1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Monster And Archangel Major Ids

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Kiocifer, Jan 25, 2020.

?

What should "Crusade Sabatons" be renamed to (Because mythics with names with spaces are traaaash)

1. Crusaders

17.8%
  2. Dabatons

2.2%
  3. Crabs

13.3%
  4. Dabs

4.4%
  5. CrabDabs

4.4%
  6. Learn More about Red Lobster's Crab Options - There's a Dish for Everyone. Deals You Crave.

53.3%
  7. Flabs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sabs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Crabatons

4.4%
  10. Srudades

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kiocifer

Kiocifer Maker of Anime-Infused Cuirass & akin banned memes VIP+ Modeler

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright, I know, I know, you read that title and instantly become nervous about what kind of asinine rant and OP or ridiculous suggestions will be included, but, hear me out.

I've been pretty verbose on the discord about how Monster and Archangel are quite lackluster mythics (The latter far more than the former, obviously). As it stands, tanking-based mythics (Like Monster/Archangel) either need a powerful gimmick or an overall great damage baseline + plentiful supporting stats to really stand on their feet compared to their respectively-leveled mythics.

Anyways, here's a few suggestions I've been meaning to write down onto the forums for a more permanent record than the discord rants I subject Major and Altakar to (Sorry guys)

Monster, unfortunately, is pretty meh compared to the other Level 96-100 Mythic Wands. I mean, it's certainly workable - the reliable 16k meteors with a decent chunk of hp and acceptable lifesteal is nothing to laugh at. However, it doesn’t really feel too… interesting?

Think about the other mythic wands - Pure, with its major ID, is a complete game changer, able to take any damage boosts thrown at it and essentially double them if you have the mana and ability to click that fast, Lament... Exists (That one has problems too but there's already a forum post on that) Fatal completely redefines the power of spell mage, with the ability to shoot well into the 20k+ meteor range, Singu and Gaia shape melee mage, whether that be tierstack or heavy, and Warp, well, warp is in a league of its own for creativity (Although maybe too much creativity- pretty hard to actually use, but that’s beyond my point). Anyways, Monster just suffers from being too much of a Jack-of-all-trades. It doesn’t have many notable downsides, but because of that, doesn’t have many incredible upsides either.

Anyways, enough of my preamble, onto the suggestion. Monster could use a Major ID that would thematically fit and change the gameplay style beyond just doing what every other mage ever does. Here’s my idea:
    [​IMG]

It's a simple change, especially from a coding perspective, but gameplay-wise, it enables more risky plays, while supporting tanking to deal damage. It's not too powerful, with these current numbers, but not too weak either- this roughly would translate to 6/4 Mana Regen, although you'll be sacrificing your health in exchange for more reliable Mana at your own choosing. I removed the Mana Steal from the weapon because the two in tandem would probably be too strong.

The Gamer Respect, the Harpangel, the Meme, the objective worst mythic in the game. Oh how I pity you Archangel. You don't even fall into the "Bad for a Mythic" category. There's just no use for you at all in an endgame setting. Slider's mere existence invalidates such a cool, aesthetically pleasing, edgelord-attracting scythe.

Besides Slider's existence, there’s a *lot* that’s going against Archangel. It’s a low level mythic, so already, its baseline is worse than most endgame legendaries and even rares. It’s defensively-focused; never a good thing for mythics trying to be popular at endgame. (See- Boreal). And even for walkspeed. the one stat it excels at. The other air mythic just beats it at its own game. Roving Assassin is *so* busted. Honestly if it were up to me, Roving would belong on this edgestick and Weathered would get some other Major ID fitting to the “Time” theme (maybe… sorcery? don’t bully me It’s just a joke)

But taking Weathereds shtick and slapping it onto this stick wouldn’t do much good, so let's think about what could work to make Archangel viable for level 90+. Hmm. How did pure manage to do it? I mean, it used to be the worst mythic, until it was graciously gifted a Major ID that didn’t overpower it at the level it’s meant to be, while also giving it a much-needed damage boost for endgame. Using that same logic, where a low-leveled mythic should not be directly powerful for where it is, but is able to increase its damage output more exponentially than other weapons as it scales with higher level armor, I thought of this (Also makes a lot of damn sense given that, well, you know, it’s a SCYTHE)

[​IMG]

Maybe this'd be hard to code. I dunno, doesn't seem to difficult, especially if it just affected spin/the basic melee (Although having a larger smoke bomb AoE would be really dope).

As always, comments are greatly appreciated, I just want to see these two poor mythics brought into the places that they rightfully deserve, instead of standing at the bottom of the mythic price list for their respective classes.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  2. Valbahutog

Valbahutog DDS VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump10char

3. Kiocifer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sir this post was made 7 minutes ago why did you bump it

Satsujin, Iboju, Jirayut and 5 others like this.
  4. btdmaster

btdmaster Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Does agi Dodge still proc monsters I'D?

Kiocifer likes this.
  5. Kiocifer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I... don't know how it would be coded. I assume the easiest method would be to just copy + paste the Endurance Powder special and then change the effect, so whatever that does would be whatever it will do? I dunno, Wynn Spaghetti code is a mess. I'm pretty sure that's well-known.

Asthæros and btdmaster like this.
  6. Basteyal

Basteyal The Starseer Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This made me think- what if it had -1st or -4th spell too with that? Would be cool.

Kiocifer likes this.
  7. Asthæros

Asthæros Unpronounceable HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Really good ideas tbh.

Kiocifer likes this.
  8. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You underestimate my power.
    https://wynndata.tk/s/7euvtp

Jokes aside, monster would be amazing with a major ID like that, though it might be a bit too powerful with a 0.75 second cooldown; that might need to be increased.

Archangel's fits well and makes it a unique weapon for assassin, which I personally like.

Epicness937 and Kiocifer like this.
  9. Jirayut

Jirayut [Sold] VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    +70% range ... if that increases the multihit range... oh my god

10. Iboju

Iboju Li tryhard & Medallion owner VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump since its already been 3 hours since the last message

11. Druser

Druser Heavy Melee time HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Personally I'd say Monster could do with bumping up the lifesteal a bunch, and then converting Heal into a damage spell.

12. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Heal steals enemy health?

13. Druser

Druser Heavy Melee time HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Perhaps. Although personally I'd like if it leaned into the non-healing theme more.

14. :wynnic_e:

:wynnic_e: I loathe Virgos

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    archangel seems nifty, monster seems a little strong but still workable

15. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    10/10 on the arch one. not 100% sure on the monster for balance reasons but I think that maybe if there was like a ton of +1st spell cost or something this would work really nicely (with a longer cool down cause imagine multihit xD)

16. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Did you just give a short range class a range boost... Kek sure

17. Mox gang uwu

Mox gang uwu Imperial bois OwO HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Imagine an archangel having 1.18 spin radius. That thought hurts my 2 braincells

18. NagisaStreams

NagisaStreams certified idiot Staff Member Moderator HERO

Minecraft:
    If im not mistaken, wouldn't a 70% increase hit like 7x7x3 (3 up and down)