1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Make Higher Level Quests In Lower Level Areas

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Creep, Jun 6, 2021.

?

Good idea? More high lvl quests in low lvl areas?

1. Yes, good idea

20 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. Good idea, but change it a bit (please elaborate)

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Bad idea, but could be implemented partially (please elaborate)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, bad idea

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. Creep

Creep I love lore CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The suggestion is simple, really. Currently on Wynncraft, your progression through the levels determines where on the map you go. This is fine, and it probably makes perfect sense, progression-wise, but it breaks the immersion into the world.
    Here's the thing: Cities like Detlas, Cinfras, Ragni, and Troms are all big cities with a lot of importance in the world if we are to believe what the game tells us. However, this doesn't reflect the actual experience you get when playing the game. Rymek and the area surrounding is a perfect example of what I mean. There are a few lvl 30- lvl 40 quests in Rymek. You finish those quests, move on to other quests, and never visit the place again. Now, while it's not the biggest area on the map, it's still a big place with a lot of work having been put into it. I bet most players completely forget about it after lvl 50. Now if that's not a waste of all the time put into making Rymek, I don't know what is.
    So that was a bit chaotic.

Essentially, my suggestion goes like this:
    Make more higher level quests in lower level areas. For example, we're supposed to believe Ragni is an important city in the Wynncraft world, so why don't we see any higher level quests in Ragni? If it's so important, why don't we see more people gathering there?
    The quest introducing you to the silent expanse succeeded in doing what I'm suggesting more quests should do: It started in Detlas, another city we're supposed to believe is really important and all, but is underrepresented in later quests. In that quest, it worked as a gathering point, which is exactly what Detlas is supposed to be, a big trading city in the middle of the province, a place easily accesible.

I think it's a shame so many really cool lower level areas are completely abandoned once you get to higher levels. I don't think it should be a case of 50/50 between quests in new areas and in old areas, but having say 2 quests in lower level areas for every 6 quests in newer/higher lvl areas could help the immersion into the story a lot more.

I am really sorry if my formatting for this is bad, or if this has already been suggested. I did spend some time checking, and I surprisingly couldn't find anyone suggesting it.

2. Samsam101

Samsam101 PLEASE RNGesus PLEASE bless me with the mage hat!! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think the reason why the game does not do this is because a new player could explore an at-level area and see a quest NPC. They would get excited about a new quest and then see the level the NPC wants them to be, and be disappointed at how much they'll have to grind to play the quest. This is why I believe that AJB's start is quite well-hidden in Detlas. Plus, most content is based around the level of its area, and keeping the quests and stuff in one place means the player doesn't have to move around too much and can stick to at most 3 places to go between and do quests in. Having to CONSTANTLY go all over the place to do quests would just be an annoying feature added for mere immersion

dr_carlos likes this.
  3. Creep

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That is definitely a possible scenario, but the thing is, this is already being done in some places. A notable example is Selchar, where the start NPC for The Envoy Part I is standing right in the middle of the island.
    Now, this is speaking from personal experience, but when I first saw that NPC at my low level, I didn't think "Oh no I will have to grind so much", but rather, "Oh nice to know I will also have something to do when I get to the end-game, so I don't just have to grind all the way".

4. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree, it's the same for me - but lore-wise I just don't think this would make enough sense (however I'm happy to be corrected)

5. Samsam101

Samsam101 PLEASE RNGesus PLEASE bless me with the mage hat!! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The starter NPC for that quest was placed there because he existed prior to the addition of Corkus and was one of the only NPCs to talk about it

6. Creep

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That may be, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a high level quest NPC in a low level area.

Uniimog and Saya like this.
  7. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Jumla Is best dad. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I disagree.
    I can almost guarantee the reaction would be something of excitement,
    something vaguely similar to seeing a perk you can get at higher levels in an RPG.

8. starx280

starx280 The boy who cried lunar

Minecraft:
    This is a great idea!

You’re a hero, after all

9. Ava Cart

Ava Cart If you don't like Ava you die VIP+

Minecraft:
    More Detlas quests please!

10. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild: