1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Monster Pokedex Sort Of Thing? (122 Supporters Pls Vote)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Pifg, May 8, 2018.

?

u like idea or nah?

1. ye

132 vote(s)
    85.2%
  2. nu

9 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. meh

14 vote(s)
    9.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pifg

Pifg aaaaaaaaaaaa CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    bump10char

2. Pifg

Minecraft:
    bump10char

3. Reminiscently

Reminiscently The Clownfish Prince

Minecraft:
    bump10char

Pifg likes this.
  4. Beluga_Whale

Beluga_Whale Newbie Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I think you should include the mob drops AND how much xp they give when killed. Showing the amount of xp given when killed would help speed up those areas where you have to grind to level up

5. Pifg

Minecraft:
    But it depends on your level and xp bonus, there's no set amount for each mob

6. Pifg

Minecraft:
    bump10char

7. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    There is a minimum and a maximum for each mob.

8. Pifg

Minecraft:
    Yeah that'd be nice, thanks for the suggestion :P

9. Slifer

Slifer Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Yeah please!! That would be a great addition!

Pifg likes this.
  10. Twilo101

Twilo101 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I am 100% for something like this. It would motivate players to explore the world and do everything it has to offer. Furthermore it would allow for more Lore and Exposition opportunities with certain enemies or bosses. Perhaps players could even scribble down some notes on certain enemies, like Elemental data, reminders and things like that.

Pifg likes this.
  11. Gearsalt_Mark

Gearsalt_Mark Travelling Merchant CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is good, but I think it should be a "complete" journal, where if you kill them it gives you a basic lore description of what they are or do, or their purpose, etc, and it also gives you a list of their mob specific drops (pretty much all monsters give legendaries so instead of showing you any specific ones it'll give you a level range of the legendaries they drop)

But this list is incomplete at first. The first time you kill them their mob drops are empty (it shows you a list of 5-7 items, but each icon is a black box and the text next to each one is "?????") In order to discover what they drop, you must kill them and actually OBTAIN that for yourself.

Example: killing the sad zombie in ragni will give you it's description, but it's specific drop (bob's tear) won't be shown until you actually get one, it'll stay as a "?????" Under it's item drops list so you KNOW you have something to discover.

I like this idea because it gives the player something to do end-game. I think we have a lot of lvl 100's that don't really know what to do with their time, my own guild leader with all lvl 100's barely joins because he "finished" the game. Adding things for players to do end-game is a really good idea and I think pretty darn awesome

12. Pifg

Minecraft:
    bump because why not

13. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the idea but I know this will never be in the game, I like it because it gives players more reason to explore because right now why should you explore and look for new grinding spots if you can just sit in csst 10 times and get level 100

I really hate csst because there is literally no endgame besides sitting in a black box, people who are joining the server for the first time dont even know what freezing heights is or rodoroc or ahmsord because they never left that black box that levels them up 100x faster than it should

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  14. Gearsalt_Mark

Gearsalt_Mark Travelling Merchant CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Right??! The exp is fair game but people abuse the loop holes, and there's nothing wrong with it (in rules or gameplay) but it's something that undermines the rest of the world. Even if people think it'll never happen, I think we really should strive for more end-game fun ^

15. Pifg

Minecraft:
    I mean true, but I feel like the wynncraft CT are trying to make it so there's other stuff to do BESIDES csst, so why wouldn't they add this? I highly doubt they encourage doing a dungeon in 5 mins for a million xp, this is just something to add for people to do if they feel like it, or another way of getting xp

A Human likes this.
  16. CountBurn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I said I like the idea
    what gave you the idea that this is what there trying to do, nothing has happened since dungeons and discoveries
    takes too long and its a suggestion not something they came up with
    no one would ever use this as a way to get xp if csst existed, that would be like farming emerald trail while everyone else is farming amadel and we have quests and farming to give you xp

17. Kulfyr3

Kulfyr3 Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I love the idea, but you usually dont get much xp from discovering an area at all, so I think the reward should be double or even four times the discovery reward. I also think there is no reason to discourage going for higher level mobs, so the reward should only go down if you're killing new mobs way below your level.

Pifg likes this.
  18. Pifg

Minecraft:
    If they don't add suggestions, then why does suggestions exist
    I mean it wouldn't be the best way to get xp, but it would give you a small little bonus as incentive to go out exploring when there's no csst party happening

19. CountBurn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    organization, everyones suggestions would be all over the forums
    yea untill they go outside of the forgery and realize they have to put effort into it and its not even going to get them to level up, if csst didnt exist then this would probably work out

20. Pifg

Minecraft:
    I don't think you seem to understand that you can't do csst unless someone hosts it... so like 80% of the time, it's not even an option
    Of course you could get a key, but it'll take longer and give less xp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.