generally except that they all have occasional rooms where the difficulty spikes massively
    - Fire is pretty much hard throughout

19. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've tried to make each of the floors pretty difficult. Thunder is the warm-up, but it's worth noting that each division gets a stat boost from the baselines they follow that increases with each division, so Thunder has the smallest boost while Fire has the toughest, so it gets exponentially more difficult as you go. Even still though, Thunder isn't THAT easy.

20. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    why am i so bad at thinking things through i forgot that i have only done thunder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.