1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Negative Major Ids

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Samsam101, Jul 31, 2020.

?

is this a good idea

1. yes

10.5%
  2. no

31.6%
  3. yes if improved

57.9%
  1. Samsam101

Samsam101 somehow only just got to level 100 after 4 years

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This thread is about a feature that will certainly never be added. This is just for fun.

1.19 brought us major IDS. They are an incredible feature that add a decent amount to the gameplay. It also brought us a new item classification, fableds. A new classification was an amazing thing to see. Fabled items were unique, however. These were the most common items to get the new major IDS. Major IDS and fabled items helped players gain certain aspects such as:
    Emeralds healing the player when picked up
    Ability to attack and use spells on horseback
    Faster meteors and stronger arrow storm
    Spells casted twice for free
    etc
    Point is, they are all positive. Major IDS are something you'd want. However, I see a nice comparison here. First of all, there are such things as negative regular IDS, which debuff you. These are crucial to building and deciding which armor to wear. Another I noticed is that vanilla enchantments also have a negative version (although there are only 2 of those sadly)

So what if we applied this to major IDS?

Introducing Cursed Items! (sorry fellow dark mode users for the pain of reading that)

Cursed items, as shown, have a dark blue name. They are just as rare as fableds and have two factors to them. To list some items that would retroactively gain this status (decoratively though, their stats would remain the same and would not mirror that of other curseds so that the items arent ruined):
    Abysso Galoshes
    Necrosis
    (couldnt think of more)
    Multiple great buffs
    One HUGE debuff (along with the usual smaller debuffs)

The huge debuff comes in the form of

Negative Major IDS!

What would these act and look like though? Well, while a major ID may look like this:

+Greed: Picking up emeralds heals you and nearby players for 15% max health

Negative major IDS would look like:

-Failure: 10% chance for a spell to not cast

And that's also an example of one. Others may include:

-Heavyweight: Fall damage is multiplied depending on the stats of the armor you wear

-Idiotic Assistance: If you drop under 30% health, all allies around you will be critically damaged. The more people around who are under 30% health, the more damage is taken from enemies, too.

-Sharp Stones: Every emerald you pick up removes 5% of your health (not including emerald imps and mysterious crates)

-Overload: 5% chance for spells to use all of your mana

-Annoyance: Neutral mobs have a 10% chance to attack you regardless of whether or not you have attacked them. Already hostile mobs will deal 20% more damage.

Here are some extra features:

Cursed items cannot be used in PVP because the buffs would be too good (not mythic level good but better than fabled buffs) and some of the negative major IDS don't affect PVP so the buffs would just reign dominant over the items

Some items would be labeled as cursed for decorative purposes and not for their affects

I can't think of anything else so this is the end of the post lol

2. Yraw

Yraw Water Fountain

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ...Why not just make major ids negative?

3. hgbrd

hgbrd the earth thunder water man HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i agree with the concept of negative major ids. in fact, i've hoped for them since they were first shown and released.

what i dont agree with is the way they would work according to this thread
    the addition of a new tier is wholly unnecessary for a feature such as this, and honestly would do the feature of negative major ids more harm than good
    while it might be neat for a feature like this to have its own tier, it unreasonably restricts the concept to that very tier, giving less flexibility to not only its own usage, but the balance of other non-"cursed" items as well.

the best way to do it in my opinion is simply to treat negative major ids like any other major id--design items around it, much like the exploited or guardian

Iboju, Mistral Marauder, H0Y and 2 others like this.
  4. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I dunno about adding cursed items as a specific item class ,but I would love to see some major ids providing balancing on a very powerful item.

Ascendant_ and H0Y like this.
  5. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Jumla Is best dad. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the idea, but I hate the actual ids your suggesting.
    They should probably push players to certain play styles.
    Here's a fun example:

King of Hearts -
    When nearby allies die, you lose 2 soul points.

The question is, what does this make players want to do?
    The answer is pretty simple, keep their allies alive.
    Basically it pushes people to actually play support.

Samsam101 and TrapinchO like this.
  6. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Better idea than mine, but I think that one would be just a little... overkill. Maybe this could be a version:

-Regret: If an ally nearby dies, the weapon has a 1 minute stun.

Also the ID would probably have to acknowledge level gaps, because you could be in Nivla forest when all of a sudden a new player gets killed by a spider and your weapon is rendered useless for the next 10 minutes. I think it would be silly to revoke soul points, but I am in support of the IDS encouraging support.

it should probably also be noted that regret is the name for the major ID on king of hearts and is in no way related to the level 23 dagger called regrets

7. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Free help with nearly everything! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the idea, but some of which you showed are just annoying.
    (also what stats)

Also there would have to be really good benefits to balance them. (some item suggestions?)
    I like @JaydonTheWarrior's suggestion to change a playstyle for the weapon

Kahsol likes this.
  8. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    number of IDS
    same

9. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Free help with nearly everything! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    so if I have chestplate with this and 10 ids I get 10x damage?

I would suggest some item examples

Kahsol likes this.