1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Make Tower Of Ascension Mob Levels Correspond To Strength / Actual Recommended Level.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Saya, Jul 2, 2020.

?

should this happen

1. yes

77 vote(s)
    88.5%
  2. no

10 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. DontSlapMeItHurt

DontSlapMeItHurt Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Lol who voted no, the mob levels when you look in toa vs other mobs you see at the level, the other mobs you see at their lvl are much stronger. For example an average mob in corkus vs Steampunk Sentry, usually the corkus mobs are stronger. Or that grind spot behind FF, the mobs it’s way stronger than the mobs in Toa Floor 7, in which ToA floor 7 is “Lvl 100-100”

What would the intervals of the floors be then, apparently at lvl 45 you should be done with like floor 4, I’m assuming the floors will be like lvl 40-42 then floor 2 would be like lvl 42-45 and so on

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  2. Dwicey

Dwicey mmmyes QA HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Huh, floor 4 at level 45?
    I always thought that:
    40-45 - > Floor 1
    45-50 -> Floor 2
    50-55 -> Floor 3
    55-60 > Floor 4
    60-65 -> Floor 5
    65-70 -> Floor 6
    75-75 > Floor 7

5 level intervals make perfect sense

Tsuneo, Aya, AmbassadorDazz and 6 others like this.
  3. DontSlapMeItHurt

Minecraft:
    Im pretty sure Alkevo is a DPS test to see if you can do Death (I got carried thro Alkevo but couldnt do him myself, and found death hard as well, but with my new relik i found death and Alkevo easy.

Anyway I was thinking my old logic that youd do floor 4 at lvl 45 and do a new floor every 10 lvls, but that wouldnt make much sense if thet made it like that, but yeah 5 lvl intervals do make sense

4. Saya

Saya yeah don't mislead newbies thanks VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump time!

5. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump, another day of players being surprised after being told ToA is designed to be completed at 75

Ellphant and Druser like this.
  6. Lex!

Lex! the final elkurn activist QA HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    the mob levels in ToA directly correlate to the actual scaling of the mobs' strength off the baseline, rather than the level they're meant to be fought. confusing? yes, absolutely, but changing the levels displayed isn't an option here (if you did, you'd have to do the same for a lot of other mobs across the world.)

7. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Jumla Is best dad. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, but the actually levels don't need to be changed, just the signs telling players when they should be fought.

To say I disagree with changing the actual mobs level, we'll I do. CoW for example would be light years off, and same for most other bosses.
    I think a simple change in signs would be enough to inform most players.

8. Lex!

Lex! the final elkurn activist QA HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    yeah, it could definitely be improved. i'll ask around, no guarantees it'll change though.

Saya, Dwicey and JaydonTheWarrior like this.
  9. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    upload_2020-8-10_0-9-35.png
    at least the signs please :((

Tsuneo, Crokee, Dr Zed and 5 others like this.
  10. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz HTTP 425: Too Early Staff Member Moderator VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm guessing the following level ranges would fit to each floor in ToA if we're going with the signs (because that makes more sense after @Lex!'s explanation):
    Floor I: 40-45
    Floor II: 46-50
    Floor III: 51-55
    Floor IV: 56-60
    Floor V: 61-65
    Floor VI: 66-70
    Floor VII: 71-75
    Also worth noting that while ToA can indeed be soloed, Death (being the superboss he is at Level 74-75) may require multiple people to take him down. It still gets rid of some confusion, though, but now people are confused why are they fighting Lv. 95 mobs in a Lv. 66-70 area.

The above issue can be more or less amended by the community explaining that the mob levels in ToA are not perfectly indicative of the mob strength and players can slay mobs over 25+ levels above them just fine.

11. mr bread

mr bread what HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if i recall correctly, mobs from the hive are stronger than what their displayed level would suggest so in situations like these i think it would be fine

btdmaster, Saya and Druser like this.
  12. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The more I think about this, the more it doesn't make sense.

Using mob levels to show how much they are off baseline is a big ??? when done in the way they were done for ToA, in a way that completely contradicts with mob levels in general. The pre-gavel display level argument doesn't make sense either, because it's been a long time since gavel.

I'd get a few levels above the level they're meant to be fought at because of the being above baseline, but putting lv75 mobs at 100+?

13. DontSlapMeItHurt

Minecraft:
    Death is an absolute joke tf you talking about, I could do an easy solo as a lvl 70, yes I was a shaman but that time my mana sustain sucked *** so aura didn't work too well. Ig if you have a weapon that deals his ele weakness he's not that hard to solo, he has a massive wall of hp yes, but 10k/10s hpr isn't that much tbh. Floor 6 and 7 should be the same lvl tbh bc alkevo is a pure dps to see if you stand a chance against death.

14. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Another reason for this change (not like there needs to be another reason but w/e): No more ToA mythic grinding "exploit"

15. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I wouldn't mind if ToA was completely revamped. I actually almost finished the quest today in one go using an Archer with level 60ish gear (4k HP, Spectral Slingshot lvl 67). I just need a better weapon for Death.

Every floor on each level is only 2 things: absurdly easy (every melee mob) or annoying (every projectile mob). It's pretty much spamming arrow shield and arrow bomb the whole time, and the only difference between the two is that you circle strafe in the latter. And when you get to a boss, you spam both arrow shield and arrow storm. That's it.

Today ToA feels like an outdated version of the Hive. Everything ToA does the Hive does better in terms of floors (quality over quantity), rewards (incremental, choose your own, conflicts less with builds), and bosses (every ToA boss besides Death is a joke). Sometimes I had to wait around for mobs to spawn in some levels, especially in the first 2 floors, which I have no idea what that's about.

I would still be fine if the rewards didn't change, but the gameplay definitely should.

Tsuneo and btdmaster like this.
  16. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bumperino aaa

17. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Confirmed questbook change and (hopefully) sign changes are good and all, but mob levels,,,, Fixing them also fixes toa grinding

18. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 Professional JoJo reference boi HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wouldn't mind if this is changed, but just when ToA is released, people aren't that skillful yet. Also there are a lot more gears and power creep thingy which makes this easy for level 70s nowadays

19. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, display levels were fine back then because the max level was 75 so no one was confused.

There has been gear powercreep, but that only supports my argument since it's very doable at 75 in the current state of the game.

20. Qzphs

Qzphs wf spring user

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    let's add that i've been playing wynncraft for 3 years and i've never ever attempted a lv75 solo on ToA purely due to display levels

Druser and Saya like this.