1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Website & Forums Mods Aren't Fixes [100% Approval.]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by JaydonTheWarrior, Jul 7, 2020.

?

Agree?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Jumla Is best dad. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Look, this is simple.
    When someone makes a thread targeted at the base game, you shouldn't be allowed to give feedback of "Use (Insert mod), it fixes it." I want this to result in a light warning, not an all-out ban. I don't even mean warning point, I just mean a mod saying "No." Plenty of rules already exist like this, I don't see why this should be different.

Here's why: the general suggestion section of the froums is for people to suggest features for the base game. Unsuprisingly, mods are not officially supported by Wynncraft.

Instead of telling you more about why this shouldn't be a thing, I'm going to list some features that wouldn't currently be in the game if this was a valid arguement:
    Item locks,
    Better quest books,
    Unidentified item chest,
    So forth.

This isn't to say that you can suggest a mod to someone who is facing an issue in game. It is to say however, that a mod existing shouldn't be your REASONING to why a suggestion should not exist/be added.

(Sorry about this, this is something I have noticed, and it really really annoys me. I just needed to get it off my chest.)

Note: This is suggesting a rule that should exist on the forums.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  2. Samsam101

Samsam101 please add a quest in the gavel corrupted village HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    True, but people may suggest things like: ''Better quest tracking'' which are included in mods like Wynntils. The CT has no need to add this if the modding community has already done this. Some of these suggestions would be nice in vanilla Wynn though.

3. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is targeted for things like better tracking.
    The CT does have reason to add it, as people without the mod would get the quality of life feature.
    This is the exact mentally that I dislike seeing in the general suggestions.
    The reason wynntils did it in the first place is that its a nice feature, but wynntils having something ISN'T a reason it shouldn't be added into the base game.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Iboju, Aya, gigi2oo2 and 6 others like this.
  4. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, I use vanilla wynncraft because my computer has enough trouble running vanilla. I tried wynntils once and i had like 2 FPS. They should add stuff like that tbh

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  5. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you for posting this. It really, really bugs me when people use this as an argument against an idea. It's just about the laziest, least sensible argument against an idea you can use.
    "It'd be nice if this burger place offered cheeseburgers."
    "That's a waste of their time, you can just buy some cheese and put it on the burger after you bought it."

6. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Free help with nearly everything! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I totally agree with you,
    but I think it should be semi-valid to recommend it when the feature would be really hard/impossible to implement.

7. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:

8. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Braadley
    Sorry to say bud, this is a suggestion.
    It's suggesting a rule for the site.
    Which, mind you, does count, it even has a
    "Website" tag when making a suggestion.

Move it back

TsuB0Y, Saya, Emogla3 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Braadley

Braadley Travelled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Why was I tagged, did I do something wrong? :o
    I didn't even look at this thread or comment, yet? Lol. :)

JaydonTheWarrior, oinuk and Madkurre like this.
  10. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ambivalence Cult VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It was probably removed because it isn't a suggestion, it's just a general message to people. Making it bannable is obviously a bad idea, but getting the word out there on the most active forum section tends to get more attention than a thread without a clear title somewhere on the second page of General Suggestions.

Edit: Just read you were actually suggesting that to become a bannable offense. Although annoying it's usually not disruptive, and nearly always new people that don't exactly understand why it's a bad argument. Feel like making it bannable is just hugely unnecessary.

11. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They have to add it because they market the server as "Mod-free"

Samsam101 and TrapinchO like this.
  12. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    It’s not possible to due most suggestions with mods anyway, so idk why people would suggest mods beyond minor tweaks.

13. __Excel

__Excel i like cats VIP+

Minecraft:
    Do be aware that there are many things that wynncraft can’t add without a client side modification. Things like the better quest book, map built into the client, waypoints (to some extent) cannot be done with a vanilla client, and for that you have wynntils.
    But there are tons of features that wynntils has that wynncraft could add, like item percentages, server uptime, and more.

Also, I haven’t seen many issues that players have that can be solved with wynntils, but I have seen suggestions that include features that exist in wynntils. That is probably because wynntils is 90% QoL changes.

14. WithTheFish

WithTheFish don't give up, skeleton Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was the one who originally moved this thread, as it seemed like you were just making a statement on how people should respond to suggestions. Since you've clarified what the point of this thread was, I've moved it back.

15. WynnMilkman

WynnMilkman Detlas AFK Gang HERO

Minecraft:
    Mfw you have to use a mod to enjoy a mod-free advertised server "better"
    +1

16. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    also im not sure if anybody else has said this (I think they have?) but if people say ''oh wynntils fixes this issue'' it encourages the use of these mods and although they are legal on the server they can still get you banned because of the unexpected client behaviours and packets and whatnot

I only used wynntils once and would use it more if it didn't lag me and wasn't dangerous to use

17. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just because something is a rule, doesn't mean it needs to be bannable.
    There are plenty of rules that aren't, many results in a light figure wiggle from mods, which is exactly what I want with this one.

I have unironically found a glitch, somehow...
    glitch.png

Braadley, if that isn't your profile picture, then it's even more glitched because it did have your name.
    Also Braadley isn't a mod, how did this even happen? It's kind of funny.

Braadley likes this.
  18. HeyZeer0

HeyZeer0 Wynntils Developer VIP

Minecraft:
    I agree with you!
    My starting goal with Wynntils was to implement features that either was impossible to Wynncraft or it was not implemented.
    Wynncraft is unfortunately limited by the vanilla resources and we are limited to Wynncraft behavior.

Saying that a feature is already implemented in a mod is definitely not a valid argument.
    But still, Wynncraft lacks a LOT of features that could be easily implemented natively into the game.
    We both have our limitations.

I wish one day to see most of Wynntils features implemented natively into the game I love so much ^^

19. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Agreed sir.