1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

More Armor Textures

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by JPT79, Aug 3, 2018.

?

What do you think? would you want this to be added?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. It doesn't really matter to me

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. No

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPT79

JPT79 Newbie Adventurer

Minecraft:
    There are so many different types of armor and I think it would be neat if there were more textures the just the leather, iron, chain, gold, and diamond textures. of course normally you wouldn't be able to do this but there is a feature with optifine that allows different textures depending on the name of the item (an example of a resource pack using this feature is a pack named itembound) Of course since it relies on an optifine feature it wouldn't be available to all players, so players without optifine would still just have the basic textures, and if this feature were to be added there would be a lot of textures if every armor were to be different, so I think it would be good to go with a similar texturing of the weapons where there are only a few different types used for multiple weapons with a few custom ones for some armors. I think it would be really cool to see this added to wynncraft and I hope others feel the same.

2. Bluescreen

Bluescreen Running Wynndows 7.2.8712.

Minecraft:
    Wynncraft is intended to be 100% playable without mods.
    So, no.

3. Altakar

Altakar ingredient tinkerer and day counter QA Item Team

Minecraft:
    Wynncraft used to have this in the form of armor skins but it was too taxing on weak computers and Mojang wasn't happy with it, so armor skins were removed. However, player-made mods allow you to get this.

blankman, Gearsalt_Mark and IreczeQ like this.
  4. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. QA Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There is already a community made mod that does exactly that

5. Noximilien

Noximilien Rise from the slumber

Minecraft:
    There are two community made resource packs which do this, dunno where you got mod from. They make use of the optifine feature mentioned above. (Now directing the message towards @JPT79 ) Here are some links if you'd want to check them out:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...our-wynn-improvements-↭-new-updates-۞.210764/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...-custom-armor-textures-old-armor-skin.211024/

Gearsalt_Mark and blankman like this.
  6. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. QA Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh they're resource packs, I thought they were mods. I'm dumb. Anyways, yeah those do exactly what the suggestion suggests.

7. Slifer

Slifer Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    That would be good,but need a lot more work

8. InfernoWraith

InfernoWraith A random spastic with opinions

Minecraft:
    You need to page Mojang for that since the texture pack can only re texture items that already exist, not create new ones. For that you need Forge. Page Mojang, not Wynn.

9. Nesaak

Nesaak Good boy HERO

Minecraft:
    It would be playable lol. This suggestion just makes the game more immersive for players with optifine. Although, I’m pretty positive there will be nothing official like this because of how optifine and Wynncraft do not mix well.

10. Allankap5

Allankap5 Oddly obsessed with Minecraft and Lady Gaga

I would want it to be added but it's too much work and not enough of a reward, especially considering how busy the Wynn team is.

Gearsalt_Mark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.